Grimace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Grimace

Alone in the Dark - It's a broken game.  
Overlord - The game gives you no direction for anything. 
Bionic Commando - The swinging mechanic makes it all a chore 
Stranglehold - The levels go for way too long so it becomes tedious 
Mercenaries 2 - Zero charm, many bugs. 
Afro Samurai - Why is there platforming? 
Infamous - It really is an average, boring game compared to the Assassins Creed series. 

Bear in mind though, every one of these games will be finished eventually. If I can stick it out to beat Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard then anything is possible.

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#52  Edited By OldManLight

Lots but ill limit it to games I wanted to finish but couldn't.

Mass effect 1, reason: fucking driving levels
Assassins creed 2, reason: look, another tower to climb, look, something shiny, oh look...
Oblivion, Fallout NV, Borderlands reason: my wife, my 2 year old, and our 6 week old.

where is the time?

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#53  Edited By Atlas

GTAIV: after about five hours I realised I wasn't at all engaged in the story, was frustrated by the gameplay, was furious at the mission checkpointing and sick of driving around in such crappy handling cars.
Alan Wake: I'm like two chapters away from the end of Alan Wake, and I certainly didn't hate it, but I just didn't feel engaged enough to keep trucking along with it. And now enough time has passed that my dilemma now is whether to start up from the old save or just tear it up and start anew.
Lost Odyssey: at a point, this game just became monotonous. The pretty visuals and story helped me look past the random encounters, extremely old school gameplay and antiquated text-log character progression, but at some point I just ran out of steam and lost sight of what I was doing and where I was going.
Far Cry 2: I never really gave this game a fair chance. I'd say I played about an hour or so; it's obviously very striking to look at and I like the unique setting but the endless walking around and random gun battles kinda turned me off it a little. Maybe someday I'll go back. Maybe.
Bayonetta: got maybe two hours into this, and found it very difficult to see what all the fuss was about. Yes it's completely ridiculous but not in a particularly endearing way, at least to me, and the combat was no fun whatsoever.
Resident Evil 5: I found it very difficult to see the upside to RE5. The combat was tedious, the characters were bland, the inventory and gun purchase systems were retarded, and above all else it just wasn't scary. Now plenty of games are marketed as scary but fail to really do so, such as Dead Space, but you can still create tension without true fear if you can create any kind of atmosphere, something which RE5 is completely devoid of, at least in my experience with the first couple of chapters.

Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By Sayishere

I have many games i couldnt finish, its down to time constraints 

i even didnt finish wind waker, and i basically got 100% in that game, but never completed the final boss fight with ganon (although i did finish it eventually :P ) 

ventilaator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#55  Edited By ventilaator

GTA IV, due to it sucking too much.
Heavenly Sword, due to me sucking too much.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#56  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Dead Rising. I kept dying on the second day, and I kept forgetting to take pictures, so I didn't level much. 

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Doctorchimp

I couldn't finish Lost Odyssey because in the first couple of hours I saw the cliches roll in and I got the most intense case of "Been there, Done that" felt real generic to me.

Prototype was shit... complete shit...it makes me think Brad is a moron even...although I guess he learned the error of his ways since on the later bombcasts he confessed that it's a terrible game.

Assassin's Creed...

I borrowed Final Fantasy XIII from a friend on the PS3 and gave it right back the next day...

StealthRaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#58  Edited By StealthRaptor

The Sims.

psykhophear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 142

#59  Edited By psykhophear
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth is one game that I can't seem to finish it. There are multiple endings in the game and depending on your actions, you'll end up in one of them. I want to get the A ending but reaching it is such a pain in the butt. Your weapons keep breaking, the enemies are too strong, the special moves are often useless and the things you must do in order to achieve an A ending is so confusing. I've played the game like 3 - 4 times but I still can't finish it. 

I also haven't finished Final Fantasy VII and VIII. Played them for a while and then lost interest cos I'm not a big fan of RPGs.
Riddell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#60  Edited By Riddell

Of the top of my head:

-  Final Fantasy VIII 
- Final Fantasy XIII 
- Bioshock 2 
- Assassins Creed 2

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#61  Edited By Hailinel

Valkyrie Profile 2:  I absolutely adore the first game, but the plot of the sequel felt like nothing more than a huge "Fuck you" to fans of the original.  I played into it for about fifty or so hours, but after encountering quite possibly the most insulting plot twist I've ever witnessed, I couldn't bring myself to finish it anymore, looked up the ending online, and had my fears confirmed.

Ugh.

KillyDarko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 43

#62  Edited By KillyDarko

I usually finish most games I play, but recently I couldn't bother with finishing Assassin's Creed (the first one).

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#63  Edited By armaan8014

Fall - fucking - out 3

phish09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By phish09
@Jack268 said:
"Oblivion. Every time I get out of that tutorial cave I just think "I don't really want to play this". Occasionally I've gotten further but the more I play of the game the more convinced I am that I shouldn't play further.  "

This.  Exactly.  I even bought, sold, rebought and resold Oblivion so I could give it another chance and I just can't stand it.  It needs some music or some kind of atmosphere.  It is, to this day, the only game I've ever fallen asleep while playing, and I've been gaming for nigh on 25 years.  I once pulled an all nighter with a friend playing the SNES Lord of the Rings game to completion when I was like 9 years old, and yet I could not get two hours into Oblivion before falling asleep.  

