What do you tell folks when they ask what Giant Bomb is?

#1 Posted by NicksGreen (18 posts) -

I am constantly asked what Giant Bomb is because of the merch I regularly wear. What do you say when people ask you what you're watching or what you're wearing?

I generally say it's just a website I like, or "It's a website about video games."

#2 Posted by Aegon (7318 posts) -

A shadow of what it once was.

#3 Posted by liquiddragon (3553 posts) -
#4 Posted by BonelessSpirit (53 posts) -

I've answered with ”its a website about video games” multiple times lol.

#5 Posted by frytup (1364 posts) -

@aegon: Existence is impermanent and we're all doomed.

#6 Posted by jagerxbomb (44 posts) -

I tell people it's a website about energy drinks that sometimes talks about wrestling

#7 Posted by clagnaught (2151 posts) -

The only time somebody acknowledged a Giant Bomb thing I had, it was when a friend of mine told his wife "That's the guy who got married at the Taco Bell" (I was wearing the This Is The Run shirt).

If it comes up during conversation, it's like "There's this website I like called Giant Bomb, and they did..." whatever.

#8 Posted by htr10 (1076 posts) -

I tell people it is a bunch of guys about my age (which is no longer true I guess) and they talk about video games and other things and they are entertaining and funny and shut your face and go back to work, I don’t answer to you.

Avatar image for delrueofdetroit
#9 Posted by delrueofdetroit (87 posts) -

Twitch for old people.

#10 Posted by TopCat88 (380 posts) -

@htr10: They were about your age, but now they're not???

Are you a dog? :p

I've never been asked what Giant Bomb is, so I don't have an answer.

#11 Posted by kronixi (37 posts) -

Brad Shoemaker

#12 Posted by TheHT (15889 posts) -

a san francisco art initiative led by a rapper

#13 Posted by MerxWorx01 (892 posts) -

When I wear a Giant Bomb shirt in public I just say it's an Entertainment website. I don't really mention the video games part unless pressed.

#14 Posted by Sombre (510 posts) -

Nobody has ever asked me what giant bomb is

#15 Posted by someoneproud (668 posts) -

A website where a lot of old dudes make jokes and talk shit.

With wrestling... and... umm... food!

#16 Posted by Toxin066 (3550 posts) -

I've answered with ”its a website about video games” multiple times lol.

Came here for this answer. High five

#17 Posted by MonkeyKing1969 (7685 posts) -

My mom asked, "What are you listening to." [BTW: she listens to one podcast herself (Sawbones) and I have told here 1000x that I'm listening to podcasts]. I tell her the same thing, "It's about playing videos games and about what videos games are and what they mean."

She doesn't know what that means even after years of me saying what ist means in detail. I figured out it is just her way of saying, "Whatch' doin'?" to start a meaningful conversation about ANYTHING. So, I say that about game games, but then I switch to something we can both talk about. Funny thing is haveing that skill to be 'present with people' does not just work with moms and dad, it can works with attractive people you like, people who need your friendship, etc. BE PRESENT WITH PEOPLE.

[Adult Wisdom] Sometimes people don't actually want to know what Giant Bomb is, what it means, how video games media works - they JUST want to talk to you.

#18 Posted by Rigas (857 posts) -

It's about wrastling, food, DIY, books bound in human skin/ brain parasites, rap, and sometimes video games.

#19 Posted by jamesyfx (161 posts) -

Gaming site. [no reaction]

...The blinking white guy meme guy used to work for em. [sudden interest!]

#21 Posted by Rejizzle (1147 posts) -

I immediately bring up the first episode of the Persona 4 Endurance Run up on my phone, then force the questioner watch the entire series a la A Clockwork Orange.

#22 Edited by BoboBones (291 posts) -

I showed my Uncle UPF since. he didn’t understand what it was, and he said - “So, it’s like reality TV.” Then he walked away .

#23 Posted by Heidegger (101 posts) -

@nicksgreen: Giant Bomb is a video-game debate forum with slow pacing and thoughtful posters. Recommended for more mature gamers and those who enjoy detailed open discussion.

I've heard it has other stuff too but I never looked.

#24 Posted by JStaunton (496 posts) -

@topcat88: the crew got quite a bit younger in the last couple of years ;)

#25 Posted by FLStyle (6722 posts) -
Loading Video...

#26 Posted by Asmo917 (840 posts) -

"It's a cult."

#27 Posted by MeierTheRed (5990 posts) -

@sombre said:

Nobody has ever asked me what giant bomb is

I will echo this.

#28 Edited by inevpatoria (7487 posts) -

"Okay. So. Think of a bomb. Got it? Now bigger."

#29 Posted by berfunkle (196 posts) -

I'm old. I have to explain Giant Bomb to my peers.

Actually, can anyone imagine Giant Bomb in 10 years? Brad, Jeff, Rorie, Jason and Vinny will be pushing or over 50 for God's sake!

#30 Edited by Ravelle (3337 posts) -

I ordered the Giant Bomb @Nite mug and I told me parents it from a website about videogames I'm part of for about 10 years and it's a collectors item.

Other than that I don't really bring it up for that reason, I'm also not introducing it to people because recommending something personality based is hard enough, let alone recommending and explaining what Giant Bomb is and does.

I'm fine with just me enjoying my time here.

Sometimes my mom walks in and sees me watching a Quick Look or a stream and thinks I'm playing a video game, the concept of a podcast is pretty unknown to them which on its own was a rough thing to explain.

#31 Edited by miser (98 posts) -

"It's a personality-based website about video games. They don't do the typical video game reporting of most sites. The content feels very genuine."

#32 Posted by Rebel_Scum (1446 posts) -

Well if anybody ever asked me I would tell them it is a website devoted to naked cartoon pussy.

#33 Posted by Shindig (4984 posts) -

It's a website. About videogames.

#34 Posted by Quantris (1326 posts) -

A website about video games and wrestling

#35 Posted by fauxical (81 posts) -

I bought the Old Games shirt from the GB store a few weeks ago and finally wore it and a friend was asking at lunch what it was and I basically just boiled down to him what Giant Bomb does.

#36 Posted by Haz (434 posts) -

I say it’s a website about video games and people generally reply back saying ‘okay’.

#37 Posted by Onemanarmyy (4582 posts) -

Definitly not a site where i'm learning to construct my own bombs...

#38 Posted by zombiepenguin9 (782 posts) -

It's a website that makes personality driven videos and podcasts about video games and the industry and culture surrounding them.

#39 Edited by TopCat88 (380 posts) -

@jstaunton: I guess that's true for average age of the group. I was thinking of the original crew :P