What do you think is the most overrated game?

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By Ryax
@captjim said:
" @Ryax said:
" @captjim said:
" world of warcraft. fun for a month, then there was less and less new stuff and more grinding. gave up about 3 months in once i hit 40 and realized it was all a grind and i would probably be having more fun on an assembly line "
you gave up at 40?! trust me it gets better once you get to end game.  "
then the game's a failure in my eyes. if i pay full price for a game, then pay additionally every goddamned month to play it, then it had better be fun from the get-go. i shouldn't have to slog through 60 (or 70 or 80 or whatever the level cap is now...i was playing the game at launch so i don't know) levels to get through the chores and finally get to the fun part. the whole game should be the fun part. i don't want to pay to do chores and grumble for months about how it has to get better soon. "
when cataclysm comes out the lvling system will be 100% more fun. they are taking most of the grind out. but i dont blame you for quitting. i quick in vanilla also. couldnt stand the grind then i came back and just pushed through
tumes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By tumes

I was old enough to play them the first time, but for whatever reason I never gained much of a deep appreciation for Ocarina or FF VII. They are great games and they laid a very important foundation, but I just can't bring myself to feel as strongly as a lot of other people do about them. Same for the Modern Warfare franchise. It's a lot of fun and reasonably addictive, but I feel as much affection for MW as I would a popcorn movie.

captjim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By captjim
@Ryax:  may actually try again in cataclysm. i did come back for a month in 2008 - they were getting ready for the lich king expansion i think, and doing all this wild stuff. i remember there was plague infested grain in cities and if you clicked it you turned into a zombie who could infect npcs and other players. it didn't matter what level they were - they'd get infected in one hit and from there it was a matter of time til they were zombies. so everyone was essentially on the same level (except for killing zombies at a distance) and it was just chaotic and fun trying to survive, failing, and infecting people. of course, people bitched and moaned, so it didn't last longer than a couple of weeks or so and blizzard pulled the plug on it.
M_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By M_33

Red Dead Redemption. It didn't keep my attention very long at all, which is dissapointing considering I pre-ordered it and was in complete hype mode since the first gameplay trailer. 

Tasus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#55  Edited By Tasus

Crysis

haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By haggis

A recent overrated game? Red Dead Redemption would have to get my vote. A decent game with serious flaws in gameplay that everyone seemed to gloss over.

People tend to misunderstand "overrated," though. It doesn't mean the game is bad, just that it's not as good as everyone says it is.

DaemonicGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By DaemonicGrim

thumb wars.

EvilMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By EvilMuffin

Most recently, for me, Starcraft II.
*ducks and runs*

CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By CaptainObvious

I find this picture to be somehow revelant. 
I find this picture to be somehow revelant. 
And because I'm a pretender to the title this year, I say Mass Effect 1. The only well done thing in that game is the story, which is not that great to begin with.
puercoperro335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By puercoperro335
@Goldanas said:
" @Burns098356GX said:
" Halo. The whole series. I dont know why its so popular. The enemies and stuff just look silly to me. "
I'd say the first Halo probably didn't deserve the success that it did, but it was a decent game. It was baffling to me that the game was getting 10s across the board everywhere. This was actually the beginning of the TOTAL GLOBAL PERFECT SCORE SATURATION. This doesn't mean that it wasn't a pretty decent game. There was definitely some fun to be had.  The next two were definitely over-rated. There was no reason to give those games above a 7 at best, much less perfect 10s, everywhere. "
I agree with you on Halo, I don't recall any reviewers mentioning the level design in any of the Halo games. I always thought they were atrocious, in the first Halo I kept getting lost because most of the hallways looked so similar and it got boring walking around only to finally stumble on some bodies and realize I am backtracking. When I went back and played Halo 3 on Legendary, I encountered the same problem on the level Cortana. The level was just too confusing and I couldn't tell if I was backtracking or heading in the right direction at some points.
Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Azteck

How did I know that someone would say Halo?

Seriously, why do we need these threads? They never, ever lead to anything good. Close it down before all hell breaks loose.