What game has the best community?

AgentofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AgentofChaos

I was wondering what the users here at Giantbomb thought was the best online gaming community? Whether it be because of age or lack of overall douchebaggery. I personally have never had problems with the Guild Wars community, they were very welcoming to new players and even though i gave that game up after about 3 months I played probably a month longer just because of the community.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Al3xand3r

Not a particular game but Stardock's community's pretty decent, mainly because their own games are deep strategy affairs, though they have of course expanded a lot in online publishing like Valve, but that hasn't ruined them yet, and you can always stick to the boards relating to the strategy games, like Gal Civ II, SOASE and their awesome upcoming Elemental.

Hausdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hausdog

I'm answering the question posed in the topic title because this doesn't hold true.
The Pump it Up series has nice, helpful fans who are great at the game and at the same time not elitist.

Xeno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Xeno

Rock Band 2. Everyone is nice as all shit.

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Captain_Fookup

I'd have to say Soldier of Fortune 2 for the PC/MAC.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d99c8cd85096
deactivated-5d99c8cd85096

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TF2 or Left 4 Dead IMO

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By atejas

Tribes is still decent.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By StarFoxA

Not really an "online community," but dude, the Mother franchise has the most dedicated fanbase I've ever seen. Those guys at Starmen.net are still coming up with new stuff.

inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By inkeiren

Endless Ages. Nice community, not a great game.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By toowalrus

A lot of the WoW dudes I know are pretty cool, however there are a lot of dicks concentrated in the big guilds.

laticsfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By laticsfan

I am going to have to say Roma Victor has one of the best i've seen, very small but still very good. Never known a group of people to be so helpful to newbies.

NukeGoBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NukeGoBoom

I am gonna destroy all of your asses.
starmen.net  DOES YOUR COMMUNITY TRANSLATE NOT ONE BUT 2 GAMES?DOES YOUR COMMUNITY TRY TO MAKE A SEQUEL TO A CLASSIC?DOES YOUR COMMUNITY HAVE STORY THEORIES OF THE WENDOR IN MOTHER 3 BIEING NESS?
I thought so.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By natetodamax

No game has the best community. Over the internet, anything can happen, and every game has it's share of dicks.

Aska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Aska
Zombutler said:
"TF2 or Left 4 Dead IMO"
I hope you're kidding.
Scientist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Scientist
Most MMos have a good community and helpful

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By crunchUK

I'll just make everyone rage by saying halo 3. It's a bit like stepping stones really. All the amazing community is in places like halo 3 wheelmen, halo 3 in the workplace, machinimas, the vast library of custom content, high levels in general, NOT team doubles, your friends list, etc

NickM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By NickM

I've heard good things about Team Fortress 2 for the PC.

Slunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By Slunks

Everquest has the most mature community out there. The amount of times people will go out of their way just to help you is unlimited. Warhammer semi-decent -- but I think it's getting worse. Region chat on EVERY SERVER is riddled with "WoW vs. WAR" debate every hour, of every day. Play the damn game and enjoy it!

Every community of today seems to be corrupted by 4channers -- it's really bad. Hell, I can't believe some people are listing WoW, TF2, and L4D. Talk about bottom of the barrel. WoW is littered by elitist assholes who camp corpses, steal shit and are just generally immature. Of course, you can find a few individuals who are relaxed and play for fun (such as a mature guild), but it's a terrible ratio. Then you have TF2 and L4D, two games that require a cooperative team. If somebody isn't doing their best, the higher players get pissed and start yelling at the "lesser" players, then it just turns into a bitch-fest and the actual game doesn't even matter anymore. Like before, you can log onto a good server or find a team of players who remember that games are for entertainment here and there, but it's generally too plagued.

I think Gears of War, Call of Duty 4, and Counterstrike are in the bottom of the barrel as well. Although, within the last dozen times I've played CS, it has been surprisingly pleasant.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By Diamond
Captain_Fookup said:
"I'd have to say Soldier of Fortune 2 for the PC/MAC."
It's funny you should bring that up.  I bought that game day one.  I remember after it had been out a week or two, discussing on a server how the community had gotten so much worse so quickly.  We were discussing how real fans of games bought games within the first week, and it took a while for the idiots to buy a game.

I think this still holds true, the first week of ANY new game is the best.
ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By ParanoidFreak

Shadowrun has a great community, a lot of the best guys are more than willing to teach new people to play. If you haven't played Shadowrun I definitely recommend it.

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Captain_Fookup
Diamond said:
"Captain_Fookup said:
"I'd have to say Soldier of Fortune 2 for the PC/MAC."
It's funny you should bring that up.  I bought that game day one.  I remember after it had been out a week or two, discussing on a server how the community had gotten so much worse so quickly.  We were discussing how real fans of games bought games within the first week, and it took a while for the idiots to buy a game.I think this still holds true, the first week of ANY new game is the best."

Oh dude I played SOF 2 for a good four years after the game came out, maybe it was just the fact that I was good at the game going 45-80 kills a match and only dying 5-15 times. Moved around a bit to different clans that primarily played CTF. That game still holds a place in my heart haha, fuck I wish Raven Software would make a sequel already.
gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By gearhead

I would have to say Team Fortress 2 or Socom. Both pretty good

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By Mushir

Kinda depends on which type of people you meet. Some might meet some great guys in Killzone while others may find complete dicks.