Avatar image for divinekataroshie
DivineKataroshie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

hello everyone !

So, as in the title, what do you guys like to use to organize your wish list/backlog/Game Library ?

I currently tried https://howlongtobeat.com/ and https://www.grouvee.com/ [using official giantbomb API] to get games from all consoles and platforms in one place :)

[Yes. I didn't need any of that until I turned 20 and It's more difficult to get some free time on my hands. Time to prioritize !]

But maybe you guys have some other favorite websites/tools for that ? :D

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I don’t. My physical games are stacked up in a closet and my digital games are at the whim of platform holders as I’ll never have the time to sit down and chronical things.

I do wish the platform holders did a better job with wishlists, sorting, and grouping, though.

On Xbox, there’s some okay grouping and sorting, and Steam has wishlists.

I’d love to be able to group by local co-op, online co-op, single player, time to beat, etc. Custom lists would be good, too. It’d help me find games to play based on what’s going on in my life.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just got a new bookshelf that'll make it easier to look at my backlog and take out whatever looks appealing. Usually they're stacked though, and I don't need to worry about digital games considering almost all of my backlog is on one system.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A spreadsheet. I've split the list into two now: Purchased and owned. The former gets priority.

elyhaym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've enjoyed using keeptrackofmygames.com.

StrawHat_NPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I play nearly everything on PS4 so I have folders for games I want to beat and then folders for Sports, racing, local co-op etc.

MattGiersoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By MattGiersoni

Google docs, that's it. I just have 1 document called "Games". I have a list of games I've yet to play and then below I have a list of games I completed along with a date. The latter part is just out of curiosity. Every year I always wanted to check how many games I have beaten and finally I've started monitoring that this year.

For wishlists I just use the features available on different platforms, so steam wishlist, PSN wishlist (in the pc browser) etc.

Don't use anything for organizing my game library since I'm 90% digital, I can just search/check what I have almost instantly.

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

MyGameCollection App on android. It pulls alot of metadata from howlong to beat and you can sort using pretty much any of them

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#10 gamer_152  Moderator

Dump it all in a big pile? When I want to play something new, I look through my physical collection of games and what I have in my Steam library. Sometimes I'll also reference How Long to Beat when considering whether I want to play something or not. I don't even really think of my unplayed games as a "backlog" because I think considering them a mandatory job I have to work through would suck some of the fun out of it. I either play what I want when I want or I play the games I want to write about. A more carefree attitude has kept it relatively stress-free for me.

kuku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tag games in my steam library, so I can filter finished games. I don't have any console, so it's much easier to manage.

mgalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like The Backloggery a fair amount, it’s pretty customizable with how you wanna organize stuff. Admittedly though, I’d really love something with a mobile app (however, Backloggery’s mobile site is totally serviceable).