What games do you regret buying in 2011?

yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 4

#101  Edited By yetiantics

Marvel Vs Capcom 3

Madden NFL 2012

xSeanZx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By xSeanZx

By far Batman Arkham City and Battlefield 3

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#103  Edited By BoG

Everything that isn't Skyrim. Do I need other games? I mean, I love Zelda, but Tamriel is always calling. I'm not going to let myself play Skyrim until Zelda is over, because I know that if I do, I won't play Zelda again.

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#104  Edited By SmilingPig

Dragon Age 2; they used the copy and paste way to much.

Bastion; I love Greg, the narrator is really fun, but I did not care for the gameplay. (I hope that their next game will be totally different)

Batman; I burned out on it in 4-5 hours.

From Dust; way to short, it’s a good game but I was expecting black and white without the pets.

Tiger woods for PC; ... Fuck you EA...

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#105  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

Dead Island. I completely lost interest after the first act.

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By ervonymous

BF3. Maybe Karkand will win me over but I think I'm done with non-UT2k4 FPS games.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Skyrim because my life is over. 

But in all seriousness I would say Killzone 3

Bribo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#108  Edited By Bribo

My only regret is that I didn't play the Portal 2 co-op stuff back when everyone else was playing it.

Who will accompany me on my puzzling robotic adventures through science now? Nobody, that's who.

@TheNightWatch: The Yakuza games do suffer slightly from their very deliberate (slow, often enragingly dull) pace, and 3 is definitely the low point of the series. You would probably have had a much better time if you'd gone straight for #4 but I salute you for dipping a toe in uncharted waters.

Spence_5060

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Spence_5060

Dead Island definitely for me. After the first area the game isn't even fun anymore.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#110  Edited By Hizang

I bought Duke Nukem Forever full price..

bamafan1317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By bamafan1317

@CptBedlam said:

Rage. Fuck me this game was boring, man....

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought so...

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Barrock

When LA Noire is the game you regret buying, you've had a good year.

My regrets are the Catherine Collector's Edition on launch day. I haven't played the game at all.

Final Fantasy XIII. Bought it and the guide. Haven't played it at all.

Dragon Age II Signature Edition. Haven't even installed it.

Damax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Damax

I regret getting Batman AC and Uncharted 3 brand new wish I would've waited for them to drop in price. Batman is dropping to 29.99 at wal-mart in Canada for black Friday kinda stings a little lol

hostile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#114  Edited By hostile

The only game I can't qualify that I regret obtaining is Infamous 2. Would also add Black Ops DLC from gamesharing because I've purchased 2 of them from gameshare and I never used them.

I really wish I didn't pay close to MSRP for Deus Ex: HR, Dragon Age II and Bulletstorm though.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#115  Edited By GunstarRed

Marvel Vs Capcom 3, I had zero fun with this game. Modern Warfare 3 was met with the hugest of sighs every single time I got to one of the big setpiece moments. I bought a Virtual-on game which is complete shit annnnnnnnnnddd if I want to bring up really questionable purchases of old games... Shadow the Hedgehog.

I didn't in any way feel good about this but with both MVC3 and MW3 I took advantage of Games trade in for newer games for £5 deals. Both Bulletstorm and I assume Assassins Creed when I get around to it are better than both those games.

jrodrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By jrodrz

I've been fighting with myself about L.A. Noire. I bought it, thinking it would be great. It was good, but as I got deeper into the game I realized It wasn't as revolutionary as I thought it would be. But it took me so long to get the money for it, that I'm just kind of forcing myself to like it, even though I regret not saving that money for something else.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Grillbar

i have bought alot of bad games in my life but the only game i regret buying for the ps3 is pain. played it for like 5min and never touched it again. hated everything about it

kabong254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By kabong254

The Lonesome Road DLC for Fallout:New Vegas. What a huge dissapointment. Especially after the awesomeness of honest hearts.

Other then that I think I only made smart purchases this year. A rarity. haha

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By bybeach

Duke Nukem. I can go on about the 30.00 dollar price point all I want..still too much. I almost said got taken but the whole point is that was my look-out...

I never got around to Bulletstorm. I'm still convinced I'll play Alice..but Bulletstorm..another game I paid 30.00 for.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#120  Edited By NekuSakuraba

So much RAGE hate, what's up with that?

