User Lists: 3

#103  Edited By landon

@egg said:

@Landon said:

@egg said:

@Landon said:

@egg said:

Sonic The Hedgehog (2006)

Putting Sonic in real life may be among the worst ideas ever executed. Why on earth would anyone want a sequel to Sonic '06?

I don't view the game as Sonic in real life. (do people really view the game as that?) The other Sonic titles have humans anyway so I don't see Sonic The Hedgehog (2006) any different in that regard.

That was the pitch for the game, yes. That's why Sonic is so weirdly proportioned compared to everyone else.

Sonic is weirdly proportioned to everyone else probably because 1) he's Sonic, 2) he's not a human

Sonic was weirdly proportioned because they were trying to put him in the real world instead of a cartoon one. Just look at the cutscenes in '06 compared to Sonic Adventure or even the Sonic anime. In Sonic '06 he had a massive head and long limbs.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#104  Edited By egg

@Landon said:

@egg said:

@Landon said:

@egg said:

@Landon said:

@egg said:

Putting Sonic in real life may be among the worst ideas ever executed. Why on earth would anyone want a sequel to Sonic '06?

I don't view the game as Sonic in real life. (do people really view the game as that?) The other Sonic titles have humans anyway so I don't see Sonic The Hedgehog (2006) any different in that regard.

That was the pitch for the game, yes. That's why Sonic is so weirdly proportioned compared to everyone else.

Sonic is weirdly proportioned to everyone else probably because 1) he's Sonic, 2) he's not a human

Sonic was weirdly proportioned because they were trying to put him in the real world instead of a cartoon one. Just look at the cutscenes in '06 compared to Sonic Adventure or even the Sonic anime. In Sonic '06 he had a massive head and long limbs.

You must not have seen Sonic Riders

No Caption Provided

What did they do to Knuckles? This is definitely because the game was trying to be realistic and because take self too serious story line.

Also good call on citing the anime as a reference for what Sonic should look like.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 32

#105  Edited By sgtsphynx  Moderator

Actually thought of another one, I wouldn't mind another Bastion.

Avatar image for fire_of_the_wind
Fire_Of_The_Wind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

God Hand, Legend of Dragoon, Suikoden

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#107  Edited By landon

@egg said:

@Landon said:

@egg said:

@Landon said:

@egg said:

@Landon said:

@egg said:

No Caption Provided

What did they do to Knuckles? This is definitely because the game was trying to be realistic and because take self too serious story line.

Also good call on citing the anime as a reference for what Sonic should look like.

I don't know what "take self too serious story line" means.

That Knuckles looks weird, but not in the same way I described. Also, I'm just gonna call that a weird camera angle, in the cutscenes I've seen he looks fine compared to everyone else, probably because the game is obviously set in a cartoon world.

And even if every character looked like that, it doesn't matter because there are no realistic looking humans around to compare them to, so the art style isn't clashing with anything. In the anime, the humans didn't look realistic, they looked like anime characters, and Sonic looked like an anime character, so the art style isn't clashing with anything. In Sonic '06 there were realistic looking humans, but since Sonic is a fucking cartoon character they tried to design him in a way that would look natural in real life, creating his massive head and long limbs.

Also:

Developer interview. They drop the word "realistic" multiple times. I'm not sitting here THINKING the game is set in a real world, that's how the game was designed.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By mandude

I didn't like Mirror's Edge, but there's so much potential in there, that a sequel might end up being fantastic.

bananaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#109  Edited By bananaz

Dark Cloud 3, Breath of Fire, Arcanum, Downhill Domination, Drakan, and Clock Tower (2D style).

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By ShadowConqueror

Planescape: Torment.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Banjo Threeie. None of that stupid car-building shit.

Burrich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Burrich

Prince of Persia (2008) really needs a sequel.

Was such a beautiful game. Sure the whole Elika "save-me" thing was hard to get used to and made the game much less challenging. But it also made it less frustrating, especially when getting all the light-spheres (can't remember what they're called now). The presentation from the graphical style, the sound and even the menus was top class. I feel kinda guilty because I berated the game for the Elika system and the seemingly automatic platforming. It was only after collecting all the spheres and getting the platinum that I really appreciated and fell in love with the game.

It will never happen... but I really really want a sequel now :(

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#113  Edited By Seppli

Rollcage - the best future and combat racer the world has experienced yet. Overlooked and underrated, because it was so far ahead of its time.

MisterSims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By MisterSims
DEMON'S CREST
DEMON'S CREST
ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#115  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@bananaz said:

Dark Cloud 3

Has there ever been any talk about a new one?

