gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By gtxforza

@goosemunch said:

I don't think anyone mentioned the GTR series yet. Back when I used to like racing games I regarded them quite highly. They're also victims of StarForce DRM making them unplayable on modern Windows today.

Fun fact, people/founders of SimBin that made GTR games went on to found Slightly Mad Studios that made NFS Shift games which is why they're so damn good.

GTR series is really fun, complicated and I've known Project Cars series is pretty much spiritual successor to that.

MacGoesZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

My favorite are: ( in no order)

Nascar 2005 chase for the cup or Nascar Heat Dirt to Daytona

Gran Turismo 4

Pro race driver 3

Forza Horizon 3

All a little different, but great in their own ways.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorite are: ( in no order)

Nascar 2005 chase for the cup or Nascar Heat Dirt to Daytona

Gran Turismo 4

Pro race driver 3

Forza Horizon 3

All a little different, but great in their own ways.

Good list.

Avatar image for senorsucks2suck
senorsucks2suck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 1

@ripelivejam: Maerio seems like a Bakalar dig. I watched #The Wizard yesterday and the announcer for gaming Armageddon does say a more Maerio than Mario. But i treat Mario 64 as more canon than The Wizard.

Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#58  Edited By Twiggy199

Midtown Madness 3

Dirt 2

Motocross Madness

MX Vs.ATV Untamed/Unleashed/Reflex/All out

MX Superfly

Supercross 3

Granturismo 2

Street racer (1994)

Micro Machines

Burnout Paradise

NFS underground 1+2/ Hot Pursuit 2 (2002)

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

San Francisco RUSH 2049 Arcade Version.

end of list.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By gtxforza

@rorie said:

San Francisco RUSH 2049 Arcade Version.

end of list.

I wished San Francisco Rush 2049 ever had a remake for next-gen consoles. Oh, the closest driving game to San Francisco Rush 2049 on Steam right now is Distance by Refract.

OSail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From the dying embers of arcade racers time, Ridge Racer Type 4 is still something I revisit every year. The best Ridge Racer ever made, and while it may not live up to the standards many have for deep, lifestyle racing games now? It's great to run through the story mode once in a while.

Outrun 2, the arcade and Xbox original or SP edition on the Playstation 2, is one of the best games ever made without hyperbole.

Forza Horizon 3 and Mario Kart 8 are my favourite modern driving games. Mario Kart 8 has eaten up some hundreds of hours over the Wii U and Switch, offline and in various forms of multiplayer and is recognized as being pretty much the best kart racer so what else can I write here?

Forza Horizon 3 is one of those lifestyle racing games I mentioned earlier, but it's actually fun to drive around a compacted version of south Queensland and northern New South Wales compared to the despairing boredom of the setting and compression of the real life lands in something like Forza Horizon 4. Maybe I played too much Colin McRae Rally back in the day, and drove too many of those UK roads years ago, but I've also driven those Australian roads and can see where Horizon 3 meets it in a much more tonally correct and interesting way.

Plus the macho bullshit blokeyness (something which usually drives me very far away!) fits a lot of Australian car types and the try-hardness actually fits that culture for once (/not to mention bike culture and such, hence why Straya has exported so much more to motor vehicles in various forms of media that you may realize), whereas other games that do something similar in and out of the series seem inconceivably naff and, well, just try-hard and desperate like wanker boy racers inspired by The Fast And The Furious. Forza Horizon 3 works in tone, in gameplay, and in style, and not many games with some aspects of simulation ever truly manage that.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@osail said:

From the dying embers of arcade racers time, Ridge Racer Type 4 is still something I revisit every year. The best Ridge Racer ever made, and while it may not live up to the standards many have for deep, lifestyle racing games now? It's great to run through the story mode once in a while.

Outrun 2, the arcade and Xbox original or SP edition on the Playstation 2, is one of the best games ever made without hyperbole.

Forza Horizon 3 and Mario Kart 8 are my favourite modern driving games. Mario Kart 8 has eaten up some hundreds of hours over the Wii U and Switch, offline and in various forms of multiplayer and is recognized as being pretty much the best kart racer so what else can I write here?

