• 51 results
TJUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TJUK

Jeff's twitter indicates he has flown into LA. Does anyone know what he's there for?

Thanks

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

E3 judges?

Just a guess

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

He flew down there just to confuse internet stalkers.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Probably E3 Judges week. That happens in LA at around this time of year.

Avatar image for green_incarnate
Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Green_Incarnate

Hot dogs.

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

#6  Edited By Danteveli

He gets to see all the E3 games before E3 so he can start writing about them now and publish as the embargo is lifted.

Unilad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Unilad

WARNING: Potential Stalker.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

This isn't within the realm of just liking videogames any more now guys, you fucking creeps.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@i_smell said:

This isn't within the realm of just liking videogames any more now guys, you fucking creeps.

Twitter is public you know.

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By WalkerTR77

He's being brought on to consult on the Fast & Furious series.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Akeldama

Creepy shit in this thread.

JNSK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JNSK

He said in the latest Jar Time (I believe) that he's been thinking about going on a vacation; maybe that's what's up. Then again, why would he go to L.A. for that? It's probably judges week...

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By alternate

It is E3 judges and calling this stalkerish is so overreacting.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Ravenlight

@jk3107 said:

Then again, why would he go to L.A. for that?

He's taking time of to go spelunking in an abandoned Four Loko factory. And where is it located? In LA, of course.

E3 mystery: Solved.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 MattyFTM  Moderator

@i_smell said:

@akeldama said:

@unilad said:

If you guys think this is creepy or stalkery, you clearly haven't spent enough time on the GB forums.

"Which Giant Bomb staff member would you fuck if you had to" is creepy. This is just inquisitive. Its generally pretty safe to assume that when Jeff travels, its related to video games. Which is relevant to the site. Which is in turn is relevant to the users. If he was away on personal business it would be creepy or stalkery, but that almost certainly isn't the case.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@mattyftm: Indeed, Jeff doesn't have a personal life; he exists only on the internet.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Jeff doesn't take vacations. This is suspicious. He's also apparently found the tracking big I installed in his car since its impossible he's been parked outside of a Dominos for two weeks!

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By Alexander
@mattyftm said:

If you guys think this is creepy or stalkery, you clearly haven't spent enough time on the GB forums.

Or the internet in general, people have no idea.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Darji

@unilad said:

How? If he would not tweet it or make his twitter private than it would be stalking but if its public it is not stalking.

As for the question: Should be judges week.

excast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys <heavy breathings> ... Which Giantbomb staffer would you most like to sit on a cake with? <heavier breathing>

/end creepiness

But yeah, it is like 4 weeks before E3, so I would imagine this is when all that judging nonsense happens.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Web 3.0

When no one has the right to stop someone from posting things publicly for others to see, but no one has the right to see things that are posted publicly.

Avatar image for deactivated-61356eb4a76c8
deactivated-61356eb4a76c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Why is everyone on this site so obsessed with calling everything creepy? Jeff posted about this on his twitter, the same twitter the staff encourages people to follow on the front page.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

He went to hang out with Riff Raff.

TJUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TJUK

@darji said:

@unilad said:

How? If he would not tweet it or make his twitter private than it would be stalking but if its public it is not stalking.

I didn't mean to come across as stalker-ish with this thread. E3 judges week hadn't occurred to me at the time, though I agree it makes sense as the most likely reason for his trip.

At the time of posting I had assumed he was in LA to visit a developer about some new game or other. The implication being that there might be some related coverage coming up on the site this week. Like the GTA5 thing for example.

Sorry if this came across as stalker-ish. Jeff posted the fact that he was in LA on his twitter but didn't say why (not that he is obliged to of course). That was all that piqued my interest.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tjuk said:

@darji said:

@unilad said:

I didn't mean to come across as stalker-ish with this thread. E3 judges week hadn't occurred to me at the time, though I agree it makes sense as the most likely reason for his trip.

At the time of posting I had assumed he was in LA to visit a developer about some new game or other. The implication being that there might be some related coverage coming up on the site this week. Like the GTA5 thing for example.

Sorry if this came across as stalker-ish. Jeff posted the fact that he was in LA on his twitter so it didn't occur to me this would be an issue.

Don't worry its not. People are just using these words way too fast these days^^

The GT event is as far as I know in Silverstone so its in Great Britain^^

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tjuk said:

@darji said:

@unilad said:

Sorry if this came across as stalker-ish. Jeff posted the fact that he was in LA on his twitter so it didn't occur to me this would be an issue.

You didn't come off as a stalker at all.
These people just have a knack for using big words they don't actually know the meaning of. So carry on!

