• 69 results
JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By JoeyRavn

I was finishing Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood yesterday, going for the Il Principe Achievement (%100 sync in both the main game and The Da Vinci Disappearance DLC). I was missing a couple of Thieves Guild missions I forgot to do during the main story, so I started doing them. Now, the game had its tough moments (full synching some missions, chiefly), but the Young at Heart mission made me furious. There's nothing as frustrating as reaching the last checkpoint in that race, only to be hit by a stupid bolt from a stupid crossbowman and fall off the building you're climbing. What was supposed to be a test of skill and speed degenerated in a matter of luck to how much you could avoid getting hit by those bullshit arrows. I had to retry that mission at least 25 times. Urgh.

Fuck guards.

What games or sections within a game make you rage?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Justin258

The ones where the difficulty goes from "enjoyably challenging" to "inducing clinical insanity". 

Or Call of Duty Black Ops on Veteran. Have you tried that? It would make the Pope curse like a drunken sailor.

konradbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By konradbm

Any time I had to do any aggressive driving in GTA IV.  Never rage quit so many times in my life.

Yamoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Yamoto

Ninja gaiden black that game is so fucked up but i still fucking love that game 

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PeasantAbuse

A couple of levels in Call of Duty 4 on veteran are super tough.  Especially the mission where you and Captain MacMillan have to hold out by that ferris wheel.  I tried that level countless times and I never could beat it. 

EDIT:  Also some Star Wars game I used to play on the SNES.  I think I got as far as the second level before freaking out.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Video_Game_King

I'll let you guess.

Avatar image for deactivated-60321b0e394b7
deactivated-60321b0e394b7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

The last time I got really angry at a game that I can think of was during the Mother boss in Prototype.  I still like that game but, I came really close to just shutting off my Xbox 360 and not finishing the game.  My 360 controller may have been harmed in process of defeating the boss.  The time before that was during the challenge section of Dante's Inferno.  Which took up basically my last two hours of the game!  That is a game I was on the verge of not-liking when I got to that point, and after that I just hate that game.

Moonshadow101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Moonshadow101

I'm not usually angered by challenge that is clearly part of the game's design.

I did once break a PS2 controller in Shadow of the Colossus. There was one colossus who hung out on a large platform above the sea, with a large spiral staircase leading up to the top. At the top of the staircase, however, you had to jump to the platform itself. That game's jumping controls never agreed with me, and this particular segment had me trying again and again and again. Naturally, when I missed the jump, I fell into the sea and had to climb the massive staircase again. I even went online to see if I was missing something, and was infuriated by faqs that just said "go up the stairs and jump to the platform and...," as if the "jump" step was something trivial that didn't require any extra explanation. I ended up turning the system off and ignoring the game for a few days.

Naturally, when I did come back, and got it on the second jump. That's how this shit works.

Sogeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sogeman

Ms Splosion Man - I ragequitted in I think the 3rd mission of the 3rd world and haven't played since.

narficacid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By narficacid

Sports games get me more pissed off than almost any other genre. Anything where there exists an established rule set that I can "see" the game manipulating for its own ends. Although Duke Nukem Forever on Insanity nearly made me hoarse with rage.

JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By JTB123

Pariah, that game is really bad. Challenge 6 in Vanquish also, but beating that made me feel like a fucking god. 

left4doof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By left4doof

COD2 on Veteran.

Buscemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Buscemi

I'm not proud, but I was once one second from throwing my chair through a wall because of a damn League of Legends game. It was then that I realized that I had... a problem, and spent fourteen years at an asylum for mentally insame gamers.

JCTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By JCTango

I've never actually raged, but the gameplay in Lead and Gold got me pretty angry... on some maps/locations... all you see are people spawning in as shotgunners that run up and blast you without any real aiming, and spinning in circles in between reloads to avoid getting hit....yeah... like that seems like semi-realistic tactics :|.  I gave the game a few days before I gave up on it.  I had fun playing as a Marshall in that game though... when I wasn't getting shotgunner-rushed by the opposite team.

Battleforge can get frustrating, also, if you play high tier battleground maps on your own... you can be doing really well until the end, when you realize you only have a few seconds left to clear the map... sometimes you get so frustrated with it you just quit playing it for a week or more xD.

Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By Tordah

In general, driving games on higher difficulty levels have always made my blood boil. The AI is always godlike and unfair.

Rockanomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Rockanomics

Street Fighter 4, broke a good pair of headphones playing that, which is why I stopped.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By eroticfishcake

Pretty much any game that does something cheap like jack up the amount of damage you take. They're just outright terrible ways to make a game "more challenging".

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Clonedzero

i do tend to ragequit if im doing really badly in a multiplayer game.
i see it as acceptable to do as well,cus if all im doing is getting mad and frustrated, then i should probably stop playing anyways.

last time a single player game made me "rage", was probably deus ex HR the other day, theres a mission where you're helping this dude and you're attacked, you have to option of giving him a gun, i figured he'd give it back afterwards, but nope. so i lost my fully upgraded assault rifle. i was pissed lol.

Arebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Arebuckle

Ninja Gaiden Sigma. In particular an enemy that's prevalent throughout the entire game, bringing untold misery and anger to any that enter. I speak of none other than...

THE FECKING CAMERA!

That damn thing has pissed me off more than anything else I have encountered in that bloody game. Ninjas I can handle, Samurai I can handle, Samurai on horse back I can handle, teleporting gobshites that fling hard to dodge balls at me, I can handle. But not that bloody camera! Granted, I'm not terribly far into the game, but I doubt any adversary can top that damn thing.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Azteck
@Yamoto said:
Ninja gaiden black that game is so fucked up but i still fucking love that game 
This.

Was close at a few points during Ninja Gaiden 2 but I kept my cool and pushed through. Love those games to death
JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By JasonR86

I kind of think of a 'good' rage and a 'bad' rage.  A good rage is when the game is fun and still challenging.  A bad rage is when the game is kind of overstaying its' welcome but I, like an idiot, keep coming back because of...well, I don't know, pride.  Here's some of what I mean.

'Good' Rage
-Super Meat Boy (the last level).
-Bit.Trip Runner

'Bad' Rage
-Both 'Splosion games
-Magic Obelisk
-The boss fights in Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Ninja_Welshman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Ninja_Welshman

Metal Gear Online. No matter how hard I tried I never got better. I would get the jump on someone and they would just spin and head shot me in an instant. GGGRRRRRRR

Avatar image for superwristbands
SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SuperWristBands

Just recently was Demon's Souls. I learned a hard lesson about the importance of rolling (using the equip burden ring so that I can be graceful with heavy armour on) and running past those fucking skeletons on the ledge in 4-2. Fuck that level. Also, fuck the giant depraved ones in 5-1. They could end me much too easily.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

The new Mortal Kombat arcade mode, the 3 boss fights in a row get real tiresome.
One mission in GTA4 that required fighting down an apartment building and then escaping cops, was so frustrating, difficult and pissed me off for about an hour and a half. You have to do the same exact mission again in TLAD which is why I never beat it.

Avatar image for superwristbands
SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SuperWristBands

@Ninja_Welshman said:

Metal Gear Online. No matter how hard I tried I never got better. I would get the jump on someone and they would just spin and head shot me in an instant. GGGRRRRRRR

Oh man, that would happen to me too. I eventually took to sniping, something I never do in games, and was able to have a positive K/D. Then I just stopped playing.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#26  Edited By Sooperspy

The last fight in Fight Night Champion would have made me rage if I didn't quit after 30 minutes. That last fight is so stupid, so I gave up before I could rage and throw the controller at the wall.

WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By WarlordPayne

The first Assassin's Creed and Dynasty Warriors 4.  Getting some of the level 10 weapons in that game had me cursing up a storm.  Also, the Monster Hunter games.  I love them, but they make me furious in a way that few games can.  

Deiterbomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#28  Edited By Deiterbomber

I had enough crash-rage issues from the beginning when I played Fallout: New Vegas (PC), so it sent me into overdrive when I modded it to have super-HQ textures and my year-old video card overheated. Luckily it didn't totally fry, but it made me completely freak out and not run anything too intensive for the next two days.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Benny

MK9. 

"Don't you dare do that agaiAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" 

When fighting ermacs & kung laos etc.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By JoeyRavn

@JasonR86 said:

The boss fights in Deus Ex: Human Revolution

I must have been really lucky, because I just beat the first boss with no problem at all. On Hard. With a stealth-based character. On my first playthrough. He barely touched me, and it was the first time I've ever shot a lethal firearm in the game. I was expecting an epic showdown, but he was down in less than 3 minutes :P

@Irvandus said:

The new Mortal Kombat arcade mode, the 3 boss fights in a row get real tiresome.

Fuck Shao Khan. Fuck him right in the ass. What a fucking bitch of a fight. I played through the story on Medium and, while it may have been a bumpy road sometimes, I could reach the final fight without any major problem, even with my uber lame fighting skills. But Shao Khan... Fuck him. I had to try that fight like 30 times, and ended up lowering the difficulty. And even then, it was fucking tough.

Fuck.

DiscoGobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DiscoGobbo

Catherine. Specifically, the part where it was a game.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JoeyRavn: OH FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK SHIT FUCKFUCKFUCKING FUCK THAT FUCKING MISSION FUCK THAT BULLSHIT I STOPPPED PLAYING THAT FUCKING GAME BECAUSE OF THAT MISSION WHY DID YOU REMIND ME ABOUT IT...  ok im done ranting about that mission.  i retried that mission so many times...
Krrutch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Krrutch

pretty much every boss in deus ex hr except for barrett has got stuck on some form of collision allowing me to nuke them with grenades and the magnum - just finished it though, my goty by far

on topic though,
Trouble with the trolley eh?

