What are your gaming plans? (April)

• 61 results
AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

April seems to be a pretty dry month as far as retail releases go and I was curious on what games you guys planned on playing. I plan on trying to finish Second Son and Ground Zeros. Also play some Mercenary Kings/Arkham City thanks to Plus. I personally love slow months so that I don't feel pressured to finish the big AAA release to stay up to date with the discussions going on the site.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Aetheldod

Its either BlazBlue Chronophantasm or The Witch and the hundred Knight ... if I get money for one. If not keep playing Dark Souls 2 and maybe Dust

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

For my April game (trying to complete at least one game per month) I am going to finish The Last of Us and am currently on a Hard Mode playthrough of Bioshock Infinate.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Zeik

I still need to finish Dark Souls 2, which I'm slowly working may through. Also need to finish Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, which I just started a week or two ago, and I'm inching my way through that. Mercenary Kings is out on PS4 tomorrow and I want to give that a try. The second PS4 beta for FFXIV also starts in a few days and I believe it's going to allow character transfer, so I'll probably end up playing some of that. And beyond all that I'm increasingly being drawn to jump back into Diablo 3 on the PC, even though I really really just want to wait for the PS4 version. (If they would only give a date I could probably hold off, but the indefinite wait makes it kind of torture.)

I very rarely juggle so many games at once, but I'm having a hard time focusing on just one.

DeadeyeMcCoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably keep playing Hatsune Miku Project Diva f, which I haven't been able to put down since I bought it the other day. Not sure if it's just really fucking great or if I've simply been itching for a good Vita game. Aside from that, probably continue to play WoW like the shameless shill I am, and wait for the Dark Souls II PC version to come out. Still need to finish Rayman Legends and Fire Emblem Awakening, too.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Wemibelle

Likely a bunch of backlog stuff. I've been wanting to pick up a few things (FFX HD, Ground Zeroes), but I'm trying to resist the urge and finish the gross number of games I already have, plus play some "unfinishable" stuff like Diablo 3.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Aegon

Play more Wonderful 101. Maybe make more progress in Xenoblade (it's so long -_-). If more Walking Dead or Wolf Among Us comes out, then that as well.

My backlog is huge. Not entirely sure how to deal with it. I already have enough things distracting me on the internet from productivity.

Also, a monthly edition of a thread like this would be cool.

angouri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FFX/X-2 with some Borderlands 2 co-op. I'm hoping Conception II is good, otherwise, Child of Light is my next game.

Wish WatchDogs was out.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By bigjeffrey
Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#10  Edited By Atlas
  • Crusader Kings 2 - Rajas of India came out recently, adding a ton of new content to the game.
  • The Elder Scrolls Online - I've never played an MMO before, but I'm such a TES lore nerd that I might have to play this, even if it isn't going to be a great MMO.
  • Magic: The Gathering Online - I've been falling deeper and deeper down the MTG hole recently...
  • I'm buying South Park: The Stick of Truth the first time it goes on sale (i.e. isn't £40 on PC). If that's in April, then I'll play some of that.
  • Other games that I intend to buy the first time they go on sale - Jazzpunk, Banished, Banner Saga, and Betrayer.
  • Harvest Moon 3DS - because why the fuck not?
  • Tropico 5 - I like the Tropico games. If this one is good, I'll buy it and play it.
  • Recent games in my backlog that I may get to this month: Gunpoint; XCOM: Enemy Within; Path of Exile; Antichamber; and Don't Starve
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

I just started Second Son, so I guess I'll either play that until I beat it or I get sick of it and move on.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Games I am in some process of playing and will probably continue to play through the month:

• Etrian Odyssey IV. After the bad taste of Bravely Default's second half, I'm totally okay continuing on with a RPG that is exactly what it says and doesn't aspire to be anything more or less
  • Thief. Thus far, I don't hate it. In fact, I'd go as far as to say I've enjoyed playing Thief. It has problems, sometimes feeling like a old-school stealth game (Yay!) and sometimes like a half-baked modern update (Nay!), but I'm crossing my fingers that its second half isn't unabashedly awful or something.
  • Age of Wonders III: It's a Fantasy Turn-Based Strategy game with RPG elements. If you don't think I'm not all over that, you're crazy.
  • Dark Souls II: is a game that will come out later this month for the Personal Computer and has clearly never been released anywhere else beforehand.
Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slogging through FFXIII-2 currently. It's definitely an improvement on FFXIII in most ways, but sometimes it's just ridiculous. Having lyrics (bad lyrics at that) in almost every piece of background music is a really strange, and often distracting-in-a-bad-way design decision. (Who the fuck OKed a metal song with the singer going full growl "so you think you can ride this chocobo"???) And fuck the story, the writers for these games have clearly just given up at this point.

