What Book, TV, or Movie IP would you be unable to resist?

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By htr10

What book, TV, or movie content, if turned into a video game, would you absolutely have to buy, most likely day 1, regardless of reviews or other feedback?

For Patrick, it's clearly Jurassic Park as he played through all 4 episodes of that Heavy Rain knock-off without stopping to question why.

For me, it would probably be Ender's Game, assuming of course it was story-driven and not just some faceless tactical game with the Ender's Game name slapped on it.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By N7

Ghost In The Shell. For what it's worth, it's already had one or two games(I think one) and I loved that to death. But without a doubt, another GITS game.

Ghost In The Shell is something I will never be able to hate, even as I have grown waaaaay past my anime stage. It's follows none of the anime tropes I can't stand and it's so focused on military wetwork and political struggles in the goddamn cyborg infested future that it doesn't have time to fall for the stupid comedy that anime does all the time "ZOMG U R A GIRL AND I AM A BOY WATER WE DOIN IN DIS HOTSRPING SWEATDROP". Fuck that, there's none of that here. I can't get enough of it. I've seen every episode, all of the movies, played the game. 

Aside from Metal Gear Solid, I don't think any other universe has managed to suck me in as much as Ghost In The Shell has. It's one of my favorite things in relative fiction terms, but obscure enough that I don't geek out about it to everyone or everything I see.

I want more. I want a lot more. And I don't care what it is. I just want it.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Video_Game_King

I can't really think of anything, mainly because transitioning between mediums has resulted in crap about 60% of the time.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MikkaQ

Hmm that's a tough one, not much is coming to mind exactly, anything I can think of is just unworkable as a game, and would be utter crap.

Give me an Oz game. An open-world prison sim with stealth game mechanics. Can't let the hacks see you shank your way to victory. Operate a tit slingin' empire, but don't let McManus see you or he'll force to you to learn to read, which would increase your "bitch" meter. Don't let it get too high or someone might be gunning for your asshole.

ventilaator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By ventilaator

I would still look at reviews to see if they did it right, but a Burn Notice game done correctly would be the greatest thing.

HisDudeness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HisDudeness

A Rockstar made Breaking Bad game

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By BoG

I think the closest I have to a "must have" franchise would be Metal Gear, but there are plenty of games in the series I haven't played. I think Mass Effect may become this franchise, though. I'm considering buying the books. That is just weird for me.

lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lockwoodx

I was able to resist Starcraft 2, so I'm pretty much immune to everything by this point.

mewstu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By mewstu

I would absolutely love a District9 game

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By butano

I guess the closest one for me would be anything with the Tom Clancy label. I just really enjoy his "somewhat realistic alternate future" games that may or may not be realistic at all.

dillonwerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By dillonwerner

Wheel of Time books could be turned into a pretty cool universe, and an Adventure Time RPG would be simply fantastic.

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By xMP44x

You could make a game like Mafia II into a novel, and I'd definitely be down for buying a copy of it. If a book adds a little more insight into a game's world then I'm sold on it from that moment on. A well written book based on a world I enjoyed being in, such as 2K Czech's 1940s and 1950s, would be my idea of heaven.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MideonNViscera

Well they did Transformers, Spider-Man, Batman, X-Men, and at least one of each franchise's games has been good. So I honestly have no fucking idea. The Authority? Sandman? Preacher? Swamp Thing? Those games would all probably suck.

Wait, DRAGONLANCE! Oh man, oh man, oh man, a triple A Dragonlance title would be so much better than any other RPG! I call Raistlin! Or Tas, or Tanis, or fuck it I want this game made!

(yeah I know there was an NES one and I downloaded the rom once and had no idea how to play haha)

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By FluxWaveZ

That would definitely be Inception for me.

Ctmskater75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ctmskater75

Boondock Saints. I would pre-order this the moment it was made available, no questions asked. I guess I would prefer it to be a Rockstar make.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By beforet

Count Of Monte Cristo.

They could make it work. Hell they could do it a number of ways.

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By WMWA

Hmmm...guess for books, I'd have to go with Stephen King's "The Shining". Lots of Eternal Darkness mind fuck stuff, little Clock Tower esque part at the end after Jack Nicholson goes nuts. For Television shows, The Wire. Developed by Bioware. All the intricate politicking in that show would make an awesome action RPG, no?

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18  Edited By I_smell

If they made a movie of Bionic Commando, I would have to watch that.
 Cos I know a Metal Gear or Mass Effect movie would be a dissapointment, but this would just be nutty.

EDIT-- OH! I would have to watch a movie of Brutal Legend.

XanderCrews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By XanderCrews

@HisDudeness said:

A Rockstar made Breaking Bad game

This.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Doctorchimp

Blade Runner game made by Rockstar or Starbreeze...