Mike512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Mike512

God of War II. Other than the first mission I hated that game and it was such a disappointment cause the original GOW is one of my favorite games ever. I was at some annoying part in the game where you're moving forward and something is pushing you back and you have to carry something to the front and I finally got to it even though it was incredibly aggravating and I thought at the end you were supposed to jump somewhere cause it wasn't clear where to go next so I ended up jumping to my death. I got the controller and spiked it like a football into the ground. It bounced off the floor and flew about 5 feet high and bounced somewhere else. I'm still amazed the controller worked still (it was the SIXAXIS) and despite L3 being slightly rough when I moved it, you'd never know I smashed it into the ground as hard as I could. If I didn't have a carpet on the floor (even though it's sort of thin) I'm pretty confident the controller would have smashed into a million pieces.

shiptoncraig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By shiptoncraig

A big rage of mine was in FFXIII when fighting against Barthandelus for the first time, because I was doing it wrong and it got to the point where he repeatedly spammed ___aga spells until I died.  Not even having a team of healers would stop him and I think that is what pushed me over the edge.

Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

User Lists: 4

#36  Edited By Mystyr_E

recently, Far Cry on PC. how the fuk those enemies can see you through thick bushes and trees AND opaque walls I'll never know 

also anything in the Fade from Dragon Age (why the hell does Jowan have no healing spells, shitty equipment and an ability to restore health with dead corpses yet give us a boss fight with none of those?

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#37  Edited By TobbRobb

All fighting games ever. Some Stealth games "because I'm horribly obsessive and will rage/load at the slightest mistake". CO-OP games, because my friends are dicks.

Avatar image for gladiator_games
Gladiator_Games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38  Edited By Gladiator_Games
@believer258: Dontcha just love it when games on 'easy' are far too easy but 'medium' is just mind blowingly hard?
Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#39  Edited By Undeadpool

The original Guilty Gear. Testament, the second-to-last boss is a ridiculously cheap, overpowered nightmare. Justice, the last boss, is a fucking GOOOOOOOOOOOD. His attacks all do insane damage, he blocks almost everything you throw at him, and he has moves that, while not filling the screen, take long enough to disperse that they can't be jumped. It remains the only game to make me actually FLING my controller. I've pantomimed it a few times with other games, but with that one I actually let fly.

Avatar image for james_ex_machina
James_ex_machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By James_ex_machina

Street Fighter on the SNES. I broke more controllers on that game... I was always average at the SF games but the SNES controller drove me crazy. I did much better on the Genesis controller.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#41  Edited By Justin258
@Gladiator_Games said:
@believer258: Dontcha just love it when games on 'easy' are far too easy but 'medium' is just mind blowingly hard?
Well, yes, but that's not entirely what I meant. I meant when an area in a game just suddenly ramps up in difficulty. 

For instance, in the first Gears of War, and I can name the exact moment this happens. It's otherwise a great game, but about halfway through on the underground level a new enemy is introduced, the Theron Guards. These guys aren't legendarily tough, but they're a significant jump up from the guys you've been fighting. Oh, and there's only about six or seven of them in one small area, all with their sights on you, as well as a couple of the weaker guys surrounding them. The difficulty is A-OK for the rest of the game, but this part is infuriating.
Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Sooty

Fighting games are pretty annoying online because of latency cocking up your combos/parries/blocking

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Karl_Boss

Fucking Time Pilot....getting the "Perfection" achievement for reaching 2001 without losing a life tested my patience.

Krendrayven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Krendrayven

Halo: Reach online.. I hate campers and Super Meat Boy.. (but I consider it a good rage)  :3

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By BraveToaster

I quit Arkham Asylum after about an hour. I'm terrible when it comes to stealth.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

Ninja Gaiden for the Xbox on Master Ninja mode. FUCK THAT WAS HARD.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By MrKlorox

Assassin's Creed games definitely make me angry. It wouldn't be so bad if the controls would just be more consistent. It either seems to snap me to things when I don't want it to, or it doesn't when I do.

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48  Edited By xMP44x
@PeasantAbuse said:
A couple of levels in Call of Duty 4 on veteran are super tough.  Especially the mission where you and Captain MacMillan have to hold out by that ferris wheel.  I tried that level countless times and I never could beat it.  EDIT:  Also some Star Wars game I used to play on the SNES.  I think I got as far as the second level before freaking out.
Dump claymores everywhere. Just set them all around the grass before you go to MacMillan, and the enemies won't spawn until you're with the good Captain. Then sit back with an AK-47 or another assault rifle and keep burst firing people. Try to find some cover while doing so and if you manage to handle those closing in, use the sniper rifle to shoot those who are just arriving. Having finished that mission quite some time ago I can't remember any more advice to give.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By iam3green

when the games difficulty goes up when playing the game. o this game is pretty good, gets hard,  and then harder. 

also, games difficulty jumps between the couple of choices. forza 3 i was good at medium, hard the AI was a big jump. 

multiplayer games sometimes. people are cheap, sometimes.

Adamsons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Adamsons

Super Meat Boy - Skyscraper & 4 Letter Word.