• 158 results
Rainbowkisses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Rainbowkisses

I know there has been a thread like this before but when I searched the only thing I was able to find was two blogs on the subject. Anyways..

Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy

I'm not the first to say it and I won't be the last. Psi-Ops was one of the most overlooked games of the last generation. While the controls for aiming and moving are a bit clunky in comparison to most modern shooters, the psychic abilities more than made up for it. Psi-Ops was able to handle telekinesis better than any game before or after it. Even the Star Wars games couldn't do the force as well as this game. There is nothing quite so satisfying as throwing your enemies off of a building and hear them scream as they fall to their death. Or being able to use your pyrokinesis to explodes the barrel right next to them and watch them run around as they attempt to put out the flames. Or taking control of their mind and making them shoot their teammates and then having them off themselves. All of the various mechanics work together so wonderfully and I can only imagine what this game would be like with modern controls and better visuals. But mostly I just want to throw more guys off of buildings.

War Of the Monsters

I've never been a huge fan of classic arcade style fighting games. I never had the patience or the skill to learn all the various combos and techniques. All I wanted to do was beat the crap out of stuff. That's why War of the Monster is the perfect game for me. It's not a particularly deep game but there's a great amount of enjoyment you get out of destroying building and throwing tanks. In War of the Monsters the world is your oyster. A giant, exploding, destroyable oyster. This game captures the heart and soul of those 50's B-movies so well, right down to the music and look of the monsters. The monsters themselves aren't all that different, with basically a light and heavy type and two that can fly. The charm of the characters doesn't come from the move set though, but the sheer amount of personality in each character. You have the typical monsters such as your King Kong clone, your Godzilla copy, and your Japanese robot, but you also get far more creative enemies like a giant eyeball with a body composed of electricity. If that's not enough all monsters have various costumes that greatly change the look. The giant eyeball can be made to look like a giant frog, or that giant ape can be a yeti or robot ape. Best of all if you have a save for Twisted Metal Black you can unlock Mecha Sweet Tooth as a skin for one of the characters. A sequel with online multiplayer and a larger cast of characters would satisfy the ten year old in me to no end.

More monsters than you can shake a giant radioactive stick at.
More monsters than you can shake a giant radioactive stick at.

What video games do you think need a sequel?

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Animasta

Nier (well a prequel set in in the past, maybe peaking with the destruction of the red eyed legion in Jerusalem).

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#3  Edited By sammo21
pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pyrodactyl

I'll simply answer with my top 3 games of all time: The witcher 2, persona 4 and half life 2.

DoctorDanger99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DoctorDanger99

Star Trek. i know there hasnt really been a great trek game but the possibiltiy is amazing. oh and BATTLEFRONT 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Cold_Wolven

There are many games I'd like to see more of but for the ones that will mostly likely never get one I say Jade Empire. Played it for the first time this year on the Xbox even though I had a copy for years I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the game right through till the end and a sequel that could improve upon the mechanics while still retaining a mystic setting with a variety of characters would make a hell of a game.

Rainbowkisses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rainbowkisses

@Animasta said:

Nier (well a prequel set in in the past, maybe peaking with the destruction of the red eyed legion in Jerusalem).

I should have known you would say that.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8  Edited By JasonR86

Beyond Good and Evil. Whether it is really good or really bad at least it won't be hanging over people's, and Ubisoft's, heads. Also I would really like to see a sequel to Anachronox but it probably doesn't deserve one.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By Video_Game_King

@pyrodactyl:

Two of them already have sequels.

Evikull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Evikull

I personally would love to see a sequel to AirBlade, although I may be in a minority with that.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#11  Edited By Yummylee

I concur with Psi Ops. And as for my own pick: a Shadow of Rome sequel! Give me more of the brutal, weighty, animation-prioritised gladiatorial combat that I love! Maybe give the stealth a pass this time, though, k?

