What do people think of Shadows of the Damned?

Yeloow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Edited By Yeloow

A lot of people are bitching about the game being generic but as far as I'm concerned I actually thought it was really awesome, it merged this atmosphere of Dante's Inferno (you are in hell so..) and gameplay similar to Dead Space. It was actually pretty ambitious in a way, I don't see people calling Dead Space 2 generic or garbage but hey everyone has a opinion. So I would actually really want to know your opinion people of giant boob, I mean giant bomb my bad. Jokes aside if you haven't seen it click below for the gameplay trailer. 

Yeloow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Yeloow

A lot of people are bitching about the game being generic but as far as I'm concerned I actually thought it was really awesome, it merged this atmosphere of Dante's Inferno (you are in hell so..) and gameplay similar to Dead Space. It was actually pretty ambitious in a way, I don't see people calling Dead Space 2 generic or garbage but hey everyone has a opinion. So I would actually really want to know your opinion people of giant boob, I mean giant bomb my bad. Jokes aside if you haven't seen it click below for the gameplay trailer. 

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#2  Edited By Icemael

I think it looks sweet. Like a current-gen Resident Evil 4 (and I consider that game's Wii version the best third-person shooter ever made) with demons instead of infected.

yoctoyotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By yoctoyotta

I whole-heartedly subscribe to Suda51s brand of crazy and I've enjoyed enough of Shinji Mikami's game's to have high hopes. Looked like there was some unique weapons in the trailer, my fingers are crossed this has a great story to back up what should probably be acceptable-at-minimum gameplay.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By Claude
@Icemael said:
" I think it looks sweet. Like a current-gen Resident Evil 4 (and I consider that game's Wii version the best third-person shooter ever made) with demons instead of infected. "
I agree. I'm curious about Move support. One of the reasons I want a PS3 and Move is to play RE5 with Motion controls. After RE4, I couldn't go back.
phatjayunoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By phatjayunoi

I hope that with the dream team collaboration on this game, it will work out very well. 

I mean afterall, you have Shinji Mikami, the man known for creating the Resident Evil franchise, and because of Resident Evil 4, many Third-Person-Shooter games these days owe alot to it because of the off-shift over-the-shoulder camera style which is now prevalant. (Even Cliff Bleszinski of Gears of War recognises this.)

You have Suda51, so you know that there will be some crazy game elements to mix in with Mikami's horror. 

And then there is Akira Yamaoka, known for the creepy soundtrack of the Silent Hill games.
mr_faraday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By mr_faraday

I get a kind of Evil Dead 2/Army of Darkness vibe from it and im loving it.

Zippedbinders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By Zippedbinders

I'm pretty stoked for it myself. Admittedly its because I'm a fan of Suda, Yamaoka and Mikami, but for good reason, their games either revolutionize genres or create new ones. I honestly can't wait for more gameplay and information, this news and Asura pretty much made my day. 

Interesting to note though, Mikami, being the creator of Resident Evil, is working with Yamaoka, who is one of the leading talents behind Silent Hill, on a horror game. Wonders never cease.

Cornman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Cornman89

Didn't impress me at all but it's the first trailer of several I assume. We'll see.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By zeforgotten

It's a cool trailer. 
Looks alright, but let's wait and see

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

DAMMD

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By mylifeforAiur

Looks awesomely awesome!

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By shirogane

Game interests me, but that trailer wasn't too great. We shall see how the final game is huh?