I'll probably finish it in April, so next probably something a little more action oriented from the backlog pile. Maybe inFamous 2 in honour of Second Son having just come out. That will probably take me through the end of April. I'm not exactly overloaded with video game time these days.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By glots

Evil inFamous playthrough, Reaper of Souls and Mercenary Kings. Think those three will keep me happy.

Panelhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By Panelhopper

For me April is going to be dominated by FFX/X2 HD & trying to platinum Lego marvel

angouri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slogging through FFXIII-2 currently. It's definitely an improvement on FFXIII in most ways, but sometimes it's just ridiculous. Having lyrics (bad lyrics at that) in almost every piece of background music is a really strange, and often distracting-in-a-bad-way design decision. (Who the fuck OKed a metal song with the singer going full growl "so you think you can ride this chocobo"???) And fuck the story, the writers for these games have clearly just given up at this point.

I'll probably finish it in April, so next probably something a little more action oriented from the backlog pile. Maybe inFamous 2 in honour of Second Son having just come out. That will probably take me through the end of April. I'm not exactly overloaded with video game time these days.

Oh man, enjoy the annoying jump in difficulty right at the end of 13-2. It made me quit because I didn't want to grind to beat the final boss.

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SharkEthic

Didn't get Titanfall for my birthday, which I'm kinda not bummed about at all, though it does leave me with a huge gaping hole of nothing to play. I think I'll get The Stick of Truth and keep playing Ground Zeroes.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By jkz

I just got Asura's Wrath so I'm playing through that and will continue to. I want to finish Betrayer and play a bit more DS2, although I'm waiting for the brunt of my second run to be on the PC. Basically I want to finish stuff I started in March. I'll have a lot less time to play games this month, since I had some time off working in the last. Also I should probably finish The Witcher 2; I love that game I just don't know why I keep falling off on it.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slowly replaying Pokèmon Heartgold and trying to get through this huge ass load of unfinished games. I don't plan on picking up any new games so maybe I can at least scratch the surface...

Lol.

wolfskind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By wolfskind
  1. Finish Mass Effect.
  2. Play Dark Souls 2.
  3. ....probably more Dark Souls 2.
Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More Dark Souls 2. More Diablo 3. Practicing up in SSF4 in preparation for Ultra. Maybe Blazblue Chronophantasma.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dark Souls 2

Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls

Age of Wonders 3

Trials Fusion

Titanfall

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I think I've recovered enough from my Bravely Default JRPG overdose that I can finally play through Final Fantasy 13-3. Steins;Gate comes out at the end of the month too. I suppose there's Dark Souls 2 as well, but I want to get a little more space from my playthrough of the first one before I tackle that. I'd like to play Infamous but I probably can't get a ps4 until this summer when my finances clear up a bit.

Man this year has been really dry for games, it's a good thing that the games I've wanted to play have been so long.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Clonedzero

More dark souls 2. It's pretty great, already beaten it, close to beating it a second time.

Will probably play hitman absolution since i just got it for free via xbox gold thing.

Might get the 360 version of titanfall pending the quality. if its good then ill get it, if its crap then yeah ill just skip it. skeptical right now.

miko1222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got a stack of games to get through. All AC games, All Sly games, ME3, MG 1 & 2, as well as Metal Gear Solid 1 and VR missions, Arkham Trilogy, Dishonored, Morrowind, more Skyrim, and I'm trying to get into Kingdom Hearts. Oh, and I almost forgot, I've got to finish Saints Row IV... and Risen 2, Splinter Cell Trilogy and Blacklist...

And those are just some of the games in my backlog.

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

Probably some DarkSouls 2 on PC and random indie games that will pop up on steam during the month

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#29  Edited By Humanity

I dunno man, whats coming out? Maybe I should finally get that PS4.

Avatar image for singingmenstrual
SingingMenstrual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The best thing I've done gaming-wise since I started in the 90s, is no longer have plans for my gaming.

No plans, no backlog, no lists, nothing. I just pick a game that feels right and go with it, and have a blast playing video games. I focus more on my work and education, so that video games remain an occasional treat!

Right now I'm taking my time on my 4th playthrough of Assassin's Creed 2, after that I might jump into a good RPG, maybe finally play Neverwinter Nights 2 and its expansions, or start a-fresh in Skyrim.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c26fd6917af0
deactivated-5c26fd6917af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably continue to play FFXI until Dark Souls II is released on PC. Than I will play Dark Souls II to completion with some sprinkles of FFXI thrown in.

Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

#32  Edited By Savage

A balanced diet of new and old games, largely drawn from my backlog. I'm currently playing Dark Souls II, Diablo III: Reaper of Souls, The Longest Journey, Heretic, and Thief Gold. After them, who knows? I don't pre-plan my game playing much, so I'll just play whatever from my backlog jumps out at me when the time comes.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

DIABLO 3 GOT A HOLD OF ME AND I CANT SLEEP SEND HELP NEED LEGENDARIES

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#34 chaser324  Moderator

Finish FF XIII and move on to XIII-2. I'm sure the will be some Titanfall and indie stuff also thrown in there.

Soldarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've got all the trophies in Infamous Second Son and MGS Ground Zeroes. Not totally done with Ground Zeroes, playing a mission on hard every once in a while. I find just sneaking around the base so satisfying in that game.

I'm getting FF 14 on PS4 this month so probably a lot of that. I have so many 3DS games I've barely touched. Vacation the week of the 21st. Can't wait for just having a week off from work. Should go somewhere since I haven't done that in a while, but I usually just end up sitting around the house playing games.

Poonz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Poonz

- Continuing my Ironman Spelunky run which isn't really progressing

- I may buy Dongonrappa or some other Vita game as soon as I get done Bravely Default which I've slowed down with since getting past Chapter 4

- I'm almost at the end of my first season of MyCareer in NBA2k14 so when that's done I'll probably be almost done with that.

- I'll be finished Stick of Truth this weekend, no idea what I'm gonna play next on my 360.

- On the last Super Mario 3D World with my fiancee we just haven't had time to finish it.

I've been trying to decide between Infamous and Metal Gear Solid or just don't buy either and wait for Child of Light which looks amazing.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To keep playing Dynasty Warriors: XTREME LEGENDS!...on ps4.

Loading Video...

Cus obviously it's XTREME!!! I've seen some of the most ridiculous combos and weapons while playing this game.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

Not really sure, getting bored of Battlefield and Titanfall, and just finished South Park. Maybe I'll go back and finish Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#39  Edited By fattony12000

Go to Japan. See what they got over there.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dark Souls 2 will occupy the last few days of April.

Until then, I still have some 3DS and Vita games to play, currently hunting the shit out of some monsters in Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. Might try and finish the last story boss in Soul Sacrifice, or play more Persona 4 Golden NG+. I also have a recent Civ V game, Titanfall, and have been thinking about going back to Dark Souls for a bit with a Cestus run to warm up for DS2.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I'm playing Saints 4, Castlevania Lords of Shadow and I still have the end of the South Park game to finish.

Also playing Omerta: City of Gangsters. I just helped the World's Strongest Man Mark Henry defend his bar from the KKK. They showed up in robes with tommy guns. It was the best.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angouri said:

@sinusoidal said:

Oh man, enjoy the annoying jump in difficulty right at the end of 13-2. It made me quit because I didn't want to grind to beat the final boss.

Hmmm... I've been completing most of the side quests and have a good 75-80 percent of the fragments. Just from that, I've mastered three roles per character, and the other three are all level 50+; however, according to some guide I just looked at, I haven't exactly been using optimum leveling paths. You only get bonuses on large nodes, so you should level the roles with the stat bonuses that you want for each character on the large nodes. Basically I've missed out on a potentially large amount of strength and magic by not saving commando or ravager levels for the large nodes... The actual game never really explains any of this. Which is utter horseshit. I suppose my characters have more balanced stats anyway, but it would have been nice to know ahead of time how to min/max the important stats. Maybe I should have started with a guide...

How exactly bad is this difficulty spike?

Avatar image for singingmenstrual
SingingMenstrual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also playing Omerta: City of Gangsters. I just helped the World's Strongest Man Mark Henry defend his bar from the KKK. They showed up in robes with tommy guns. It was the best.

What is your degree of jank toleration?

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

I dunno man, whats coming out? Maybe I should finally get that PS4.

Good choice !

Loading Video...

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

April 25th.

Unplug PS4.

Plug DS4 into PC.

Enjoy Dark Souls 2 on the master platform for the master race.

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killerfridge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only just found out that Persona 3 FES came to the European PSN this year, so I'll probably just be playing through that. Think I might start A Link Between Worlds as well.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Yume Nikki, probably Saints Row The Third, maybe wrap up Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Still Fucking Stupid Name Remix.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

The only game coming out in april that slightly interests me is Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Other than that, I have a massive backlog to catch up on...

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16