What is the quickest you've ever returned/resold a game?

• 105 results
MeetThePyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

I sold Mass Effect: Andromeda yesterday. I was 7 hours in and I just found it super boring. Prior to this the quickest I had gotten rid of a game was Pokemon Battle Revolution for the Wii. I wasn't aware of how much you needed the DS games to enjoy it so I returned it the same day I got it. What is the fastest you've gotten rid of a video game?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I sold my X-Box and a bunch of PS2 games to save some space about 8 years after I bought them. Haven't sold anything before or since.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By BabyChooChoo

I normally keep every game I buy. A few days after I beat FFXV, a friend came over. "You want this?" and I handed him the game.

He came over last week. "I don't want this either."

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

AC3 I had for maybe half a week but couldn't handle the framerate, so I ended up trading it in for Dark Souls.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One week. Assassins Creed.

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't tend to buy games unless I plan on keeping them. That being said, after trying Valhalla Knights on the psp and hearing how buggy the sound was and how..not great to me the game seemed I returned it the very next day.

enemymouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

GTAV in under 2 hours, as per Steam limit. Road and city disappeared on first mission no matter what settings.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Arkham knight, dishonored 2, and No man's sky were all games I bought and returned on the same day. So I guess less than 24 hours.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LeStephan

Soul caliber 5 is the only game i've ever returned. I liked it even less than 4, just really disliked how it felt and thought 'im not going to play this ever again when I can play soul caliber 2 instead whenever I want'. Brought it back the next day.

johnnyspectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I committed the cardinal sin of pre-ordering Destiny based on my love for everything Bungie had touched beforehand, and I didn't hold back - I went for the one that came with the plastic Peter Dinklage voicebox and everything. It ended up arriving late, and after the reviews went up, so it went straight back to the store. Never even opened it (and haven't tried it since, either).

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont resale or return games often unless they are broken. I did exchange my free copy or arkham knight for mgsv because it was broken(and i had a bought copy). I would have returned the last of us but i bought it digital(the only ps3 game i ever bought like that) put maybe 4 hrs into it.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Defiance for me. I bought it thinking it was Dishonored on steam. I didn't bother looking at any of the pictures, but when I realized my mistake, I contacted Valve customer support and got a refund, and this was back before their 2 hour refund program. I think that all took place within an hour, so that's definitely the quickest.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ravelle

Fighting Force the same day because I beat it within 3 hours of renting in.

Also the first UFC game on the same day on PSX, the controls were incomprehensible and then you got insta submitted. Frustrated and confused we returned the game and traded it in for something else.

Boss_Kowbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#14  Edited By Boss_Kowbel

Probably The Matrix: Path of Neo. Received it as a Christmas gift, beat it several times, then traded it in a week or so later. I don't regret it, but my parents likely did, seeing as they bought me the game in the first place. Otherwise, I usually keep any physical media in the shrink wrap nowadays (have to build that collection, you know). The games I actually play I either rent or purchase digitally.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Booted up Dirge of Cerberus for PS2. Couldn't invert controls. Made it maybe ten minutes into the game. Tried to return it and they wouldn't accept because it was open. Tossed it over the counter and left.

I was really young and stupid. I don't even play inverted anymore.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I've returned two games in my life. I hated Ninja Gaiden Sigma so much that it had to go back after a couple days, this coming from someone that played just about every character action game out there.

And Killzone Shadow Fall as soon as I finished that bummer of a game.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I refunded Stardew Valley after an hour. I didn't hate what I played and I get the appeal, but I absolutely didn't feel like doing so much busy work and talking to NPCs everyday.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If not counting for a few Steam refunds where I still got my money back, there has been at least a few physical games from years back.

I think the one I returned fastest was Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. I wasn't super into the gameplay, but it was the rough framerate on the PS3 version that made me quit. Took it to Gamestop the next day, I think, and chopped it's price off from another game that I probably did like playing.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

The only game I have ever returned in my life was Battlefield 4. That was the launch game I got with my PS4. It looked great, but the campaign wasn't really that fun, and then I got a corrupted save when I was in China. Since I didn't feel like restarting a mediocre game, I decided to get some money back for it so I could buy something else.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#20 fisk0  Moderator

The only game that comes to mind was RollerCoaster World for PS2 in the mid 00's. I returned it the same day as it turned out to have at most 15 minutes of content as the actual park management part of the game was near non-existent.