I've also always wanted a Fear Effect sequel, or a reboot if anything I guess. I loved the cyberpunk setting mixed with Chinese mythology shtick (reminds me of Dusk till Dawn in how it mixes gritty crime drama with supernatural horror), and I've always liked the characters, too. The presentation, with its OTT (and weirdly bubbly) blood, excessive cleavage (though they do tone the raunchy stuff down as the game goes on), and strange story gave it a very shlocky cult/b-movie feel, but I still love it all to this day. Gameplay hasn't aged all that well, and I imagine if it were to be rebooted today it'd probably resemble a sort of stealth game, probably give you a lot of neat gadgets like a Bond game, with a lot of creative puzzles that will lead to hilarious death scenes should you fail one. It's never going to happen unfortunately, but it's always been a dream of mine to see another Fear Effect game.

TheShoebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheShoebox

@Evikull said:

I personally would love to see a sequel to AirBlade, although I may be in a minority with that.

I agree!

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Rafaelfc
Panpipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Panpipe

VALKYRIA CHRONICLES

No Caption Provided

And not some bullshit portable console sequel. Fully fledged PS3/4 sequel, bringing back the original crew that we learnt to love. And if you haven't played the original yet, buy it, even if you think anime is a load of hogwash.

Aderdunn_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Aderdunn_3

What the above user said :ah AirBlade what a great game!

Also:a sequel to Kinetica (pretty overlooked) OR a sequel to Bombastic (crazy ,crazy game...I kinda suck at it but still love it) :D

nickux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By nickux
No Caption Provided
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Yummylee

@Panpipe said:

No Caption Provided

VALKYRIA CHRONICLES

And not some bullshit portable console sequel. Fully fledged PS3/4 sequel, bringing back the original crew that we learnt to love. And if you haven't played the original yet, buy it, even if you think anime is a load of hogwash.

Currently deep in the game now (and I seem to have been seeing this thing being brought up everywhere on the forums lately), and while I haven't even completed it yet, I too would love to see a home console sequel. The gameplay is just so good, it can even make the melodramatic dribble of a story and the writing relatively easy to stomach. That beach scene, however, made me want to swallow my tongue.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#18  Edited By Hizang
No Caption Provided
fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#19  Edited By fox01313
DoctorDanger99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DoctorDanger99

@Yummylee: a thousand times yes!! it cribbed the RE style so well. slow and deliberate with a focus on story.never got to play the sequel. didnt most of the first games cast die?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Yummylee

@DoctorDanger99: Weirdly enough the sequel is actually a prequel, so while most of the cast can die during the end (and fyi, there's also a secret happy ending if you play it on hard mode), none of it is reflected in the sequel and so technically there's also no canon ending. Fear Effect 2 is bloody brilliant, though, and it's better than the original in every way. The gameplay's pretty awkward, because it plays like a survival horror game... but it's also sort of a third person shooter so it doesn't really fit exactly. It's actually even 'clunkier' than the Resident Evil games I'd say, despite the ironic fact that you can move & shoot, and have a dodge ability. Besides that, though, the presentation, the story, and the puzzles are definitely worth seeing and it's worth the small price of admission that's probably up on the PS-store,

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By BisonHero

Psychonauts 2 would've been rad, but Double Fine is a pretty different company now and they don't have Wolpaw anymore, so I don't think I would really want them to make it now. Also Alpha Protocol 2, with skills that are actually useful and scripting that isn't busted, would've been cool.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#23  Edited By jacksukeru

Psi-Ops was an alright game, had some cool face animation stuff in it.

I'd like to see another Ape Escape that isn't a Move game but a proper, B-tier platformer. I'm not even gonna ask you to bring anything in particular from the old games back, just give me Ape Escape 4 already!

Rainbowkisses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Rainbowkisses

@JackSukeru said:

I'd like to see another Ape Escape that isn't a Move game but a proper, B-tier platformer. I'm not even gonna ask you to bring anything in particular from the old games back, just give me Ape Escape 4 already!

