What is the crossover with comic vine and the old whiskey sites ?

sean2206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By sean2206

sean2206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By sean2206

Just wondering while reading a mention of Giant bomb over on Comic vine what is the actual crossover of the communities and how many people here also use CV or the old whiskey sites like screened or Tested.

Personally I used to use just GB, Screened and occasionally Tested but after Alex and Rorie went it got pretty bad. Nowadays I only use CV and GB and both are pretty great.

What about everyone else ?

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#3  Edited By Kidavenger
project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By project343

Back when they were all together, I dabbled a bit on Screened and Tested every now and then. Would hardly consider myself 'invested' in either community though.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By JoeyRavn

I used to go to Comic Vine, but the community is terrible. 95% of the discussion in those forums is "X vs Y" and why WWH Hulk at full power would curbstomp Galactus and Superman at the same time. The other 5% is either Sara Lima worshipping or complaining about every single minor change DC or Marvel make to their series. Think the whole DmC or ME3 stuff, but ten times as bad. Every day.

Tested is good, though. Very good since they were purchased. They got a lot more to work with and Adam Savage is a great guy. He has honest, sincere chemistry with Will and Norm, and that shows in the content they make.

FunkasaurasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By FunkasaurasRex

RIP Screened

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kerned

GB and Tested for me. Why did you make a "GB and Comic Vine" option, but bundle "Screened/Tested" into a singular non-specific option??

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By iamjohn

@FunkasaurasRex said:

RIP Screened
Avatar image for chadmasterflash
ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

GB and Tested.

sean2206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sean2206

Oh shit. I just assumed Anime Vice had closed up shop for some reason. Sorry.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Justin258

@JoeyRavn said:

I used to go to Comic Vine, but the community is terrible. 95% of the discussion in those forums is "X vs Y" and why WWH Hulk at full power would curbstomp Galactus and Superman at the same time. The other 5% is either Sara Lima worshipping or complaining about every single minor change DC or Marvel make to their series. Think the whole DmC or ME3 stuff, but ten times as bad. Every day.

Tested is good, though. Very good since they were purchased. They got a lot more to work with and Adam Savage is a great guy. He has honest, sincere chemistry with Will and Norm, and that shows in the content they make.

Our reprehensible users seem to stick mostly to the comments sections on videos and articles. Which I'm not entirely a stranger to, but they exist and they post.

Luckily, they seem to stay away from here.

Oh... me? I have visited Anime Vice and I've looked into Tested And Comic Vine occasionally, but I never have spent much time there. I don't have much interest in comics, so it was more of a "let's check this out for two minutes" visit.

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By Trilogy

I'm not sure if your poll is for before the whiskey split or after so I picked C.

These days I only use GB. I was never a part of the other communities or anything, but I did use to read Screened reviews. Rorie and Alex were this weird exception I had in my hatred of the typical movie critic. I'm still bummed that Rorie never came to giant bomb. I miss the guy. Glad he's working, though.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By TheHT

GB and Tested with the occasional Comic Vine if something catches my interest on the GB footer.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GB and every now and then I look at Tested a bit. If I want to know something about a comic character, I will go to the Comic Vine wiki. Edit: Before the split, I visited Screened daily.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Bane122

None of the options really fit me. In order of frequency, I go to GB, Tested, and CV.

When Rorie was off of Screened, so was I.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By subject2change

Not invested in any. I tried Comic Vine but it's the usual Superhero crap books. Tested was too engineering heavy for me, aka not just PCs and such. And Screened was fine, but I don't really read TV recaps and If I do I use TV without Pity.

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By weltal

@Kidavenger: I like to believe he left Anime Vice out because there's no question that we all visit the site everyday.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By ShadowConqueror

I was never really interested in the other sites. I'm not interested in Comic Vine or Tested because of their subjects, Anime Vice had no real staff for a long time, and I simply didn't like Screened that much (I like Rorie a lot, though).

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RE_Player1

I tried to get into ComicVine but it never stuck, still willing to try though. When Whiskey was still a thing I read everything on Giant Bomb, Tested and Screened as well as watched and listened to all the content. Haven't been on Screened or Tested since the break up.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By JoeyRavn

@believer258 said:

Our reprehensible users seem to stick mostly to the comments sections on videos and articles. Which I'm not entirely a stranger to, but they exist and they post.

Luckily, they seem to stay away from here.

I thanks the Heavens or whoever be responsible for that, because it's a blessing that very few people get to appreciate. These forums and this community are, most of the time, top notch. At least compared to other, darker corners of the Internet...

I do go from time to time to Comic Vine to read Tony Guerrero's posts, though. Tony is a cool guy, I respect him. But every interaction with the community I've had or seen has been catastrophic. And, hey, this comes from a guy doing his PhD about comic books... I should be used to that kind of "discussion"? by now.