The town building is really such a cool mechanic.

cruxking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By cruxking

qouldnt mind a proper follow up to KOTOR II. noe of this mmo bull. also as Deathswind said tie fighter. it would be great to see what that would be like now.

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#117  Edited By thebunnyhunter

Legend of the Dragoon: Having one of the best combat systems for a JRPG and nothing more is done with it....its a DAMN SHAME

Metal Gear Ac!d: Very fun and addictive card based strategy game.....acid 2 was great but i want some new cards from peace walker and 4(was mgs4 cards in acid 2?)

Maximo: Both of the games in this series were pretty neat action platformers with some great levels......i want more.

on a side note is Ac!d on PSN.....if it was it would be Vita time

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Sanity

Would love a new Rise of Nations... i know they made another game but it wasen't nearly as good as RoN. That game was the shit.

Aterons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Aterons

Age of mythology, if there is a great game that deserved a sequel, had the sales to get a sequel and was good enough already not to require a lot of work on the sequel it's age of mythology... god I love that game, if i ever became rich I would donated all my money for a studio to make a worthy sequel to it.

Also LOTR: battle for middle earth 2 deserved a sequel as well, nothing wrong with that RTS and the horseman>infantry>pikeman>horseman melee animations that showed entire battalions getting decimated were bloody fantastic and satisfying/cringe worthy if you were the one getting your squads killed.

There are some other RTS that never got a sequel like Rise of nations, Rise of Legends, Empire Earth ( and no, 2 wasn't a sequel to that game, it was a piece of shit and a completely different game ), Warcraft 3 as well... tho i guess that is a no brain-er for anyone who played/heard of it and will get a sequel at some point, but it's blizzard so that point might be many years down the line.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#120  Edited By sgtsphynx  Moderator
@dudy80 said:

Would love a new Rise of Nations... That game was the shit.

Yes it was.
bananaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By bananaz

@Seppli said:

Rollcage - the best future and combat racer the world has experienced yet. Overlooked and underrated, because it was so far ahead of its time.

Dude! I loved Rollcage, and the sequel. Remember that challenge mode in Stage II with the crazy tracks? I want to see an ambitious reboot of Rollcage with more environmental craziness. Maybe more exploration of physics, gravity, and crazy planet conditions.

I wonder how pockets of different gasses would affect a race? This is THE racing game that would explore that kind of planet-science stuff.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#122  Edited By Yummylee

@mandude said:

I didn't like Mirror's Edge, but there's so much potential in there, that a sequel might end up being fantastic.

Actually this is how I feel about Dragon's Dogma, only I did quite like it... But I also hated it so much as well. So yeah, a Dragon's Dogma sequel (which I think is in development anyway) could turn into something special.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#123  Edited By Seppli

@bananaz said:

@Seppli said:

Dude! I loved Rollcage, and the sequel. Remember that challenge mode in Stage II with the crazy tracks? I want to see an ambitious reboot of Rollcage with more environmental craziness. Maybe more exploration of physics, gravity, and crazy planet conditions.

I wonder how pockets of different gasses would affect a race? This is THE racing game that would explore that kind of planet-science stuff.

Shame Sony closed down Psygnosis aka Sony Liverpool. Rollcage was a PS1 franchise, and I really thought they'd recognize the potential of how increased processing power could vastly improve on Rollcage's formula - upping the environmental destruction to the max. Of course they've gone with Wipeout, which pretty much has reached its potential since its initial conception. Oh well... we know how that went. Nobody gives a shit anymore.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By SomeDeliCook

Bully

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By egg

Sonic Generations PS360 needs a sequel but it needs to have a third Sonic added with this style of gameplay:

Also it should be 60 fps and have multiplayer added for both Classic Sonic and 3rd Sonic. (P2 Tails and Shadow, respectively.. or Metal Sonic for both.. e.g.)

and it should be on Vita. harumph.

and it should have DLC for even more Sonics (these Sonics would reuse the zones of the other 3)

xshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#126  Edited By xshinobi

Advent Rising.

Zuldim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Zuldim

@Video_Game_King said:

@Zuldim said:

Psychonauts. Psychonauts? Psychonauts.

NOOOOO. Psychonauts is a great game that can stand on its own. Let's keep it that way.