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#21  Edited By Commisar123

Witcher.....wait that happened......

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By DeF

Anything involving Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Dollhouse or Dr. Horrible (read: anything Joss Whedon related) under the condition that either voice talent and/or creative staff from the originals had to be involved as well!

HellBrendy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By HellBrendy

@I_smell: You know what, Brütal Legend needs to be a movie. Prefferably without Jack Black.

Think Lord of the Rings but with less rings and woods and more metal and sword moutains and dragon hills and pine trees with studs.

rawrnosaurous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By rawrnosaurous

I think I would really really really be all for a supernatural video game or a firefly game.

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25  Edited By danielkempster

The world and characters from Paul Hoffman's The Left Hand of God and The Last Four Things would be perfectly suited to a video game adaptation. Only problem is I can't imagine any way of doing it that wouldn't involve it basically just being a huge Assassin's Creed knock-off.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By BaneFireLord

A Discworld MMO developed by Blizzard. 
A Dresden Files game in the vein of LA Noire. 
A Codex Alera open world RPG made by Bethesda. 
A Truman Show Sims-style game.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By Dany

Breaking Bad sounds good...but there isn't a whole lot of action in it.

Song of Ice and Fire by Bioware, not the dragon age team, the mass effect team. You skip characters every hour or so and do something completely different.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By tim_the_corsair

A Wheel of Time RPG (the FPS was alright), a Dresden Files game, a Mistborn RPG, and an Eisenhorn anything would make me thrilled.

RockyHudson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By RockyHudson

There's no Intellectual Property, but there's certain games I would play if they had certain artists collaborating with them.

If Gaspar Noé, M83, Radiohead, - I don't want to list stuff out - ANY number of cool dudes I like had anything to do with it, I'd play it.

Eg. Tron Legacy and Daft Punk.

HisDudeness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By HisDudeness

@Dany said:

Breaking Bad sounds good...but there isn't a whole lot of action in it.

But it wouldn't need A LOT of action in it since the story is so awesome, and they could let you make different decisions than the ones Walt makes in the series, or switching perspectives and let you be Hank in D.E.A. missions that take place before the main story, like they did with the Warriors game. And obviously there would be a meth cooking minigame.

Patman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Patman99

@Doctorchimp said:

Blade Runner game made by Rockstar or Starbreeze...

This or a good single player Star Trek game a la KOTOR with some party management type mechanics made by good Bioware.

Kalgaras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Kalgaras

Stephen Kings Dark Towers made by Rockstar, just ignore red dead existed and you're golden

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ll_Exile_ll  Online

Stargate SG-1/Atlantis if it was done well.

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By WickedFather

Mass Effect Babies. Like Mass Effect (i.e. rubbish) but they're all babies. Krogan's armour would just be a big nappy that comes up to their chin and the ground would shake when they bashed their rattle on the floor. Jack would still have tattoos and a vile leather strap for clothes. Her breasts are still the same size as when she was a baby so it would save on remeshing costs. The Elusive Man's highchair would be delightful with his ever-present glass of milk and what looks like a cigarette - oh, it's just the handle of a wowwypop!

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#35  Edited By nintendoeats

@htr10 said:

assuming of course it was story-driven and not just some faceless tactical game with the Ender's Game name slapped on it.

Haven't you just invalidated the whole premise of this thread?

By the way, mine would be Tristram Shandy. That's a complete and total lie, but it's the truest thing that I could think to write.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By KaneRobot

Give us a good Masters of the Universe game goddammit.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TheHT

Trigun, Berserk and Cowboy Bebop. They've made games of the latter two but I was in no position to get them. I totally would though, especially the Berserk game. Trigun game got cancelled a long time ago.

If they came out with a game on those IPs nowadays on a console I have, it's fuckin on though. Most movies and TV shows I would've said they've made recent games of that weren't that appealing (i.e. Game of Thrones).

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By I_smell

Y'KNOW WHAT-- I would've actually bought that X-Men Destiny game if it was what I thought it was gonna be.
I thought it was gonna be some random create-a-character who does something mutant-ey and gets wrapped up in the Xavier school. And it'd be like an X-Men First Class story where you're always evolving. 

And not just some beat-em-up.

Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#39  Edited By Aronman789

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

A Wheel of Time RPG (the FPS was alright), a Dresden Files game, a Mistborn RPG, and an Eisenhorn anything would make me thrilled.

A Mass-Effect-type RPG based around the Inquisition would be amazing, going around recruiting soldiers, assassins, gangers, mutants, and cultists to help you out on your fight against Chaos. Though I'm not sure about it being straight up Eisenhorn, since there's always the chance of messing up the character.

Also give me a Gorkamorka racing game, a Rogue Trader space-sim, a Necromunda strategy game, and a lone Imperial Guardsmen horror game while you're at it.