What did you guys learn from the two next-gen streams?

• 107 results
HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By HH

there's still nothing good about the kinect

i still want to play ryse

x1 menus look like a complete pain in the ass, and a deal-breaker even if the extra dough for the stupid kinect hadn't taken care of that months ago

waiting a year to get a ps4 seems like the best thing to do regardless

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Also, I can't believe Jeff paid $49.99 for Angry Birds. It costs like $1 on mobile devices...

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

That Microsoft loves microtransactions and EA is still a horrible developer.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That Microsoft loves microtransactions and EA is still a horrible developer.

I was just thinking about this.. wasn't Sim City out this year too ? With BF4, NBA Live and Sim City that's pretty much 3 of their biggest titles this year being complete flubs.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By RonGalaxy

What Im getting out of it is both seem competent, but not without their issues. The Xbox seems like it's attempting interesting things, but most of those things dont work too great, and they have to for me to care. The ps4 is reallly bare bones as it stands, but that will definitely change over time

But, to be honest, Ill probably end up going for the ps4. Why? I like sony exclusives; I've liked them since the ps1 was released. I like Naughty dog, Media Molecule, Quantic Dream, Sony Santa Monica, Studio Japan, Sucker Punch, etc. Thats going to be the main difference between these two consoles. Going by history, I will probably like what sony has to offer more. Im not making a purchasing decision until e3, but Ill admit the ps4 is more appealing to me at this point. And Im not going to buy both. They will, mainly, play the same games and have the same library of available games. So a few exclusives don't really justify dropping that much money on both

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• That I will get a Wii-U before any other console.
  • The Kinect registers lamps as people.
  • Call of Duty looks like shit.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By HH

oh yeah, and that micro-transactions give me the fear

Avatar image for disabilityfishy
DisAbiLityFisHy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coafi said:
Loading Video...

The Xbox One does indeed open a portal to hell.

Have never laughed so hard during a stream.

Shortbreadtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Call of Duty is the least next gen next gen game ever, that microtransactions are going to be everywhere and I don't know if I care

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#60  Edited By LackingSaint

Zoo Tycoon is awesome

EternalVigil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By EternalVigil

Both consoles have a lot of early jank to them and Microsoft somehow managed to make UI navigation and parties worse than the 360.

I'm really glad I decided to wait now.

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I learned it's gonna be a rooooooooough year or so for games until these consoles get into their groove.

happenstance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I learnt that I'm happy I stuck with my Playstation 4 preorder instead of considering an Xbox One. I really dont like the UI design and it feels a whole lot more rushed to market than the PS4 does.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I learned that I was right already.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Both Sony and Microsoft have a lot of work to do.

SweeneyTodd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I realized I'll be playing the 360 back catalog for a couple years, is what I realized. I didn't see anything I wanted very badly.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS4 stream - That I like the UI, which isn't named XMB. I forget the name, and the game look hella nice and clean, even Knack.

Xbone stream - That my glasses cannot handle that much facepalming, I should consider lenses.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

Kind of tripping me out a little, seeing as some are thinking like me, in this thread. I want a goddamn Wii U.

korolev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

I learned that I'm not going to buy either until they have enough exclusive games to justify the purchase of either of them. I am also somewhat disappointed.

angouri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm torn: funky barn or zoo tycoon?

I was more bummed that Tearaway wasn't dropped as something better than this launch nonsense (it is). Booo capture problems. In terms of the launch systems, they work. They both lack games (AC4 is a short list....) and I'm really curious about the 2014 first party games (sunset overdrive and infamous have piqued my interest).

Avatar image for detectivespecial
DetectiveSpecial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By DetectiveSpecial

I learned that, even with a year old 660 ti, I would rather stick with PC for the time being.

DrStrangepork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I learned there was little from either system to get me excited, the Wii U should be my next console purchased and beep beep.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@coafi said:
Loading Video...

Have never laughed so hard during a stream.

I feel pretty dumb because as funny as it was I still don't quite understand what happened there.

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinusoidal: I'm with you on that, I feel confident from what I've seen that I made a good decision to wait before buying one of these new consoles.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Darji

The whole Xbox one system is a total mess in terms of UI and kinect. Who approved this?

Also Zoo Tycoon is the best launch game without much competition^^

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#76  Edited By Kidavenger

The only games that made me consider a xbox; Forza 5, Ryse and Zoo Tycoon, all showed poorly, I was kind of wondering if I'd get one last minute but I'm firmly in the may never get one camp now. The fitness app is the most interesting thing on xbox at this point and I can't really see myself going in for that alone. PS4 didn't do much better, but I had already bought mine and I'm happy with it.