I agree whole-heartedly. Ape Escape is easily my favorite sony platformer series and with such a scarcity of 3D platformers lately a new Ape Escape would be welcome.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#25  Edited By FancySoapsMan

Skies of Arcadia.

This is just my opinion, but I think there aren't enough games about sky pirates.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Joey_Connell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Joey_Connell

Asura's Wrath 2. Set in the future.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28  Edited By Nux

Rogue Galaxy. That game was way too good to not have a sequel.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#29  Edited By tourgen

Mass Effect. It got "re-imagined" as a shooter. I'd like to play an actual sequel to Mass Effect 1 though.

psykhophear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 142

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Halo Wars 2

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#32  Edited By Justin258
psykhophear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 142

#33  Edited By psykhophear

@believer258: What do you mean, "huh?" Both are classics in their own way. As long as the System Shock sequel has a flavor of either Warren Spector's design or Ken Levine's, I'm fine with that.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#34  Edited By csl316

Psi Ops is cool and all. Advent Rising was also cool and all.

And mother fucking Vagrant Story was the coolest.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#35  Edited By MocBucket62

Age of Mythology 2. Loved the last game and I would like some talented strategy developer would be designated by Microsoft to make a sequel to one of the most underrated strategy games ever! 

Also, Nintendo needs to release Wario Land 5 and a sequel to F-Zero GX asap.

green_sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By green_sky

Anyone remember Jade Empire? One of my favourite games. Would love anything related to that.

feliciano182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By feliciano182

Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magicka Obscura

Though at least we're getting Project Eternity for that.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By colourful_hippie

Bomberman Act Zero-2

mousse_gallon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 42

#39  Edited By mousse_gallon

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars and Cyberbots: Full Metal Madness 

spyder335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By spyder335

id love a prequel to red dead redemption, play as john before leaving the gang

Roger778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Roger778

Mirror's Edge desperately needs a sequel. The first game was great, but I found the levels where it's hard to fight a heavily armored cop without shooting him was frustrating.

I also would like sequels for Ghostbusters (the first game is hard at times but really fun), Jade Empire, and L.A. Noire.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#42  Edited By Kidavenger

I wouldn't mind a new Syphon Filter that type of game has been done to death now, but it was the one that I actually got into way back when.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#43  Edited By ArtisanBreads

The Warriors needs some kind of spiritual successor. You aren't making a sequel but something that plays just like it.

And we need a new entry in the Def Jam series that's a direct follow up to Def Jam: Fight for New York.

A new Freedom Fighters would be awesome.

@Roger778 said:

Jade Empire

Dude YES. And since Bioware went to action based combat with Mass Effect it would be interesting to see them do an RPG with melee action combat. The combat in Jade Empire was the only part of it that wasn't great. Some combat similar to Sleeping Dogs would be incredible.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#44  Edited By Video_Game_King
Cubidog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Cubidog1

Red Dead Redemption, The Witcher 2, and Half Life 2 Episode 3.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Vagrant Story, Valkyrie Profile 2, Xenosaga 2 (just pretend 3 never happened, and while you're at it make 2's beginning less terrible), Vanquish, Bayonetta, El Shaddai, Red Faction: Guerilla, Starcraft, Diablo 2; hey pretty much any game that had a poor sequel could use a sequel that didn't suck.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#47  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@Cubidog1 said:

The Witcher 2

I believe Witcher 3 has been virtually confirmed by CD Projekt.

Though they are making that Cyberpunk game. So may be a while unless they have a couple teams there.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Animasta

@Fredchuckdave said:

Vagrant Story, Valkyrie Profile 2, Xenosaga 2 (just pretend 3 never happened, and while you're at it make 2's beginning less terrible), Vanquish, Bayonetta, El Shaddai, Red Faction: Guerilla, Starcraft, Diablo 2; hey pretty much any game that had a poor sequel could use a sequel that didn't suck.

Bayonetta 2?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@Animasta: You shitting me, no one has a Wii U it might as well not exist

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points