There are plenty of other games I haven't finished though...namely most NES games and SNES games back in the day.  I played tons of them, but finished very few.  For current gen games, I've never gotten around to completing; Gears of War, Valkryia Chronicles, Demons Souls, DJ Hero, Saints Row 2, Red Faction: Guerrilla, Ghostbusters, Soul Calibur IV, Red Dead: Undead Nightmare, Resistance 2, Deadly Premontion (I'm working on it!), pretty much any Wii game (Mario Galaxy, DKCR, Other M, Prime 3, Sin and Punishment)...but yeah, Oblivion is the one that I've tried the hardest to get into but could not get myself to enjoy it at all.
jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By jozzy

Can someone convince me that I need to finish Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2? I played it for 3 or so hours but it seemed like too much busy-work.
 I am also one of those who will likely never finish Lost Oddysey. I picked it up because i never played a JRPG and wanted to know what that genre is all about. I think I am quite far in but I just don't feel like playing it anymore.

Recently I "manned" up and finally finished Dead Space. I restarted it on easy and burned through it, glad I did it in the end.

RockAction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By RockAction

I never finished games, but i've been pretty good this generation, completed almost all of the games i've bought  

however, never got further than like 8% in Far Cry 2 cause it sucks 

thank god for the map editor, enjoyed that for a while, but the game is terrible

Andheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#67  Edited By Andheez

Dead Rising

Badhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Badhands

I have never not finished a game, because winners dont quit!

Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#69  Edited By Twisted_Scot

World at War - Veteran Grenade spamming made me shut it off on 2nd last level.
Afro Samurai - Bored the shit out of me after 3 or 4 missions.
Farcry 2 - Just hated the whole thing.
Demon Souls - Own it still, want to like it but have NO idea wtf i'm doing.

bosshog70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By bosshog70
@blueaniman93 said:
" For me it would be GTA IV I just couldn't stand the controls and the silly story any longer.  I would say Final Fantasy XIII but i might go back to it.Yeah and, ninja gaiden 2 is a hard game. Probably never going to beat it. "
Same for me with GTA IV
duskvamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By duskvamp

GTA IV - played it for a couple hours, got bored, didn't like the controls, the story and his bloody cousin calling all the time to go on play dates..
AC Brotherhood - loved AC2, heard Brotherhood was better. Had to keep forcing myself to go play it thinking it'll just get better, but it just hasn't grabbed me.
Dead Rising - hated the save system and the shooting, heard great things and was expecting it to be amazing so was a bit disappointing.

Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#72  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets
@armaan8014 said:
" Fall - fucking - out 3 "
This, GTA IV, Killer7, Persona 3, Splinter Cell DA and some others.
RudeJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By RudeJohn

Ugh, Viking:Battle for Asgard, which I played a few weeks ago. The last boss battle glitched on me so many times that I tossed the disc in the garbage. I don't do that very often. And it was the last fight of the game, most of which I liked. 

Condemned. Got all the way through the game on melee only but couldn't get past the final boss. Guess I was worn out on the game. And the last battle was a cheat. The game would send a mob of freaks to beat you down before you even got a chance at the final boss. And you were supposed to survive this no less than three times IF each encounter with the final boss went perfectly. I still have the disc but don't know if I'll ever waste my time putting it in the tray again.  Besides, I haven't played Condemned II yet. Have it, just haven't played it.

Clive Barker's Jericho: Wanted to like this one, but it sucked horribly (pun intended.) 

There are a few others that I didn't complete, but all for the same reason. They were awful. But I always enjoy a good bargain, so I can't complain too much about crap games. I've certainly played my share over the years.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#74  Edited By LordAndrew

Steambot Chronicles didn't want me to finish it, so I didn't. I seem to have broken the storyline.

Avatar image for phantomgardener
PhantomGardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By PhantomGardener

I don't even finish half of the games I play. Main reason for that is that I just grow tierd of them.

Tsoglani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#76  Edited By Tsoglani

Far Cry 2 - the driving did my head in about halfway through; that and the fact that I kept dying.

Afro Samurai - loved it for the first 4 hours... hated it after that. I would be willing to give it another crack, but I sold it.

Final Fantasy X - got stuck at a puzzle, looked at cheats, and then never bothered to try again.

Red Faction Guerrilla - I know I'm like 2 missions from finishing the story, but haven't really bothered with going back to it. Probably due to all the other games I am playing, I don't see myself going back to it any time soon.

Generally speaking, other than those 4, I try to finish all the games I buy.

floodiastus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#77  Edited By floodiastus
@Sincillian said:
" Only one and that'd be Final Fantasy XIII. As soon as I got to Gran Pulse the game felt draining. I was forcing myself to play at that point and ultimately I stopped playing eventually.  "
Yup, I stopped at disc 2. The battle system just sucked, it should have been turnbased. Every fight was just switch-stance fest.
Mighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#78  Edited By Mighty
@TrippinBungalow said:
" For some reason I could never finish Bioshock. "
Weak

And I couldn't finish GTA IV
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#79  Edited By JJWeatherman
@crono11 said:
" Bayonetta was a recent game I thought that I'd love but I can barely play it for 10 minutes.  "
I'm curious as to why. 

Was it the game itself, or something like you getting a headache while playing? Sometimes I get headaches with certain games.