I could say that about a lot of the games listed in this thread. Yeah, Psychonauts stands up just fine on it's own, but that's no reason why it shouldn't get a sequel, which could be just as funny, just as original (with it's world, if not it's premise, at least), and could maybe even improve on the occasionally clunky platforming.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#128  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Zuldim:

It doesn't need a sequel, though. It got things right the first time around, and there aren't any significant plot threads left dangling at the end. Shouldn't there be a difference between "I want the devleopers to continue the story" and "I want the developers to make a game similar to this one I liked, but better this time"?

Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Gruff182

Mass Effect 2

Tenchu

bluefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By bluefish

@Xshinobi said:

Advent Rising.

YES

The_Moose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By The_Moose
@nickux: Agreed!
glyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By glyn

Mass Effect 2

Max Payne 2

Halo: CE

Diddy Kong Racing

Half-Life 2

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish they would make a new supreme commander or a sequel to empire at war, that was one of the only star wars games to get space combat right

Zuldim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Zuldim

@Video_Game_King said:

@Zuldim:

It doesn't need a sequel, though. It got things right the first time around, and there aren't any significant plot threads left dangling at the end. Shouldn't there be a difference between "I want the devleopers to continue the story" and "I want the developers to make a game similar to this one I liked, but better this time"?

Why is there anything wrong with wanting the developers to make more of a game I liked? I want more Psychonauts. They made an interesting, quirky world, and there's plenty left to explore within it, even if it's not a direct continuation.

Uncharted didn't leave any plot threads dangling, but the developers took that game, and made Uncharted 2, which is far superior. They made a game similar to one a lot of people liked, but better.

Or, for a more similar example to Psychonauts, Paper Mario didn't leave any plot threads dangling, but the developers took that game, and made The Thousand Year Door, a much better, funnier game, and one of my all time favorites. They took a game a lot of people liked, and improved upon it for a sequel.

Bioshock didn't leave any plot threads hanging, but the developers took that game, and made... Wait crap, never mind, I didn't mention that one.

The point is, just because there's not a direct plot hook (which, for the record, there totally is, but I wouldn't want them to use that one necessarily), doesn't mean they can't make another game similar to the original, but improved upon. So yes, there is a difference between a sequel like Mass Effect 2, which was obviously needed to continue the story, and one like Paper Mario 2, or Uncharted 2, which didn't continue the story, but told a new one with the same characters, and, in both cases, was even better than the first. Just because there's a difference, doesn't mean there's anything intrinsically wrong with either approach. As much as I love Psychonauts, I acknowledge there were serious problems with that game, like the clunky platforming I mentioned. There's room for improvement, and that's what a sequel could do. There are some games where I wouldn't want a sequel, because that world has already been explored to it's fullest, such as Grim Fandango, or the aforementioned Bioshock (man I sure do hate Bioshock 2...), but the world Psychonauts created still has plenty of potential for exploration, in my opinion.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Zuldim said:

Why is there anything wrong with wanting the developers to make more of a game I liked?

Nothing. I just want more specificity than "a sequel". Wrong terminology. "Going Treasure" would be the better term, since Treasure does what I'm assuming a lot of people want: let games stand on their own while developing gameplay concepts in other games.

mcmax3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#136  Edited By mcmax3000

The fact that this thread has reached seven pages, and nobody has mentioned Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge makes me sad.

Also, it was an original Xbox game that I think very few played, or even heard of, but with online multiplayer, I think a sequel to Deathrow would be awesome.

Zuldim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Zuldim

@Video_Game_King said:

@Zuldim said:

Why is there anything wrong with wanting the developers to make more of a game I liked?

Nothing. I just want more specificity than "a sequel". Wrong terminology. "Going Treasure" would be the better term, since Treasure does what I'm assuming a lot of people want: let games stand on their own while developing gameplay concepts in other games.

First of all, I have no idea what "going treasure" means, second of all, I want a sequel. I want a follow up. Called Psychonauts 2. Set in that world. Using those characters. Telling a new story with them.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Zuldim:

That's probably because it's a term I made up on the spot. Treasure, in case you want some clarification.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By penguindust

@thebunnyhunter said:

Maximo: Both of the games in this series were pretty neat action platformers with some great levels......i want more.

Yes, I loved the first one and enjoyed the sequel. If they put out a downloadable Maximo 3 I'd be all over it. It was certainly a challenging game series, but no as bad as some paint these days.

I'd don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but I can't figure out why they haven't made another The World Ends With You.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Example1013

Star Wars The Force Unleashed.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#141  Edited By EpicSteve

I want a sequel to War of the Monsters, Onimusha, an actual evolution to Pokemon.