It also came with a bunch of pre-designed rollercoasters that would just kill the visitors.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Zurv

i return stuff a lot (i also buy a ton of stuff..)

recently i returned rimworld in like 5min... i didn't even make my world. i was going thru the creations and.. hrmm.. yeah.. this game isn't for me.

And while i didn't return it.. i did just get the switch.. put Zelda up on the tv... Link got off the bed. I didn't even walk out of the room..."oh god.. this isn't something that should be on a 65" screen.. " and shut it off. I'm pretty sure i'll never touch that switch again.

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zurv said:

And while i didn't return it.. i did just get the switch.. put Zelda up on the tv... Link good off the bed. I didn't even walk out of the room..."oh god.. this isn't something that should be on a 65" screen.. " and shut it off. I'm pretty sure i'll never touch that switch again.

I play 3 feet away from a 42" and it looks great, maybe some of you are oversharpening or something.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I rented Street Fighter V by mail, played it for a little bit, and sent it back the next day. Mind you this was the early weeks of this game before there was any reasonable amount of content added. Playing it made me realize at least two things:

1. There's fuck all single player content.

2. If I were to ever get competitive in this game I would need to buy a fight pad. Not a fight stick, I'm better with a pad. Given how tepid I was on the state of the game that did not seem like a worthwhile investment.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Zurv

@wynnduffy: i'm spoiled with OLED and 4k (and i have the horse power to play PC games in "real" 4k.) 900p and jaggy burns my eyes. After the update the for the PC emulator for the wii U in a week or two, i'll try Zelda again at 4k.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I rarely sell my games, but I resold No Man's Sky and Ridge Racer Unbounded pretty damn quickly.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

I sold Destiny about 2 weeks after I had bought it on launch day. I was so underwhelmed by what it actually turned out to be versus what it was sold as. I felt no reason to keep it. About the same time frame for Modern Warfare 2, too. It still think that game has the best campaign in the CoD series, but I quickly realized with the changes they had made to the multiplayer that it turned to total dogshit and I no desire to continue it.

I think RE6 might've been less than two weeks. I got rid of it as soon as I finished it. I'm a die hard RE fan and also a completionist when it comes to collections. I've kept some truly rotten albums by some great bands just to have their entire catalogue. To get me to sell the newest entry in one of my favorite series, you just know that game had to be an abortion.

Relenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

After spending about an hour and a half with Fallout 4, I applied for a Steam refund and ended up just reinstalling New Vegas.

Also not buying but I remember renting Sonic Unleashed from Blockbuster, playing it for about an hour, and then immediately walking all the way back to return it.

Cronstintein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Cronstintein

I never really sold games but I did just recently refund Andromeda. I had 20 hours in it, so it's a bit shady, but I realized I was suffering from a bug preventing banter from triggering. That was the only part of the writing I actually enjoy in that game. That same night the mp d/c'd on me every 5 minutes, costing me several consumable boosts. I said fuck it and asked for a refund (which I got -- kudos to EA for that at least).

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

DOOM 3 for the original XBox, I returned it the next day.

I think I spent the entire time struggling to navigate through that damn PDA, where instead I wanted to shoot some damn demons!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61
deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

Can't really remember the quickest turnaround on a game sold, but I know the fastest I ever dropped a game and moved on: FFXV. Hated the story, combat, characters... Yuck.

blackcat0158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Star Wars Galaxies. I had it in my possession for about 20 minutes, at which point I realized the copy they sold me was not actually new, but had been, shall we say, previously enjoyed by one of the employees, and re-shrinkwrapped to appear as a new product.