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I suspect he is going to dip a sandwich into a sauce.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By alternate

You creeps should leave Jeff alone. It isn't like he goes to LA for E3 judges this time ever year, mentioned a month a go that E3 judges was coming up, mentioned on Jar Time that E3 judges was around the corner, commented on his tumbler that he likes to go to E3 judges as he connects with a lot of his peers from other sites, said on the Friday show that he would be out all next week and then live tweeted from the plane and landing in LA.

If he wanted you to know what he was doing he would have said something, so respect his privacy!

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think dipping a delicious sandwich into yummy sauce is creepy.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Twitters a public forum guys, stop giving the OP a hard time.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

I don't know. I've been in these bushes outside his hotel. He hasn't woken up yet.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Darji

I don't know. I've been in these bushes outside his hotel. He hasn't woken up yet.

You know hotels have back-doors right?

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

@darji said:

@epicsteve said:

Yeah, but you need a guest key. I'd register with the hotel but I don't want my name on the books if theres...an accident.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@darji said:

@epicsteve said:

Hotels aren't the only things with back d-alright that's taking the joke too far, now. My apologies.

TJUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never expected this thread to be so much fun. :)

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

He went to hang out with Riff Raff.

This. RAP GAME WHITE GRIMACE SON.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By louiedog

I don't know why this is creepy. Jeff often travels for the work that he does for this site. People are wondering what he's working on. What's creepy about that? Now, if the answer was that he was on vacation and the trip was personal and people started prying into that, then it's creepy.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bbalpert said:

@darji said:

@epicsteve said:

Hotels aren't the only things with back d-alright that's taking the joke too far, now. My apologies.

Loading Video...

Haven't seen this video in a long time. glad I remembered it^^

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Oh, so that's what I heard? I was sitting in my car with a sound amplifier pointed at his window and I could have sworn I heard what sounded like somebody repeatedly sticking their finger in a can of silly putty.

Unilad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tjuk said:

@darji said:

@unilad said:

You didn't come off as a stalker at all.

These people just have a knack for using big words they don't actually know the meaning of. So carry on!

You clearly have a knack for not understanding humour, even when it sits on your face. Surely the hyperbolic use of 'Stalker' was a give away. (....Or ridiculous use of capitals in 'WARNING')

However, I did not mean to cause any offence, and you certainly have no need to apologise.

Yours sincerely,

'These people'

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

For the record, it's almost definitely E3 Judges Week, as a whole lot of people I follow on Twitter are in L.A. right now and there was a lengthy conversation between Jeff, Abbie Heppe, and some of the HMX people about a karaoke bar they like to go to during judges' week last night. Pope started it 'cause he's NOT at E3 Judges' week.

I didn't do ANY digging to see that conversation, it just played out on my Twitter feed. But, well, maybe that exposes some of the ways Twitter is super-weird.

Eidderf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know this is a bit off-topic but when exactly is E3 this year, with all these next-gen press conferences and Nintendo's online direct stuff I've lost track of when it all actually kicks off properly.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Darji

@eidderf said:

I know this is a bit off-topic but when exactly is E3 this year, with all these next-gen press conferences and Nintendo's online direct stuff I've lost track of when it all actually kicks off properly.

Conferences are all on June 10th and I think the day after E3 opens.

Avatar image for deathstriker666
deathstriker666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sure if the staff actually cared about people "stalking" them then they wouldn't post anything public on Twitter.... or run a website centered around on their distinct personalities. Because lets face it, there's not much else to please a daily audience if you're just going to cover video games. If they did care they brought it on themselves.

skelington_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By skelington_

@jams said:

@epicsteve said:

Oh, so that's what I heard? I was sitting in my car with a sound amplifier pointed at his window and I could have sworn I heard what sounded like somebody repeatedly sticking their finger in a can of silly putty.

:D

Fuckin' A.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mattyftm said:

@i_smell said:

@akeldama said:

@clonedzero said:

@unilad said:

"Which Giant Bomb staff member would you fuck if you had to" is creepy. This is just inquisitive. Its generally pretty safe to assume that when Jeff travels, its related to video games. Which is relevant to the site. Which is in turn is relevant to the users. If he was away on personal business it would be creepy or stalkery, but that almost certainly isn't the case.

ya personality cult disorder goes shit crazy around here.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

PrE3.

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By SeanFoster

I just looked at the picture he posted on Twitter of his E3 judges notebook. How much lower can I go? What next, pedophilia?

Avatar image for renegadedoppelganger
RenegadeDoppelganger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really interested to know the dynamic during Judges week. Is it super casual where everyone reaches a consensus easily or are their heated battles over what games make the cut (similar to how the GB GOTY discussions play out).