What is the Best Batman game

• 57 results
ScottyHawkeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 36

Poll What is the Best Batman game (261 votes)

Batman Arkham City 27%
Batman Arkham Asylum 59%
Batman Arkham Knight 7%
Batman Arkham Origins 2%
Batman: A Telltale Series 1%
Batman: A Telltale Series: The Enemy Within 2%
Lego Batman 0%
Lego Batman 2: DC Superheroes 0%
Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham 0%
Batman Vengeance 0%
The Adventures of Batman and Robin 0%
Batman 1%
Batman Return of the Joker 0%
Batman Returns 1%

Happy Batman Day

• 
TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#51  Edited By TheHT
  • Arkham Knight for feeling like Batman
  • Arkham Asylum for Batman story
  • Arkham City for balance of both

Prefer Knight myself.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By NTM

Arkham Knight in my opinion. If you go back to Asylum, which was my favorite, it feels kind of bare-bones by comparison to what came after (and I am not referring to Riddler trophies). To me, in terms of the Arkham games, and it'll be back asswards to others, it goes Arkham Knight, Origins, Asylum, then City. The atmosphere of Asylum was what made it special, or what makes me look back on it fondly; the combat and story are just great additions. I thought City was a bore in almost every way and is one of those games that could put me to sleep and I didn't much like the writing. The twists in the story were the only decent parts. Origins came out and I didn't play it for a long time because it looked like more City (and environmentally, it is hit and miss; some aspects better than what City had to offer, and in other ways even worse), but when I finally played it, I realized it has arguably the best story in the series and a fantastic soundtrack. I also enjoyed playing it.

Arkham Knight comes out and although I got it day one, I was cautiously optimistic because City disappointed me so much I already kind of lost faith in Rocksteady, but it turns out it takes the best from Asylum, the best from Origins, and puts it in a map size like City and it just works. One of my only issues with Knight was the fact that you have to complete all the Riddler side missions to get the final, final ending. I won't ever do it. Now, if we're not referring to the Arkham games, the only other Batman game I care about and will honestly call one of my favorite beat em ups is Batman Returns. Believe it or not, but the first level where you can impactfully slam enemies into walls is something I still think about when I play certain games. I'm currently playing the Yakuza games, and as much as I enjoy them, I wish I could just slam enemies easily into walls similar to Returns. If Kiryu could take a guy by the collar and throw them with one arm onto a wall of glass and the glass cracks, that would be cool.

MrGreenMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Obviously it's the Batman Forever arcade game.

thevamp25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why no Batman Begins? lol.

Arkham Asylum is the best.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

Knight could have been it, but the story goes in too many directions in the middle, the reveal of the Knight felt like it was building to a twist that it then head-faked to the most obvious answer to avoid, and the Batmobile, my GOD, the Batmobile...

I like City for how it built on Asylum. I get people preferring the claustrophobia (plus the best Scarecrow/hallucination parts in the entire franchise) of Asylum, but having played it recently, there was a lot still missing. A lot of good quality-of-life stuff that City put in and got right. I also love that its storyline is the most comic-booky and ludicrous.

@sethmode said:
@49th said:

I just want to say that Origins is a lot better than people give it credit for. The reception to that game was pretty negative since it was made by the "B team" but it's actually a pretty solid game where I would say the story the best/second best of all the Arkham games.

And it actually had good boss fights!

This is something it never gets credit for, especially in light of Arkham Knight reducing Deathstroke to a glorified hide-and-seek tank chase.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@undeadpool: The Deathstroke boss fight in Origins is one of my favorite Batman game moments, period. So good! And yesh...then Knight's version happened. Ugh.