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I learned that they both seem like solid pieces of hardware that I won't have any issues buying when they each have 2-3 games I'd like to play exclusively on them.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I learned that a lot of people hate almost everything.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I learned that sadly there are no games I want to play on PS4 currently. At least there's Forza 5 on Xone. Both systems look like great foundations for this gen. Can't wait to see some devs really tap into all the new power. UI on the one is confusing at first, but the more you fuck with it the easier things get and you start to see what they were going for. Pretty fun so far actually. Neeed games though.....and cross system chat (one to 360, where a ton of my friends are still).

CrimsonAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I learned that neither system looks remotely interesting. I bought a PS3 so I could play PS2 and PS3 games. Unfortunately Sony's advertising was misleading and the one I bought couldn't play PS2 games. I was hoping the PS4 would correct that and have full backwards compatibility. Full backwards compatibility is definitely possible and should be included all for under $400. If emulators exist then Sony and Microsoft could definitely have found a way to include backwards compatibility. It's just sheer laziness that neither decide to include it.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That my gaming pc blew up towards the end of the stream. But there is nothing really that the consoles make me wish I had. That Zelda QL on the other hand really caught my eye.

So what I learned was today I will be pulling/inserting my 2 video cards and actually hoping that I will come to some maybe expensive solution, and I will be listening for some months more how the consoles are panning out. Seems to be some disc drive issues w/the X-box. Sure is pretty looking though, and it sort of had I think, potential.

deanoxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That for me at least the PS4 was the right choice over the xbone, i will wait until they announce a exclusive i must play before even considering buying one. And unlike a lot of people titianfall doesn't really interest me .

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#83  Edited By kerse

I learned that I am probably still gonna get the ps4, but its a good thing I'm waiting none of those games interested me all that much.

StingingVelvet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#84  Edited By StingingVelvet

I learned the Xbox One interface is going to really annoy me.

I learned Dead Rising 3 is awesome, which is unfortunate because I can't play it for a while.

I learned no matter how awesome PC and mobile get nothing is going to replace consoles for the vast majority of people.

roboculus92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coafi said:
Loading Video...

Oh man that is fucking amazing!

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By geirr

I learned like many others that the WiiU is an awesome console, in fact it seems like the only console considering everything else is underwhelming gimped computers in a box, and that my super powerful PC will be fine without the ability to snap.

I'm sure I will however eat these words in a year, like with the WiiU, when these newer consoles have a decent game or three.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I learned that I can't watch more then 3 hours of video on my PC.

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By thatdutchguy

@coafi said:
Loading Video...

OMG YES !!!!!

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That the only game worth playing on either of these consoles is a zoo management simulator. Oh, and that Microsoft really actually does like money a whole lot. So much so that they're willing to sacrifice the creative integrity of their games just to ask "hey, would you like to give us a few bucks and not play this game?"

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I learned that the bombcrew are sorcerers who can open the aforementioned portal to hell. Also, I was right to not get a new console, because both of their interfaces seem kinda bad right now. Also, super disappointed about all the features that are missing from each out of the box. If Sony and MS were both gonna release incomplete systems, they both should have waited another few months.

BoatDrinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never thought I would say this, but what I learned is that I kind of want a WiiU. Also, when the time comes for me to buy a next gen console, and one is $100 more than the other while doing basically the same thing, and while having better hardware specs, I will buy the cheaper one.

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I learned that i could go for an 8 hour Giantbomb livesream every Friday. Also I remember how much i love Kinect quicklook shenanigans.

Loafsmooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I learned about 50 BUCKS!!!!!!!!

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Taht them both came way too early ... this should´ve come out next year with better UI´s , more real next gen games etc.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zoo Tycoon is the best launch tittle.

chroipahtz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where's the internet?

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That the Xbox One just seems entirely lackluster to me. The PS4 didn't blow me out of the water, but I know there will be exclusives I want on it so I'll buy one eventually.

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I learned that I made the right choice (for me) in going with a PS4, but that Zoo Tycoon looks pretty dope.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#99  Edited By Slag

I also learned that XBONE is the nextgen Fitness machine of choice.

meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

That both consoles are pretty sweet upgrades to the old ones. And that the kinect is still dumb and will never not be dumb.