Call of Duty isnt going well

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

If I'm not doing multiplayer with friends I usually play something without story that's re-playable: Enter the Gungeon, Binding of Issac, Hotline Miami, Luftrausers. Or a platformer like Mario or Every body loves Rayman. I usually want to listen to music or podcasts when drunk and gaming so Rogue-lites work well. Rocket League is about the only online multiplayer I fuck with alone drunk.

Bonbonetti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Bonbonetti

Usually a slow-paced strategy game, such as Endless Space 2, Jurassic World Evolution, Hearts of Iron 4, and similar. The drink makes me "sink into" the game in a fine way, it's like my brain finds a special wavelength to tune in to.

Sometimes I play old-school action games like Earth Defense Force, Just Cause, and Dead Rising.

One genre I definitely avoid is racing/driving games. I've tried playing Euro Truck Simulator 2 while slightly drunk and always end up crashing somehow. Also, nothing with a deep storyline, I've actually managed to fall asleep whilst playing those games.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

Nothing. I drink, on occasion, but I’ve never once had the urge to mix drinking and video games.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

If I'm struggling in a Soulsbourne game I sometimes calm down with some whisky. Depending on the amount I might do really well or not so well..

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Smash Bros. Great while having a couple drinks with friends, but if I go online I immediately lose my elite smash ranking. The Sims can also be good fun while drinking. A lot of fun having a couple drunks make decisions for these virtual people.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FrodoBaggins

I use to have this sweet spot where I'd actually play online shooters better after about 2 or 2 beers. Raised my senses somehow lol. Anymore than that though and things went south quickly. I imagine playing something like Gone Home or Edith Finch whilst having a steady whisky or 2 would be good.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Everything, but most specifically MLB The Show's Diamond Dynasty, Apex Legends and currently Death Stranding. But it's not often I've got a controller in my hands without a drink of some kind on the end table.

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Driving games. But seriously, I usually just play whatever I've been playing. I guess sometimes I might play some online FPS game, but that's rare. When I use to smoke weed I would only play certain types of games though. Usually games that required very little thinking lol. I would get turned around in seconds even in the simplest games. I remember always enjoying Diablo 3.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Pezen

A lot of games recquire too much attention so tipsy/drunk just doesn’t work. But I like a beer/whisky along with Yakuza/Judgement. And while my performance is lacking after a while it is initially pretty good, I am a lot more relaxed in CoD or R6 while having a drink and I become a lot more communicative.

mrangryface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Thanks everyone. I tried some heroes of the storm last night and thought it went great but then someone was complaining about how slow we finished the match- so maybe not a great performance

saispag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slay the Spire is a good one

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I play my life, because life is a game.

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

drinking is for TV, marijuana is for videogames. And the herb goes well with all games, but story heavy stuff in particular, helps me suspend disbelief and enjoy concepts despite bad writing.

geebee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By geebee

I do a lot better in Modern Warfare after a couple of beers. But couple hours later and my reaction time really goes downhill.

I don't condone drinking and driving. However, playing a chill game like Tokyo Bus Guide or Spin Tires with a drink is a fun way to relax.

Lajiaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Morrowind.

Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

i've been playing Halo Reach on PC, it's fun.

miser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I second Halo Reach, it's a blast even when losing especially in 8v8 matches.

sakesushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By sakesushi

I like to mix myself a quick cocktail with any game I'm playing, but I can't drink to drunkenness without getting super sick and headachey these days. More to the spirit of the question would probly be Smash Bros. Melee, some great drunken college brawls at the time! My current jam is Stardew Valley - super chill when you get into a groove - but recently, sipping along to Outer Wilds and fittingly? depressingly? Disco Elysium were a nice experience.

Pooch516

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Pooch516

Apex Legends is the first game in a while that all of my friends have been into, so playing that online is fun. The pace works pretty well for drinking while looting/waiting for the next game.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Overwatch is stupid fun with a bit of booze thrown in, colourful, loud, you can taunt and dance.

yourbrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like to pair my drink with the game. Lately it's been gin on the rocks for Yakuza and Judgment (I hate whiskey, love gin), an IPA with Stardew Valley, and some sort of rum concoction with my 2064 Read Only Memories play through.

I agree a couple of beer can be fun with online games too.