What game would you want re-made with today's technology?

• 140 results
audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By audiosnow

Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed - I haven't played a racing game to surpass it.

System Shock and System Shock 2 - Unrivaled atmosphere, and the best examples of ARPGs.

Any of the classic adventure games - The remakes of Out of This World and the Monkey Island series were terrific and gave people who never experienced them when they first launched a reason and motivation to play.

EDIT: Oh, and Resident Evil - I've tried so many times to start it but the awful graphics combine with the awful controls to push me away. If the graphics were updated I'd work past the controls, but I can't wrangle both.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Final Fantasy VII (assuming they don't modern-day-Square-Enix the dialog), Metal Gear 1 and 2, and maybe Final Fantasy VIII if they totally redid the character progression and magic system.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Definitely MGS1. I know there's that gamecube remake, but I've heard enough conflicting things to stay away from it. I also don't have a gamecube

AsgardWulf39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steel Lancer Arena International (redone graphics and music) and Dragon Quest VIII. I loved the HD REmake of Kingdom Hearts but hated the fact that the music was remixed.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

FF7-9 and Xenogears.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Zeik

@karmosin said:
No Caption Provided

I want Maken X with a good devil may cry-esque fightingsystem and graphics that can make some of Kazuma Kanekos most ridiculous and awesome creations ever, justice. The original was a clunky, ugly mess. I want those boss-designs to be made justice. Just by looking at them I know there's so much potential.

Also, SMT 1 and 2 ofcourse. And maybe If..., though I haven't played it so can't say it needs it for sure.

I knew I was forgetting something. I've been wanting a modern remake of SMT1 and 2 for so long. The SNES games are just so clunky. I'd be satisfied with an SMT4 style remake, but as long as we're dreaming, a full out PS4 remake would be amazing.

I have no experience with Maken X, but a devil may cry style MegaTen game would be pretty awesome.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#57  Edited By benspyda

I'd like to see a remake of the first Soul Reaver as a PS4 / XB1 game. That game was incredible.

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for smashed_pumpkins
smashed_pumpkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#58  Edited By smashed_pumpkins

@redbullet685: Yes Timeplitters: Future Perfect. I spent a lot of time playing the Multiplayer split-screen and against bots. I also thought that game had a really strong Single player.

Also I would love to see Persona 3 get a Persona 4 Golden style update. But I guess there have already been three versions of that game

Farkas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Farkas

Final Fantasy 6 (throw in 8 + 9 just because LET'S DO THIS), MDK, Policenauts, Colony Wars, Rival Schools, Dino Crisis 2, Grandia, Front Mission 3, Tony Hawk 3, Timesplitters (online plz), Soul Reaver, Xenogears, Tekken 3, Raw Danger and Persona 2 with the promise of fixing the gawdawful menu/UI.

ilikepopcans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#60  Edited By ilikepopcans

Logical idea would say my favorite game, Fire Emblem POR, but I really don't see what would need improve. The graphics were not really good at the time and I could not give a shit anyways, but HD improvement would be nice. I would like more CG cut scene and good voice actors more importantly. Maybe more challenge maps maybe.

My second favorite, Halo already had a HD improvement. I really don't care about any other game enough that is older than last gen, so I would say Darkest of Days, to make it not look like a ps2 game.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

@ilikepopcans:

Release an HD compilation of it and Radiant Dawn on the Wii U. Call it "The Tellius Collection". Watch the money sort of trickle in.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

EDIT: Oh, and Resident Evil - I've tried so many times to start it but the awful graphics combine with the awful controls to push me away. If the graphics were updated I'd work past the controls, but I can't wrangle both.

The gamecube remake of Resident Evil still looks quite good for a 12 year old game, but I still very much understand the sentiment.

I'd be interested in Ultima Underworld being made with modern technology. That game is super influential and has a lot of great ideas. I just wish it controlled better.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love if Rockstar North remade Body Harvest. That game was so awesome

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#64  Edited By NMC2008

ESPN Extreme Games, Dragon's Lair(make it an actual game), Crystal Castles, Dodge Em, Spike's Peak, Ghost Manor, Space Harrier 2, Streets of Rage, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, Rygar(NES version), Michael Jackson's Moonwalker(genesis version), Bad Dudes, X-Men(Genesis version), Karate Kid, Jungle Hunt, Pro Wrestling, Goonies 2, Tapper, Jail Break, Techno Cop, Ghosts n Goblins, Castlevania IV, Revenge of Shinobi, Dick Tracy(genesis version), Quackshot, Mega Man 2 & 3, Blue Print, Tunnel Runner, Moon Sweeper, Mountain King, Commando, Kid Niki.... pfft, my list can go on and on but I will stop here.

Nhoj_Sllew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-Wing

wtf is wrong with you people

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultima Underworld and Daggerfall probably. Those games are pretty hard to play nowadays, with them running at sub-10 fps and all that clunky UI.

ilikepopcans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@video_game_king:

Yes, all that 100k copies it will say in the U.S. which will never get a reprint and copies will say for $100 a couple years latter.

