User Lists: 14

Contra Advance

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

Gave up on DMC5 (Gamepass) a few levels into V’s missions. It’s fine, but it never grabbed me as more than something to whittle time away on...which isn’t a great use of my time.

I decided to try Bloodstained (also on Gamepass). I dug it, got super annoyed at the “Not David Hayter” emo/Dante guy, and eventually got patient and beat him. Having a blast with it now. Very fun game.

mrangryface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

• Final Fantasy 8 remastered (Switch Lite)
  • Indivisible (PC)
  • Dead Cells (Switch Lite)
  • Grindstone (iOS)

gemerguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

1. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
  2. WoW Classic
Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Remnant: From the Ashes.

On one hand I love this game. On the other hand I hate this game.

I love the gameplay. The moving and shooting just feels great. All the weapons feel unique and powerful. I'm having a hard time deciding which weapons I like the best and that's a good thing.

I think the random nature of the level design is a neat feature that lends itself well to replays and co-op. It's too bad that not all aspects of the level are guaranteed to be there though. For example, my Earth level doesn't have the Bandit camp that recognizes Mud Tooth's pocket watch, or the Wailing Tree.

I hate the Dark Souls-esque enemy respawns. Combine that with the difficulty spike of some of these elite enemies and you've got a recipe for rage quits. I just want to make steady progress. The more times I have to repeat something I've already done the more likely it is I'm putting your game down for good.

The older I've got the more these mechanics have swung from tolerable (Demon Souls, my 30's) to bullshit (Remnant, my 40's), and the less patience I have for them. I'm going to have to be more aware of that when deciding what games to buy in the future.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

• Control
  • Children of Morta
  • The Missing: JJ Macfield
nutta27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

FIFA 19. It’s FIFA I still enjoy playing through career mode while watching something on a second screen.

aReyouKiDDinG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Playerunknown's battlegrounds

2. GTA V

IK2K3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Asgard's Wrath

Basically God of War 2018 in VR with Oculus money to actually make it a good game.

theuprightman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By theuprightman

I finished Remant last week, really enjoyed the gunplay and the feel, the random generation nature of the levels made some of the environments very boring for me. The final boss is also a severe difficulty spike, I played the entire game solo except for that fight because it was so hard.

Over the weekend I played a few hours off The Division 2 while it was on its free weekend, played for about two hours on Friday and never went back. The shooting felt very underwhelming but I suppose with just coming of Remant most games would. the guns just felt so lifeless.

As I am on vacation I have had time to dig back into The Outer Wilds, I played the first hour or two a few weeks ago and did not think much of it but I wanted to give it another go. After about three four hour sittings this week I just finished it, I think I read almost everything and I really enjoyed it overall. The controls annoyed me at first but as I played more I enjoyed mastering them. I think the story has a good blend of horror, exploration and comedy that left me satisfied even if the ending is a little predictable.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Phantasy Star Portable.

So I bought a PSP 3K because I got into one of my "I'm bored and I hate money" moods and bought the console along with Crisis Core, a 16 GB memory stick, and I'm in the process of importing the limited editions of the three Ikkitousen games: Shining Dragon, Eloquent Fist and Xross Impact just for the sake of having them. But the PSP 3K might be a bit too small for my hands. I wouldn't say that the 1K was particularly comfortable, but the 3K is making me resent that Sega didn't allow a digital version so that I could play it, along with other UMD/physical copy exclusive games, on my Vita which is significantly more comfortable to use. I mean, sure, PPSSPP, but I'm not really strapped for cash anymore, and I just prefer having physical copies of console and handheld games for the sake of having the collection.

...As for the actual game, though; I mean, yeah. Phantasy Star Portable is still one of my favorite PSP games, so it's great having it again, same for Crisis Core. I'll most likely get back into Phantasy Star Online 2 when the English version finally comes over, even if the game hasn't aged too well in the looks department.

mikachops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By mikachops

Jedi Fallen Order. Absolutely fantastic video game ass video game. My current GOTY, and I'm not even the biggest Star Wars fan. It captures all the magic I felt watching the original trilogy as a kid, and is by far my favourite thing in the franchise since the original films.

It just plays like a damn video game and the pacing is fantastic. Story is excellent as other reviews have mentioned. Veryyyy glitchy but I'm a weirdo and love it when that shit happens.