benjo_t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By benjo_t

Hi folks,

With Resident Evil: Village on the way, I've been trying to avoid starting any big play-throughs, opting for more compact experiences instead.

So far, I've beaten Bayonetta for the first time, and I'm on my way to wrapping up Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.

Doing this made me realise just how big games have become, and how valuable these smaller, ten-hour-or-so runs really are. They've been a refreshing 'palate cleanser' and don't outstay their welcome!

I was wondering if you had other recommendations for games that run around the 10-hour mark? Of course, you can get way more out of the above games if you go for challenges/additional runs, but I'm looking for games that run for around 10 hours (or in that spirit) on a "normal" first run.

A couple others that come to mind:

• Portal 2
  • Spec Ops: The Line
  • Mirror's Edge
  • The Swapper
imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

In no particular order:

Prince of Persia (2008), Binary Domain, Pyre, Celeste, Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, Wolfenstein 2, Return of the Obra Dinn

are the first ones to come to my mind.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By gtxforza

All I can say is Halo: Combat Evolved, but I don't get why other main installments of Halo games' main story won't last over 10 hours? well, I hope Halo: Infinite would last over 10 hours.

I know the Halo series is really replayable and it's still my personal favorite FPS franchise when it comes to the single-player campaign for the shooter game genre.

theonewhoplays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

They are not even 10 hours as far as I know, but I routinely play through all the Max Payne games. Heavenly Sword is also a fun mindless romp. The DMC games, especially 3 and 4, are really replayable.

navster15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In honor of the site, I think there’s only one right answer:

Motherfucking 50 Cent:Blood on the Sand

PeezMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Bastion

NoPantsNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ninja Gaiden Black or Ninja Gaiden Sigma

Might take you more than 10 hours on the first attempt though - more like 15 hours or so depending how often you die.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Timespinner, if you're looking for more Castlevania.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually think 10 hours is an ideal game length. I've enjoyed games that are longer than that, but they all have some filler, grind, or just weak points that don't match good parts.

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time

Vanquish (same developer as Bayonetta)

chrispy145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A recent one I really enjoyed was A Plague Tale: Innocence. Interesting story and got out before I could get sick of it.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Well, this is going to take me going though my various libraries and asking myself "Did I/Could I have beat this within 10 hours?" since I prefer RPGs:

The Devil May Cry games, specifically 3 and 5. The Need for Speed games, specifically Underground 2 and Heat. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. Doom (2016). Bayonetta. Lollipop Chainsaw. Gears 1. I vaguely remember beating Jak 3 within a day across 14 hours back in high school, so I'll count that. I think the first God of War was within 10 hours. And HuniePop.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, some of my favourite games of all time. Super Metroid is probably the winner for me.

If we're not counting multiplayer then Titan Fall 2's campaign is Godlike as well.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By BisonHero
@benjo_t said:

...but I'm looking for games that run for around 10 hours (or in that spirit) on a "normal" first run.

Some of y'all really listing games that are definitely 20-40 hours on your first playthrough. If you finished Super Metroid in 10 hours on your first play, you are some kind of government science experiment.

Some 10-hour-or-less games I'd recommend:

• Another World
  • Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
  • VVVVVV
  • Her Story (variable length, but I think you're usually done around 10 hours or less)
  • Return of the Obra Dinn (same caveat as Her Story)
  • Mark of the Ninja (might be more like 15 hours if you go for all collectibles/challenges, but it can be completed in 10 hours for first playthrough)
  • Inside
  • Ape Out

Probably some others from older consoles that I can't recall at the moment.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Outer Wilds, assuming you don't get stuck too badly.