What are your recent stand out mobile games?

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey duders, I have been enjoying Million Onion Hotel, Gun House and the ever present hearthstone lately but finding new games on mobile is always such a cluster fuck! What have yall been into lately? I'm on android.

RainbowWeasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They mentioned Capcom's Puzzle Fighter on the podcast a few months ago and all seemed to dismiss it fairly quickly. I'm not very familiar with the regular series of games, but I've been having a ton of fun with this one. I feel like there is some warranted concern with how leveling up each individual fighter appears though I have found it to be less of a problem than that same issue in Clash Royale.

estragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been playing a lot of Exploding Kittens. Not one for online mp, but i guess the limited chat helps. Card Thief and Solitarica also on top of the list. Occasional Neo Turf Masters as well.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Device 6

It’s not recent, but it’s the only mobile game that I’ve really enjoyed.

mattchops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"The Room" series of puzzle games is great.

thevole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@mattchops: cosign. They often make me feel dumb, but they make me enjoy feeling dumb. The new one is great.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

#8  Edited By audioBusting

I've been checking out games from Rich Gallup's GotY list lately, they're great recommendations. Data Wing in particular stood out to me for that good good cyber drifting.

Oh, I guess I'd be remiss not to mention Love Nikki, which somehow ended up being one of my top favourite games from last year. Worth checking out if you're into that kind of game, even though I have some reservations on it.

dagamdagee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dagamdagee

I'm pretty basic when it comes to mobile games. My go-to f2p games are Arena of Valor, Hearthstone and Clash Royale. While they are f2p, the developers have made strides to reduce the need to pump money into them (well Hearthstone is still kinda bad about that).

But for 'premium' games, I really like the Go games (Hitman, TR, Deus Ex). Can also vouch for The Room series. On top of that I really like XCOM Enemy Within and Shadowrun Returns/Dragonfall. If your phone can't handle XCOM, The Banner Saga is also available and is extremely good.

shinofkod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Puzzle Fighter is the only mobile game I bother with anymore. Very addicting.

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Florence was just released yesterday on iPhone and it’s utterly wonderful.

It’s a story-based game that is well suited for short play sessions. It plays well on the commute (though I’d say headphones are mandatory cause the music is part of the charm).

It might be not what you’re looking for if you want casual distractions. It’s more of a one playthrough kind of thing and is probably pretty short. That being said, I completely recommend it.

The android version is coming soon.

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Reigns, and its sequel. On sale at Steam right now but they are perhaps better suited for mobile as the controls are simply swiping left and right.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed7db3f7c897
deactivated-5ed7db3f7c897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Desert Golf