I emailed Sony online entertainment (or whoever it was that took care of the online account stuff). I was asked to write the word "apple" on a piece of paper and take a picture of everything including the receipt and cd-key.
They were super nice, and had me print their email out and take it along with the game back to the store I got it from.
They immediately banned the account, and lodged a complaint with head office of the store. I got a $20 store credit in the mail for my troubles on top of my full refund.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Division. Within week 1 traded it back because I realized it was just Ubisoft Open World, yet again. I was already bored by level 20.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BaneFireLord

Not a return, but I beat Arkham Knight in about a week and resold it to a different store immediately after beating it (which awesomely turned out to be a net profit, since I got it at a launch discount at Target that was cheaper than the GCU resale price at Best Buy). I can count on one hand the number of times I've resold my games and Arkham Asylum is one of my favorite games ever made...how the mighty fall.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#34 gamer_152  Moderator

I never sell back a game but I did have a bad experience when I bought my Xbox 360. The first game I got with it was a second-hand Viva Pinata and the disc was busted.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't think of the last time I sold or traded in a game. I have a terrible habit of keeping all my games, even ones I hate. The closest I've come recently is with Titanfall 2 and Uncharted 4

hans_maulwurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I've returned four gaming related items in my life, everytime because they didn't work or stopped working: RE Racoon City on steam, the euro 2000 fifa game (technically my mom bought and returned that I guess), an n-gage and a nvidia 6600gt that I bought from the money I got back from returning the n-gage. The games within a couple days, the n-gage and the graphics card about a year later.

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By habster3

I returned Okami the day I got it. I know, I know, everyone really loved that game, but I just couldn't get into it. I've considered trying it out again, but it's not really a top priority for me.

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

is 2 games mk9 i returned it cause the disc had a manufacturing error but i did used all the codes before doing that then red steel i saw it for a dollar and played it for 5 minutes and traded it in for a ps3 game

Avatar image for deactivated-61356eb4a76c8
deactivated-61356eb4a76c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I returned Two Worlds (360) the day after I got it. A terrible game from top to bottom.

vocalcannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By vocalcannibal

I got a copy of Uncharted 4 with my PS4 and I'm not even going to open it. Sorry, Nathan Drake. It was never going to happen between us.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

LA Noire. Wow, that was a disappointment. It should have been a movie, because it was about as "interactive" as one.

Still the only game I've ever sold in over 30 years of playing video games.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spaceinsomniac: After all the hype I had for that game when it was first announced (and I was going through a noir stage at the time), the end result was so disappointing. I only rented it but that was more than enough time for me to play and beat it. The open world design was pointless and the story became incredibly convoluted. Even as a movie it would've been bad.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Bought Mario Party 8 and was super excited!!!!!

Brought it home, played one game by myself. Realized I won't ever play this with anyone ever. Sold it to Gamestop the next day.

Less than 24 hours.

DwarfThrower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bravely Default. The game play mechanics interested me, but once I heard the voice acting in the introductory cutscene, I tapped out.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shindig said:

One week. Assassins Creed.

That was the last game I ever rented from a physical video store. I'm glad I rented it instead of buying it. I 100%'d it in the week I had it.

For me, probably something on the Gamecube back when I used to trade in games a lot. I shouldn't have done that. I've ended up rebuying like half the games I traded in.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

Devil May Cry 2.

Bought it new, played it for a weekend and realized I had been LED ASTRAY. Only got ~$20 for it and then I very quickly realized Gamestop's business plan.

KamonKazu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By KamonKazu

It was before returns on steam were a thing, but I got 2 hours into Homefront before i closed it and uninstalled it on release day. I bought into the hype super hard, and I credit it with teaching me to have a critical eye for games. I still can fall into hype, but I'm always mindful of what an advertisement's job is now.

Xdeser2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Xdeser2

Empire: Total war. I bought it on a steam sale, and I love the total war games, but man, after testing out one skirmish battle I realized it was not the one for me. Steam refunds are great.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Got DMC2 on release, beat it in a day, returned it the next day. It's the only game I have ever returned or traded in.

Rocketskates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Re-volt for the Nintendo 64.

I remember because the shop assistant actually told me I could return it for the full price, instead of just trading it in.