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#121  Edited By recroulette

Marvel vs. Capcom 3.  
Was hyped through all of the reveals and trailers, but when I actually got the game, could not stay interested in it.

downtime58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By downtime58

Weird year I guess - some of the games on this list I kind of liked - not loved mind you - but liked enough that I didn't regret them.

LA Noire - gameplay was a bit of a let down but the story carried me enough to get to the end.

Bulletstorm - No replay-ability whatsoever, and a paper thin story - but I enjoyed some of the jokes and a shooting game that made you enjoy shooting - I spent more time on the echoes modes than I ever did on the single player campaign.

Deus Ex - The boss battles were atrocious, and often the fighting was kind of janky, but the side missions and hacking ate a lot of my time up.

fourby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By fourby

None, every purchase has been worth it. @FancySoapsMan: ESPECIALLY BASTION THAT WAS THE MOST WORTH IT D:

PixelPrinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#124  Edited By PixelPrinny

I've always been a sucker for buying plenty of fighting games and this year was no different. I definitely regret getting MvC3 and MK.

I bought MvC3 almost entirely because of my love for Okami and hearing Amaterasu was in it. While she was fun to play with in training mode, playing other people was an entirely different story. It just wasn't fun for me at all and within a week it was shelved and I went back to SSFIV. On top of that, the game reeked of laziness -- a bare-bones arcade mode, limited trials, and no spectator mode. Really weak for a full price game.

In Mortal Kombat's defense, it did have a good story mode (albeit a terrible story, but at least they tried [which is more than can be said for most fighers ie MvC3], so props to them for that) but I literally got it on the day PS3 went down for about a month, so by the time I was finally able to play it online, I had already moved on and didn't much care for the fighting system it had.

To a lesser extent I also regret getting Arcade Edition for SSFIV. While I play SF enough to want to be up to date with balance changes and such, the new characters were not appealing to me in the least and have gathered cobwebs every since it came out among everyone I play with; none of us use them, making purchasing AE kind of a waste.

ikwal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By ikwal

Rage, didn't like any part of that game, horrible graphics, no story and just super boring gameplay.

gunstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By gunstar

I bought A LOT of games this year looking at my stack over there ->

I have so say what I regret the most is buying all the Mass Effect 2 DLC + Cerberus account. I got into a science fiction mood and thought I'd played those two games back to back, and became fatigued only 10 hours into ME2. I'll come back to it but damn, even borrowing the game from a friend I've spent over 50 dollars on it.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#127  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

L. A. Noir, it's a good game but I just can't bring myself to finish it.

Evenstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Evenstar

Little Big Planet. Haven't even opened it yet and I don`t think I will. Not any time son anyway.

SerHulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By SerHulse

@TheNightWatch: :0 If you go into a Yakuza game thinking it will be like GTA or the like, you are bound to be disappointed (not saying you did of course). It's a Japanese game it has a slow burn story, it gets much more interesting later on I would urge you to stick with it for a while, oh and after you leave Okinawa you never have to play mini-games again, it was a little cheap to force you to do that. Also Yakuza 4 was much better IMO.

SerHulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By SerHulse

I was disappointed by RAGE, I actually liked it for a while but the ending was such a anti-climax, it soured my entire experience, the shooting is good though.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#131  Edited By MEATBALL

Outland, Marvel vs Capcom 3, Raving Rabbids Travel in Time (when I pre-ordered my DS I had a choice between free Ghost Recon, Rabbids or Rayman and I went with Rabbids), From Dust and Resident Evil 4 HD.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#132  Edited By TobbRobb

MvC3, it was fun but I barely played it, between MK9 and SSFIVAE, it just kinda got left out. I picked up Resonance of Fate and Metro 2033 this year and frankly. I won't finish either.

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#133  Edited By VisariLoyalist

Resistance 3, it's a solid game but there's nothing new there

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By 49th

Nintendo 3DS.

No Games: The Game

Renegade Ops

InvertedForce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By InvertedForce

I'm going to have to add yet another L.A Noire....only got onto the second disc, I tried my hardest to like it as I love Rockstar so, but it really was just dull and boring. I also slightly regret buying Red Dead again just to play the zombie expansion thingy, it was good and I finished it but I was bored with the world of Red Dead by then.

Nearly bought a few games this year that i'm glad I didn't, Rage, Bulletstorm and From Dust come to mind.

