What do you think is needed for a Pro-gaming T.V. show?

Cherrypopp1ns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Cherrypopp1ns

Hey guys, I've been thinking a lot about this. What do you think is needed for a Pro-gaming T.V. show? What game? What Console? What kind of show? What rules? What prizes? ect.

Cherrypopp1ns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Cherrypopp1ns

Q.Q

Spiritof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 27

#3  Edited By Spiritof

We're probably many moons away from it, but for me to get involved in watching a gaming tournament involves either actually being in it or being able to watch it live. Not live via television, live via the platform, in game. Too watch passively thru a television set does absolutely nothing for me.

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By weltal

I don't think one is needed at all. I can play video game if I really want to and I can watch other people play video games if I'm really lazy, but I don't see my self watching a TV show the focuses on people playing video games.

whyzenheimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By whyzenheimer

A South Korean audience?

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Jayge_

There are too many retarded MLG-lovers as it is. "pro" gaming is just another word for white-washed tactics, watching what is essentially the same match every time, and people getting credit for things anybody could do. We don't need more of it.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jayge_

He's done it in every single post he's made today, at least.

CactusWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By CactusWolf

That doesn't make it nice.

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Absurd
Jayge said:
"There are too many retarded MLG-lovers as it is. "pro" gaming is just another word for white-washed tactics, watching what is essentially the same match every time, and people getting credit for things anybody could do. We don't need more of it."

Uh the same match every time, You are wrong, Unless you're talking about competitive console gaming.
Cherrypopp1ns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Cherrypopp1ns

Even competitve console gaming is not what you say. I have seen crazy 180 no scopes in halo 2. That almost never happens...ever. I have watched the MLG on spike and it was pretty good, the only problem was it was on at 10 am in the morning. WAYYYY to early for anyone who is a gamer. I was hoping to see something along the lines as a nation wide search for the best gamer/gaming team. 

Go to a bunch of places, hold small lan tournys and then the top 5 or so winners from each moves on to the next round. Then i was thinking that near the finals everyone gets taken out of their teams ( like 20 or so people for a 5v5 game or a 4v4 game) and start having FFA's. The winners would have immunity and be the "team capt" and either pick the best or worst players on their teams in efforts of getting them kicked out of the competition. I think that would be compelling along the lines of survivor, American idol, and MLG. Add all three and you have what i believe will catalyst Gaming into a major sport. 

SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By SSbabel

Money lots and lots of money.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By OmegaPirate

A barrell roll

Giantkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Giantkitty

Bring back Starcade. Alex Trebek was actually a pilot host, but gosh oh gee, he was thought of as being too formal

What is a bad choice for hosting Starcade?
What is a bad choice for hosting Starcade?
Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx

Tits, lots of em.
Some LoLCATS, and they should only focuse on the PS3

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15  Edited By Vaxadrin

They need sexy gamers who are easy on the eyes.

Lemegeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By Lemegeton

first and foremost for any video game t.v. show. hire fucking gamers. do not hire z-list celebrities who try to act like they give a shit and no hyper retards who try to be cool . people in the UK who witnessed the steaming pile of horseshit "Gamesville" know exactly the type of retards i am referring to

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17  Edited By kush

Nothing...at least right now I don't think a pro gaming show could have much of a chance. Though they should only focus on the more popular, main stream games...games that even non-gamers have heard of...GTAIV, Halo 3 etc...not CS, DOA4 etc.

Cherrypopp1ns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Cherrypopp1ns

agreed. I feel that it needs to be a team game focused on a single best player. I would say TF2, but that does not have a ffa. I am thinking it has to be some fasted pace FPS, or maybe even warhammer. But idk about that one.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jayge_
Absurd said:
"Jayge said:
"There are too many retarded MLG-lovers as it is. "pro" gaming is just another word for white-washed tactics, watching what is essentially the same match every time, and people getting credit for things anybody could do. We don't need more of it."

Uh the same match every time, You are wrong, Unless you're talking about competitive console gaming."
Cherrypopp1ns said:
"

Even competitve console gaming is not what you say. I have seen crazy 180 no scopes in halo 2. That almost never happens...ever. I have watched the MLG on spike and it was pretty good, the only problem was it was on at 10 am in the morning. WAYYYY to early for anyone who is a gamer. I was hoping to see something along the lines as a nation wide search for the best gamer/gaming team. 

Go to a bunch of places, hold small lan tournys and then the top 5 or so winners from each moves on to the next round. Then i was thinking that near the finals everyone gets taken out of their teams ( like 20 or so people for a 5v5 game or a 4v4 game) and start having FFA's. The winners would have immunity and be the "team capt" and either pick the best or worst players on their teams in efforts of getting them kicked out of the competition. I think that would be compelling along the lines of survivor, American idol, and MLG. Add all three and you have what i believe will catalyst Gaming into a major sport. 

"
I'm talking about both Console and PC. There is nothing special about any match you'll see in MLG, besides the fact that it's on TV and the people playing are usually tools.

Anyway, for a good show? It would need to be streamed, which means probably not on TV. It would also need commentary overlay (audio), and a small score HUD showing details and stats on the side. The rest of the screen should be controlled by the watcher, not necessarily with free-flying cameras, but there should be a bunch of spectator cameras placed throughout the map for spectators to choose. That would be interesting.
Cherrypopp1ns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Cherrypopp1ns

Also thinking about the new crysis multipayer. Idk about a left 4 dead game, i feel that would not be competative at all. UT3 which was really awesome, but no one was playing. We have Huxley coming up which looks really awesome. That adds a social element since it is an MMOFPS.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DualReaver
Cherrypopp1ns said:
"Also thinking about the new crysis multipayer. Idk about a left 4 dead game, i feel that would not be competative at all. UT3 which was really awesome, but no one was playing. We have Huxley coming up which looks really awesome. That adds a social element since it is an MMOFPS."
We also have UT2k4.
Cherrypopp1ns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Cherrypopp1ns

That would be interesting. But I do not think you are giving MLG enough cred. Many of those gamers are highly skilled and yes anyone can do it, if they were as skilled as these people are/were.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Systech

They should make it so it isn't about games. I could care less about watching someone play a video game .

Cherrypopp1ns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Cherrypopp1ns

well the point is to make it like football. About watching strat before your eyes. Just like footbal, one can imply that people once said "why would i want to watch a bunch of guys play catch?". Now look at football. I just think people need to look past its shell and realize its potential. Watching a bunch of people shoot around aimlessly is one thing, but watching a team organize and use different strats really could make it interesting to a wide audience imo.