Ryuku_Ryosake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Ryuku_Ryosake

I visit Giant Bomb and Comic Vine regularly and listen all the podcasts. I only occasionally visit Tested to see if they got any good videos but I still listen to This is Only a Test and Still Untitled weekly. I used to got to Anime Vice when Tom Pinchuck started doing his anime reviews from the eyes of an American comic creator but he eventually ran out of anime that I cared about. I also quickly jumped the Screened ship along with Rorie.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d4cf64585b7
deactivated-57d4cf64585b7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just go through the forums on here and visit the site pretty much daily. I can not say the last time I visited the other sites because I do not really care about comics, or movies really.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad
deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JoeyRavn said:

Their content has been better than ever.

nintendork666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By nintendork666

Giant Bomb, Comic Vine, AND Anime Vice.

I have no life.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#25  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Well, GB is the only one that I actively participate with, but I do read some of the stuff on Comic Vine and Tested from time to time. Not really sure if that corresponds with a poll choice though...

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#26  Edited By Yummylee

I rarely ever posted on Screened's forums, but I loved both their written and video content. In fact I'd go as far as to say that Screened was a better movie/tv editorial site than GB is as a video games site. Screened just had so much more variety for their features.

As for GB, I like to give it a look see every now and then...

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Levius

Only GB. Nothing against the sites but I'm not invested enough in any other their subject matter to stay there. I thought about checking out Tested after the buyout, but the website was jacked and I never went back. I suppose I could have used Screened when it was Alex and Rorie but I usually stick to UK sources for films as I get bummed out when I have to wait weeks for a well reviewed film to come out.

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By forkboy

I enjoyed Screened when Rorie & Alex wrote for it & would post there semi-regularly. I've really lost track of new releases since Behind The Screened Door ended. Would kind of love Alex & Rorie to start a new film podcast but that'll not happen! I still look at Tested occasionally but really just listen to their podcasts to be honest.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#29  Edited By DarthOrange

Just Giant Bomb now, though I used to use Screened before it went to shit.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BisonHero

@JoeyRavn said:

Anybody get the sense that Jamie is kind of just a dick, but that he reels it in during Mythbusters/they edit it well enough that he seems alright? Savage always seems like the guy who is easy going and fun to interview and is willing to interact with all types.

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31  Edited By Mushir

I fucking miss Screened. I know it still exists, but I couldn't stay there without Rorie. It was really sad to see what happened to Rorie after the merging with CBS. Glad to see he has a job again now.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Hunter5024

I just use Giantbomb and Comicvine. Also on CV I don't really interact with the forums at all. As a new reader, so far I've found that I don't really relate to anybody in the comic community, also I think battle threads are pretty lame. I used to use Screened as well, but stopped once the split happened.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#33  Edited By GunstarRed

I visit Comic Vine for the occasional article/video/review. I take one glance at the forums on the front page and am immediately put off. I adore comics, my love for them has grown a lot in the last couple of years, but I have zero interest in discussing the stories or who is more powerful than who. If thise site had Solid Snake VS Raiden posts i'd probably cry.

Listen to the CV podcasts also. Tony and Sara are great, and I always love listening to James Robinson.

Screened. I tried and I tried to be active in the community, but it was the worst. I kept telling myself it would get better and stuck around on the site for longer than I should because I like Rorie. The forums to begin with were just a bunch of "The Dark Knight is the bestest movie ever" talk. I tried to have conversations with people and I loved having a place to list films, but it really wasn't for me, which is a real shame as I'm far more knowledgeable about films than I am games.

Giant Bomb sucks.

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By johncallahan

Man of all the old Whiskey Sites, Screened is the most tragic. I feel that Giant Bomb, Tested, and Comic Vine have all gotten better over the last year (aside from the less frequent guest appearances), but Screened. Man. That was probably the site I found most useful, now with that and The Totally Rad Show gone, I have no idea where to go for my movie fix any more.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#35  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I still go to Jamie and Adam's Tested every once in a while. They do some interesting things over there.

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#36  Edited By skrutop

I used to be somewhat active on Screened when Rorie and Alex were there, but right after they split most of the community bailed. That site is fucking dead. Seeing as how nothing has been done with it for all of this time, I doubt it'll ever resurface.

C2C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By C2C

I am exclusively GB. I liked going to Screened before the split, but that is not the case anymore.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b43dadb9061b
deactivated-5b43dadb9061b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FunkasaurasRex said:

RIP Screened

@iAmJohn said:

@FunkasaurasRex said:

RIP Screened
Draxyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Draxyle

I still visit Tested now and then, but that was the only other WM site I ever really visited. Only touched Anime Vice on rare occasions.

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Screened was cool. I have no use for current day Tested. Comic Vine, lolno.