Forza Horizon 3 is one of those lifestyle racing games I mentioned earlier, but it's actually fun to drive around a compacted version of south Queensland and northern New South Wales compared to the despairing boredom of the setting and compression of the real life lands in something like Forza Horizon 4. Maybe I played too much Colin McRae Rally back in the day, and drove too many of those UK roads years ago, but I've also driven those Australian roads and can see where Horizon 3 meets it in a much more tonally correct and interesting way.

Plus the macho bullshit blokeyness (something which usually drives me very far away!) fits a lot of Australian car types and the try-hardness actually fits that culture for once (/not to mention bike culture and such, hence why Straya has exported so much more to motor vehicles in various forms of media that you may realize), whereas other games that do something similar in and out of the series seem inconceivably naff and, well, just try-hard and desperate like wanker boy racers inspired by The Fast And The Furious. Forza Horizon 3 works in tone, in gameplay, and in style, and not many games with some aspects of simulation ever truly manage that.

Loading Video...

Each time I listen to One More Win from Ridge Racer Type 4, this makes me really hope Ridge Racer series to return on PS5, Xbox Series X, PC and Nintendo Switch.

Briten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sega GT (Dreamcast)

Top Gear (SNES)

Forza One (Original Xbox)

Need for Speed 3 (PC)

Hydro Thunder (Arcade)

Avatar image for perpetual_christopher
Perpetual_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Burnout 3 is the best one, don't let anyone tell you different.

ADrunkSquirrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ADrunkSquirrel
  • 1) Burnout 3: Takedown (Xbox) BY A WIDE MARGIN
  • 2) Mario Kart: 64 (N64)
  • 3) Blur (PS3)
  • 4) FX Zero (Gamecube)
  • 5) Split / Second (PS3)

Honorable mention to Project Gotham

f2tmg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dirt 2 I still go back and watch the Colin Mcrae tribute video you get at the end of the game every so often and the presentation beats everything the later games have done.

Plus that handling model is incredible every car feels exactly as you think it should and unlike a lot of sims it doesn't insist that massively expensive racecars will just understeer straight off the track if you don't get the speed into the corner perfect.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@f2tmg said:

Dirt 2 I still go back and watch the Colin Mcrae tribute video you get at the end of the game every so often and the presentation beats everything the later games have done.

Plus that handling model is incredible every car feels exactly as you think it should and unlike a lot of sims it doesn't insist that massively expensive racecars will just understeer straight off the track if you don't get the speed into the corner perfect.

This makes me really missed Colin McRae!

MostlySquares

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By MostlySquares

I liked iRacing a lot back when I played it a bunch. It has a very different vibe from all other sims cause it's just really hardcore with penalizing you for breaking rules in multiplayer games.

The one I've played by far the most is Live for Speed (not need for speed) which is probably still to this day the best sim for drifting. I love drifting, it's kinda why I don't do iRacing anymore :D Love sliding that ass.

Screamer 1 and 2 and Screamer Rally from the 90s sometime was super fun.

Carmageddon had some cool ideas, probably doesn't stand the test of time...

Interstate 76 wasn't really a racing game, but it was a car game, and it is probably the most stylin' car game of all time.

WipEout Omega Collection in VR is a god damned treat.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Forza Horizon 4 was and still is brilliant imo; by far my fav Horizon. Loved Forza Motorsport 2, 3, 6, and 7. Loved all the PGR games, but 2-4 the most. Played a lot of the McRae rally games back in the day and really liked them all. Enjoyed Dirt 1 and 2, 3 and 4 much less. Not a fan of the real arcadey racing style games myself though.

Thegoldfether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stamosx6: yes. I just posted about that game. the ps2 version is quite superb. everything from the handling of the cars to the tracks are just fantastic.

Avatar image for deactivated-619b03b9dff60
deactivated-619b03b9dff60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegoldfether: The PS2 version is the best, I consider it the best racing game experience aside from Gran Turismo 3.

GuardianBob87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

San Francisco Rush (N64)

cubidog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not much of a racing game fan, but I love Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed. I have a lot of nostalgia for Star Wars Episode 1 Racer but I don't know if that holds up still. Oh and GTA 5's online races are wonderful thanks to all the absolutely wild shit they've added over the years.

Avatar image for perpetualoutput
Perpetualoutput

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked the dirt series.. rally drifting was fun

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Micro Machines on the Genesis

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

I'm with the bot, Wreckfest was very close to being a gateway to serious racing games for me.