ABK_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By ABK_92

Rage, Rage, Rage. Rage, Rage and uhh... Rage. All of the people saying Crysis 2 make me sad.

Avatar image for wrinklydinosaur
WrinklyDinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By WrinklyDinosaur

DA2, FIFA 12 and NBA2K12

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By WinterSnowblind

None, I've been a lot more careful with my game purchases this year and it's becoming more and more obvious when games are being released with the intention of GoTY/Complete versions being released later *cough*Arkham City/L.A.Noire*cough*. So I've simply avoided those for now, and I've only been buying games at full price if I'm really excited about them, like Skyrim and the Witcher 2.

Dragon Age 2 would be the closest, I guess.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Chop

This year was kinda bad for me

Dead Space 2 
Mortal Kombat 
L.A Noire 
Catherine  
Deus Ex: HR 
Batman: AC   

Both Dead Space and Catherine just didn't click for me. I enjoyed both enough, but I should have waited until they were on sale. 

I've never liked fighting games, but got caught up in the hype for Mortal Kombat. Turns out, hype can't make you magically enjoy a genre.  

L.A Noire is probably my least favorite game I've played this year. Just so incredibly boring and guided, I expected an adventure game out of it and I ended up getting...well not that.  

Deus Ex was my own fault. I played a shit load of Vampies: The Masquerade before playing it, so I was just burned out on that style. 

Batman...I can't even say what happened there. I just really, really have a strong distaste for it that I can't explain. 

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#140  Edited By AndrewB

I spend crazy long amounts of time deliberating my new game purchases unless I'm 100% sure it's the game for me (such as in the case of Skyrim). I can't even think back on how many stupid Steam sales I bought into this year, and the number of games I'll never finish. As for newer games... well.. I'd say Dragon Age 2, but I intend to go back and give it a second chance at some point, and I spent I think $10 on it, so not really that torn up about it.

It's so weird seeing LA Noire brought up so often. I don't regret buying it (only regret buying at the price I did), but it's the sort of game that I played quite a bit of and then just stopped and never picked up again. Anyone who's played it can probably guess the point where I stopped, too. It's a point where the story could have ended and it would have seemed like a complete (if perhaps short) story.

emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By emergency

Modern Warfare 3.

Buscemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Buscemi

Dragon Age 2 might be the worst sequel ever in the history of ever.

Avatar image for deactivated-65d51c2303ca6
deactivated-65d51c2303ca6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragon Age 2/Brink. Ugh, I abhor both of those games.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#144  Edited By Shadow

Marvel vs Capcom 3, for obvious reasons considering last week's release. That's it really

Juno500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Juno500

From Dust and Divinity 2.

From Dust has some UI issues and bad A.I.

Divinity 2 started out great, but man it just got cheap towards the end. Didn't even bother to finish it.

Avatar image for extreme_popcorn
Extreme_Popcorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#146  Edited By Extreme_Popcorn

RAGE, because despite somehow having 11 hours played it doesn't feel like I played it that much and the game itself has so much potential which you see but the story is just so bad, coupled with the lame racing and bland quests. I mean they had John Goodman but only used him for the first hour then you move on to some random dude who's fighting against these other guys who are bad but who am I to judge. They've done nothing to me and I'm just taking this guys word that they are evil, maybe the resistance is evil. They sure are boring.

MW3, 4 hours of explosions isn't enough to justify the price and I can't get into the MP like I used too.

I'm not understanding all the hate for DA2. I mean it's pretty clear it's not as good as the original it's not a bad game, it's a pretty good game with a few minor flaws that are very noticeable. The one I always hear is the reuse of areas which is a bit crap but it doesn't detract from a pretty great story, excellent combat and looking exceptionally pretty. It also confuses me that the reuse of areas wasn't a problem for anyone in Oblivion, which pretty much reused the exact same dungeon and area of Oblivion for the entire game. The real problem is that people expected a direct sequel and they didn't get it.

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#147  Edited By Soap

Brink and Rage off the top of my head. Both very disappointing yet beautiful games.

GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By GunnBjorn
@Tryptophan said:

Final Fantasy XIII, WHAT-WAS-I-THINKING?! 

Wasn't that a 2010 (and for Japan even 2009) release...?

Kandycane2029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Kandycane2029

Modern Warfare 3. Because I've played this game before.... I believe it was called Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Branwulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Branwulf

Dead Island, Dragon Age 2, Starfox 3DS and Rage