What do you want out of next-gen?

• 65 results
Moderp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think someone said it earlier in this thread but, draw distances. Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild spoiled me. That game developed an exponential amount of mystique and genuine adventure just by having dynamic details in the distance. I'm not going to spoil anything here but the shit you see in the distance in that game hasn't been matched by any game even on the significantly stronger platforms...

deckard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

There needs to be a general consensus that everything needs to run 60 FPS out of the gate (Phil Spencer touched on this briefly in his interview with Jeff). Why would I want to buy a $500-$600 box in 2-3 years that still runs games at 30 FPS (or less!)? Might as well stick with the PC.

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@nicksmi56: man the hardware hasn't been limiting these things, its time and money, plus peoples competence levels. show me what that quick time event fight looks like with 100% player control. you lose the dude or the camera sticks you between a tree and a bad time. Theres a reason we've leaned harder into these scripted sequences instead of giving control back.

Games like UNcharted are great at blending these moments though, and through their achievements hopefully animators can follow suit. but its no easy feat. compare Tomb Raider to Uncharted in terms of animation and its like AAA to B game. All we'll see from a new generation is either more on screen or more stable framerates on screen, but the push for 4k means we'll still likely end up locked at 30. PC gaming shows us where consoles can be and it wont be anything different for the most part.

pg77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I would like to see:

• Improved AI and Environment interaction
  • Improved Stop and Resume features
  • Solid State Hard Drives
  • USB C ports (best for storage expansions)
  • A better way to update and patch games
  • Backwards Compatibility for PS4 || Xbox One (Let me pop in the disc! Let me download my previous digital purchases and play! I'll still buy the new games.)

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

I just want something more than 4K and a consistent 60 fps. I know that is really important and would be an engineering feat to pull off and still make it affordable but I want to see that leap in graphics that felt like was not that impressive from the last gen to the current one. I want my jaw to drop similar to how I felt when we went from the PS1/N64 to the PS2/GCN/Xbox or even seeing the 360 for the first time. I honestly think the next console generation won't happen for at least 4 to 5 years and I don't know how Sony and Microsoft could pull off that "holy shit" moment in terms of a leap in graphics because it feels like we kinda plateaued for the foreseeable future.

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Casepb

Graphics are fine for me where they are this gen. I want better AI though. I also want more on screen NPCs, pretty much how Cyberpunk 2077 is sounding. But these NPCs need to feel alive and not all look nearly identical (with pink hair instead of blue). For VR I want it to be all wireless. My biggest complaint right now for the Oculus is that the headset wire really does get in the way. After that then just the usual stuff of better resolution and less teleporting in games. I'm a big boy I can handle moving around damn it.

GundamGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57  Edited By GundamGuru
@moderp said:

I think someone said it earlier in this thread but, draw distances. Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild spoiled me. That game developed an exponential amount of mystique and genuine adventure just by having dynamic details in the distance. I'm not going to spoil anything here but the shit you see in the distance in that game hasn't been matched by any game even on the significantly stronger platforms...

Like what, do tell? I played the Wii U version for like 70 hours and I don't remember anything special with draw distance that stuck with me.

_Brojangles_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Framerate more than anything. Or at the very least, consistent framerate.

mortonan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'd be fine with games continuing to look like Horizon and God of War and Ghosts of Tsushima if we can get a significant reduction in load times. Plenty of fast storage too so if I go digital I can have plenty installed at once without shoving an external drive under my TV.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

these console leaps or more then just jumping a puddle then jumping over a ocean, remember going from PS1 to PS2 or PS3 it was mindboggling at the time, these recent leaps are more like yo man look at these solid shadows we got this great light model we use all of it underwhelming imo. Let's Start with making 1080p 60hz a standard again or at least a solid 30. Even playing some PS1 racing games at 60 fps still feels good. So for me it's Frame Rate over Resolution.

ToTheNines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CPU's that don't bottleneck the GPU.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

lots of booty

Max_Cherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want backwards compatibility.

Ericjasonwade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

4k/60fps or at the very least an option for 60fps for all games. Id rather have the framerate over resolution/graphics.