What is a good headset for Xbox 360 and PS3

morkaithewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By morkaithewolf

I want to invest in a good one so I can enjoy my games when I'm actually home at the volume I want. (I work weird hours and by the time I can game it's around 2-3am and everyone else in the house is light sleepers so I usually have my tv low) I'm trying not to spend more than $200 but I want something I can use on both of my consoles when I switch between them. Any recommendations? (Doesn't matter if it's wired or wireless)

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By monkeyking1969

I don't have these, but if I were to buy a headset today I go with Astro A50. You can buy cheaper headsets, but you get what you pay for in most cases. I have a wired A40 set that I love, and yeah it was worth it because you can use them with anything PS3, XB360 and PC) out of the box. I've use my wired A40s & MixAmp with my PS3 and have never had an issue. I went wired because I didn't want to deal with interference from my neighbors. (I live in a close neighborhood with a ton of EM emissions coming form everyone else. ) Today I might go with a wireless set because they have better tech today and you can control everything from the headset itself. (Note: with XB360 you do have to plug the headset into the controller with a think cable...but that's Microsoft's fault for being dopes about how the chat works) I think the Astro A50s are worth a look, think of them as an investment.

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By spiceninja

The Turtle Beach headsets for 360 are supposed to be really great.

DocDino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By DocDino

No headset recommendations, but if you're just going for console audio in to headphones, you can buy adapters very, very cheap from somewhere like Radio Shack that will adapt your audio cables into just a regular 3.5mm headphone jack. I did this for a very long time while I was playing consoles on a computer monitor.

gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By gosukiller

The Logitech F540 has served me well. It's wireless and feels good on the ears.

morkaithewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By morkaithewolf

Thank you for your advice everyone! I'm really eyeing those Astro A40's but think for now I'm gonna try DocDino's advice and look for an adapter to use until I can afford those A40's.

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By thatdutchguy

titan ax pro 

BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By BasketSnake

@MorkaiTheWolf said:

Thank you for your advice everyone! I'm really eyeing those Astro A40's but think for now I'm gonna try DocDino's advice and look for an adapter to use until I can afford those A40's.

I own the Tritton AX pro, astro a40 and denon ah-d1100. Trittons fail big time (seriously) at the comfort-level. They're very heavy and you want to burn them once you put on the astros. Tiny speakers won't produce accurate sounds. They sound almost compressed but they are superior when it comes to surround performance. Spacial surround or whatever is insane on those things. Astro40's don't have any flaws at all and the surround effect from the amp is right up there with the Trittons. The denons have even better rounded bass and razor sharp acoustics. They're the best I've ever tried. Whatever you choose, don't buy the Trittons.