Sort of indeed. I would buy it though. Recently did play Radiant dawn for the first time, would not mind playing it again in the near future.Need to unlock them secret characters.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK, fine, I'll play along.

Wonder Boy.

Dragon's Trap and Monster World are two of my favorite games ever. IV was such a steaming pile of shit, it pretty much killed the franchise, but those middle games were awesome! I'd also like to see a super-insane new Space Harrier game. I bet they could make one absolutely batshit crazy now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a995178e28eb
deactivated-5a995178e28eb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#70  Edited By StarvingGamer

Probably FFVI done up proper, but FFXV-level graphics alone wouldn't cut it. They'd need to sexy up the level/battle system as well in some way.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tenchu. Especially with all the lessons the souls game have taught them.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@hatking: Though it'd be nice to see a true HD remake from Crytek themselves, this is still really awesome news. Thank you for telling me about this!

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#73  Edited By Silver-Streak

@acidbrandon18: I want a new Parasite Eve (that plays like PE1) so damn bad. It was an awesome cross of JRPG and Resident Evil style survival horror. Never got a chance to play the Third Birthday, either. :(

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#74  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

Project Firestart and Perihelion: The Prophecy come to mind.

Project Firestart was an C64 sci-fi survival horror game by Electronic Arts, very much inspired by Alien, and itself probably a huge inspiration for the aforementioned System Shock - it had a pretty similar feel as you explore a derelict ship, uncover crew diaries and emails and flee from the aliens that have taken over the ship.

I guess that SOMA and the new Alien game seem to be pretty close to what I'd want out of an Firestart remake though.

Perihelion was an party based sci-fi and horror dungeon crawler for the Amiga, by Psygnosis, who were pretty famous for their insanely beautiful visuals on the platform, and Perihelion was no exception. It had an amazing soundtrack too. I could see gameplay in the vein of the original Mass Effect working quite well in an remake.

Also, Zipper Interactive's DeathDrome. At first glance it may look like your typical mid-90's Twisted Metal clone, but the level designs, weapons and powerups are much more reminiscent of Q3A/UT style arena shooters, and had a kinda interesting take on the basic free for all deathmatch, where you didn't only have to kill the other players, but also get to the exit first, which would open after a kill limit had been achieved, kinda similar to Descent's deathmatch.

No Caption Provided

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#75  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

Ultima Underworld and Daggerfall probably. Those games are pretty hard to play nowadays, with them running at sub-10 fps and all that clunky UI.

Oh yeah! Those and the King's Field and Hexen/Heretic games, more first person fantasy ARPG/FPS things!

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Final Fantasy....9. Screw 7, gimme that HD Vivi.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redbullet685: You're right, it would be nice to see a bigger financial backing for it. But maybe if this does well enough it will show that there is an active interest in the franchise and publishers will be more open to a proper sequel. At least I hope so!

TrashMustache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

i Would say Onimusha. well no, actually just a reboot or sequel, THE ONIMUSHA. If i'm not mistaken that franchise sold pretty well, i don't understand why they dont make a new one, I mean there hasn't been a single onimusha in the entire PS3/360 era. Not even a damn HD collection. I loved those games. granted they were just resident evil set in ancient japan, like even at the time they weren't really innovating but I really enjoyed thosse games (third one a bit less, but dat Jean Reno mocap tho). Meanwhile they still cranking out dynasty warrior games...

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By AcidBrandon18

@doskias: I felt they were getting away from Aya's original presentation from PE1 which I felt was a prefect representation of her. With the Third Birthday getting way to fan-servicy with all the costumes and tear-able clothing. I like my Japanese content to be ecchi free which is also way I appreciate Attack on Titan so much.

Karmosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Resident evil REmake for the gamecube? To my knowledge that one still looks good today too.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By bigjeffrey

@artisanbreads said:

Max Payne 2 with Max Payne 2's gameplay would be great.

FTFY, a cover system in a max payne game = the worst thing ever

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By ripelivejam

SECRET OF MANA

just want sharp ass handdrawn art that is as close as possible to the oriinal designs give it to me now

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#83  Edited By ArtisanBreads
@bigjeffrey said:

@artisanbreads said:

I think using cover is realistic to how gunplay works in the kung fu action films Max Payne was always trying to be and 3 was made so you really don't have to use the cover. I see people say otherwise but I don't understand from my experience. I beat the game on almost the very hardest difficulty (painkillers on) using almost zero cover and playing just like Max Payne 2. Maybe on console that can't be done but it sure can on PC.

The reality is in Max Payne 2 there are times when you play where you might as well be in cover. Well you are, there just isn't a button press for it. You're positioned behind a wall or crate or whatever. I played Max Payne 2 again about a month ago and still found it fun to play.

