Brutal Legend help introduce me the extended tree of rock music. I didn't know that there were so many sub-genres of Heavy Metal music like: Thrash, Death Metal, Industrial, Viking, Black metal and the ubiquitous Glam Rock. Brutal Legend got me to listen to Motorhead, Megadeth, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, Girlschool, Motley Crew, Ministry, Ozzy Osbourne, KMFDM, Enslaved, Mastodon and Rob Zombie.
GTA Vice City gave me an appreciation for 80s music. I like that Rockstar did not picked cliche songs associated with that era.
- Blondie: Atomic
- The Psychedelic Furs: Love My Way
- Jan Hammer: Crockett's Theme
- Michael Jackson: Billie Jean
- Laura Branigan: Self Control (My favorite)
- Hashim: Al-Naafiysh (The Soul)
- Frankie Goes to Hollywood: Two Tribes
- Irakere: Aguanile
Burnout Paradise had songs that stuck with me and have enjoyed while I was driving.
- Us vs. Them: LCD Soundsystem
- Stand and Deliver: Adam and the Ants
- Rusty Cage: Soundgarden
- Cities in dust: Junkie XL featuring Lauren Rocket
Other games that had good soundtracks with licensed music is GTA; San Andreas, GTA V, Saints Row The Third. Silent Hill 2 is my favorite soundtrack of original music. My last game is Metal Gear Solid V The Phantim Pain. It has a great balance of licensed and original music by Ludvig Forssell.
- a-ha: Take On Me
- Billy Idol: Rebel Yell
- Dead or Alive: You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)
- Europe: The Final Countdown
My favorite song from MGSV.