What Game should I rent next?

freezerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By freezerr

Trying to catch up on old games, still. Which XBox 360 title would you recommend for a 5-day rental period, and why?

Currently looking at Fable 2, Far Cry 2, Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, Mass Effect, and Oblivion.

A mix of shooters and RPGs. Which one, guys? (Or something else)

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Bullet_Jr

Personally, I never try to rent an RPG because I don't have the kind of time to play an RPG and get a full gaming experience out of it within the rental period.

In this case, I recommend FarCry 2 or Gears of War.

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By gunswordfist

Yeah DON'T rent Oblivion. Buy it dirt cheap. If you can get it for 20 bucks or less for new then you got yourself a good deal. I say try to choose between GeOW2 and Left 4 Dead.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By breadfan
Bullet_Jr said:
"Personally, I never try to rent an RPG because I don't have the kind of time to play an RPG and get a full gaming experience out of it within the rental period.

In this case, I recommend FarCry 2 or Gears of War."
Well you could get a lot out of Fable II in a rental period.  From that list I would recommend Left 4 Dead because I love that game and everyone should be playing it!
Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Hexpane

Fable 2 and left4dead if you only have 5 days, you can beat both in 2 days

tokyochicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By tokyochicken

Fable 2 or left 4 dead are some good titles that will give you some good game for your time

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7  Edited By kush

Fable 2 is probably the best game you could rent. Also, if you haven't played Dead Space I'd recommend that before anything else.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By End_Boss

This is really dependent on whether or not you have XBL, but assuming you do, I would say Left 4 Dead. Its a badass game online, though the single-player's a bit thin.

And in a shameless plug, if you want more info on L4D, you could always check out my review.

freezerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By freezerr

I do have XBL. Dead Space looks like it's extremely well-done, but the generic, B-movie premise and plot kind of turned me off to the game. I will probably eventually give it a shot.

Sounds like most people are recommending Left 4 Dead or Fable II, and suggesting I stay away from Mass Effect or Oblivion (as a rental). Hmm; those two are so different that I don't know which one to choose.

Bear with me here :) Another question: how is L4D with strangers on Xbox Live? I don't really play with friends online most of the time.

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bullet_Jr
freezerr said:
 Dead Space looks like it's extremely well-done, but the generic, B-movie premise and plot kind of turned me off to the game.
That's funny, I usually find myself attracted to games like that.
Avatar image for theuncannygiraffe
theuncannygiraffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd go for Mass Effect. Partly because I've just finished my fist play through and want to spread the love. :D

It's an RPG, so it depends how much of a completionist you are. I reckon you could play through the main quest easily in about 12 hours, and that's if you take the time to listen to the story.  I did the majority of the side quests, and it took about 20 hours - plus I went treasure hunting. (my estimations may be flawed, since I can never bring myself to play just the main quest.)  Also, it depends on how much of an achievement junkie you are, since all achievements require multiple play throughs... If it's like an online rental thing where you could take your time, I'd go for it!

But seriously - it's one of the best and modt engaging games I've played in a long, long time.  Deffo worth a play sooner rather than later. :)

Edit: Ah - 5 days. sorry. I think u could do it tho. :)

wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By wrecks

FarCry 2. Singleplayer is an cool 5 day rental. Don't even worry about multi.