ShatterShock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By ShatterShock

Star Fox (64), F-Zero, Star Wars Episode 1 Racer, Star Wars Rogue Squadron.

Wrect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Wrect

I would love a conclusion to The Longest Journey series.

Unmada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Unmada

@FancySoapsMan: Skies of Arcadia is always the first game this question brings to my mind. The setting is still my favorite game world, and the combat system remains my favorite RPG combat to this day. I'd be a little worried if a sequel actually were in the works now, though. Whatever weird alchemy made that game so appealing to me probably wouldn't be replicated with how much time has passed, both for any original creators and for my tastes.

ManU_Fan10ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By ManU_Fan10ne

@Panpipe said:

VALKYRIA CHRONICLES

No Caption Provided

And not some bullshit portable console sequel. Fully fledged PS3/4 sequel, bringing back the original crew that we learnt to love. And if you haven't played the original yet, buy it, even if you think anime is a load of hogwash.

This.

mercutio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By mercutio123
@pyrodactyl: Would that be a Persona 5 or a Persona 4-2 ala Final Fantasy? 

And I want a proper old school Tony Hawk 5.
pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By pyrodactyl

@mercutio123 said:

@pyrodactyl: Would that be a Persona 5 or a Persona 4-2 ala Final Fantasy?

Persona 5 is set up in Persona 4 arena and the implications for the universe are AMAZING. That or they take all these complex storylines, great characters and they cram them into another non interactive fighting game story. In that case: FUUUUUUUUUCK.

Best scenario for P5 would be: all new cast of main characters and heavy interactions between characters from P3-4-5.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By egg

@Landon said:

@egg said:

@Landon said:

@egg said:

@Landon said:

@egg said:

@Landon said:

@egg said:

No Caption Provided

I don't know what "take self too serious story line" means.

That Knuckles looks weird, but not in the same way I described. Also, I'm just gonna call that a weird camera angle, in the cutscenes I've seen he looks fine compared to everyone else, probably because the game is obviously set in a cartoon world.

And even if every character looked like that, it doesn't matter because there are no realistic looking humans around to compare them to, so the art style isn't clashing with anything. In the anime, the humans didn't look realistic, they looked like anime characters, and Sonic looked like an anime character, so the art style isn't clashing with anything. In Sonic '06 there were realistic looking humans, but since Sonic is a fucking cartoon character they tried to design him in a way that would look natural in real life, creating his massive head and long limbs.

Also:

Developer interview. They drop the word "realistic" multiple times. I'm not sitting here THINKING the game is set in a real world, that's how the game was designed.

By posting the Riders pic I was pointing out that Sonic's proportions varied from game to game. (or at least it used to until Sonic Unleashed PS360 introduced "Modern Sonic") So I fail to see how Sonic The Hedgehog (2006) warrants singling out, in fact Sonic's appearance in this particular title didn't stray from other versions any more than they did from each other. (SA1 Sonic compared to SA2 Sonic, and SA2 Sonic compared to Heroes, and the DX version, and the official artwork, and so on) In Sonic The Hedgehog (2006), Sonic actually looks pretty fecking normal relatively speaking, especially in CG cutscenes. Attributing his appearance to being in the real world seems pointless to me. (even if the whole "real world" thing wasn't a load of crap) It's superficial argument. I can maybe respect that you don't like the way the model looks, because opinions, but less so when you try to back it up with an arbitrary correlation to the game trying to be in the real world. (and then posting a dev interview as if it has to do with anything) Do you even look at the model before deciding whether you like it, or did you decide it looked stupid just because of what the dev said?

After all this is what you wrote: "In Sonic '06 there were realistic looking humans, but since Sonic is a fucking cartoon character they tried to design him in a way that would look natural in real life, creating his massive head and long limbs."

Uhm, if they were trying to make Sonic look natural next to humans, wouldn't his head be smaller than it usually is, rather than bigger? Therefore aren't you actually just saying that Sonic looks stupid in general, at least when placed next to realistic humans, because his head is much bigger than theirs?..... Because Sonic has a big head in general regardless of what game he's in?? For crying out loud.

p.s. That Knuckles pic I posted is not a weird camera angle. You say he looks fine in the cutscenes, but the fact is that separate characters models are used for gameplay and cutscenes. Betcha didn't even know that.

insouciant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#149  Edited By insouciant

Blast Corps.

nate6858

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#150  Edited By nate6858

RUNE. The multiplayer was so great. I want to run around with big melee weapons and hack people to bits again. It would probably fit into the free to play model pretty well too.