I've played and enjoyed a lot of third person shooters and I think controls and mechanics wise MP3 is the best. The weight, subtly in the movement, ability and usefulness of staying prone after shootdodges, the way the weapon system works (and how that even animated correctly with the characters), the way enemies react to your shots. I could go on. Just so fun to play.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By glots

@bigjeffrey said:

@artisanbreads said:

I don't really recall them forcing you to use cover except for a few occasions (like the final boss), though. I usually just went off with guns blazing as many times as I could, before resorting to using cover. That said, I have no problems with Max Payne 2's gameplay either.

As for my suggestions, there's potentially an endless list of games, if one would just want to make them graphics better and controllers up to today's standards. A whole bunch of old PS games have driven me mad (Medieviiiil!) due to their control schemes, even though I've liked them otherwise. But if I were to select just some specific games...

Grim Fandango, even if I never had as much trouble with those controllers as others seemed to do. Backgrounds still look pretty good, just make them a tad sharper. Same with models, maybe add more detailing to them. Also fixing all those technical problems would be almost as important as those two features. Repeat that for MDK, Duke Nukem 3D, Soul Reaver, Crash Bandicoot(s), yada yada...yeah, endless list there, probably! Thus I don't really get why some people complain about HD remakes. Sure, I would probably complain as well if all major developers would just focus on upgrading their games over and over again (let's not go to those obvious examples...) but since it's usually some other studios focusing on those projects, I've got nothing to complain about.

@seppli Oh man, Rollcage! The PC-version of that was the Holy Grail of multiplayer gaming for me and my friend. Though instead of actual racing, I think we used to play made-up tag for countless of hours. That would be pretty swell to get HDfied, indeed!

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By damodar

Put me down as another vote for Grim Fandango. The actual art design of the game is spectacular, but the pre-rendered backdrops with primitive 3D character models have aged so much worse than some of the games contemporaries with 2D art, like Curse Of Monkey Island and Full Throttle.

How about a remake of Weaponlord? The original was awesome, but it was too awesome for the hardware. It's a real shame they never made an arcade version that could have more frames of animation etc.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Eco the dolphin in 3D, with mo-capping and a voice over recorded from actual dolphins. It should have a continually auto-generating ocean and a procedural event-based narrative system where the player experiences the struggles of a dolphin as it comes to terms with being a mammal with flippers.

No Caption Provided

Here is an early concept of said dolphins 3d player character model, along with a highly polished concept of what this may look like:

black2s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shadow Man

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

comix zone, as much as we see toon shaded games, they never did as clever or innovative ideas like this game did.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

@karmosin said:

@mlarrabee said:

Resident evil REmake for the gamecube? To my knowledge that one still looks good today too.

Beyond the inclusion of the 180 degree turn, however, it still controls the same as the original. Well, there's also the auto-aim, though that does in fact exist in the Director's Cut version of the original. Still, anyone that has trouble adjusting to the controls of the very first Resident Evil would no doubt have similar problems with the remake.

beepmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

I would like an updated version of Persona 2 IS with the combat of 3 and 4. I recently played it and it wasn't as fun as 3 or 4 and it would allow more people to experience how amazing the game is.

AndyMc1888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of the most fun multiplayer experiences I had was a game called "Mashed" think it may have been a sequel overhead car combat / racing in short bursts has anyone else played this ? I have never found anyone else to have the good memorys of it I seem to have

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Planescape Torment

Avatar image for deactivated-62a216db3532b
deactivated-62a216db3532b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GTA: Vice City

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

This might be dumb but I'd take Silent Hill 1, 2, 3, The Room -and- Shattered Memories in some sort of glorious remake thing that will never happen, no, but this is a wish thing. I don't mean HD versions but completely rebuilt versions with better everything with graphics on par with Metro Last Light and even Outlast, perhaps even better! Keep the original SH sound though, unless you somehow get Akira Yamaoka to come back and re-record everything in Dolby 130.13 quadHD 3D THX stereo times 5.

Also, as mentioned, Parasite Eve.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By ZolRoyce

SYPHON FILTER TRILOGY

That is all.

Good day gentleduders.

@geirr I would so be on-board with some shiny new Silent Hill re-dos, it is a shame those hd versions of 2 and 3 were horrible and therefore didn't sell well, and you just know Konami is placing the blame on the customers not buying it instead of them fucking it up/allowing another team to fuck it up.

Imagine a world were the HD versions did well and there was suddenly demand for a super awesome remake of the 1st one, I love the Silent Hills but the first one is ever so dated in some areas of it I would love for a glistening remake, Shattered Memories excluded of course, I actually enjoy that one but it's not a remake as much as it is a retelling.

BRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want an actual modern Phantasy Star Online more than anything. A next-gen KOTOR would also be nice.

xite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Karnov

BambamCZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By BambamCZ

Sweet Home, for some reason I would love to see remake of this one. It's one of the first games by Mikami and one of the earliest inspirations for the Resident Evil franchise. A horror RPG with puzzles and where losing characters doesn't spell game over but makes it more difficult because the remaining have to go and pick stuff off the corpses of their fallen comrades and go on without much of a back up. Funny thing...I still haven't seen the movie it's based on.