What is your favorite Endurance Run game?

• 111 results
fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By fobwashed

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By fobwashed

I meant Endurance Run Series and not which game of the three do you like best.

sorry for being vague.

I've got a strong feeling I know what the favorite will be, but just because why not? -_-;;

juice8367

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By juice8367

Persona 4. No contest

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By ShadowConqueror

Persona 4 was great, Deadly Premonition had a great personality, and I had no interest in watching Chrono Trigger (partly because I'm not a fan of Patrick). I look forward to seeing what game they choose next.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By FluxWaveZ

The Persona 4: Endurance Run was the best thing that ever came out of Giant Bomb for me. So great.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By super2j

i caught the tail end of the persona run, so it meh, deadly premonition was full of amazing laughs. And i enjoyed chronotrigger and am pleased that i finally saw the end of the game(which i was apparently right at).

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By MetalBaofu

If you mean which ER itself, then I'm going to say Persona 4, but if you mean which of the 3 games do I personally like the best, then I don't think I can really decide between Persona 4 and Chrono Trigger.

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By IBurningStar
@juice8367 said:
Persona 4. No contest
matthias2437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By matthias2437

By far Deadly Premonition.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By crusader8463

I enjoyed the story of DP the most, but I enjoyed watching the P4 ER the most. Probably because it was my first time ever watching something like that, and I didn't find it, or the site, until around episode 100. So by the time I caught up after marathoning that for a good month or so they were near the end. That way I didn't have the let down of waiting an entire day for a new episode only to get one of those lame 10-15 min ones, and I never really had the annoyance of waiting weekends for cliff hangers.

I enjoyed the CT one, but it is by far the lesser of the three. Will be interested to see what Will and Norm come up with and if it's a game. Will doing an ER could be amazing.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By Claude

I really haven't seen one I liked enough to keep up with. I picked Deadly Premonition because I watched a few of those. When it ended, I watched the last episode for both teams.

Mahonay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mahonay

Deadly Premonition Endurance Run was pretty much nonstop hilarity. Every episode was pure gold. Easy decision for me.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By benspyda

Persona 4 by leagues. Oh Chie you punt those tanks.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Bocam

Afterburner Climax was the best ER

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I also consider Phantasmagoria an unofficial ER.

dietmango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By dietmango

Bad Dudes, obviously.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By McGhee

This isn't a valid poll. You left out Matrix Online.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@McGhee said:

This isn't a valid poll. You left out Matrix Online.

And Bad Dudes.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Rafaelfc

While I definitely respect Persona 4 and Chrono Trigger those are not my types of games... and I love stupid, so naturally, Deadly Premonition gets my vote.

As an aside it was the only endurance run I actually watched from start to finish.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By bybeach

I went with DP. Personna 4 was excellent, but something about Deadly Premonition, by both teams.. said Endurance Run even more though it was shorter, lacked polish and good combat. Deadly Premonition rocked. Personna 4 was great.

I do respect chrono Trigger, and though I watched very little of it I do intend to watch the archive. While fully respecting Ryan and Pat, I still consider it a 'Lets Play'. But the little bit I did check out I liked. In some ways I understand the choice.

dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By dtat

Persona 4 ER is orders of magnitude better than the others.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RE_Player1
@juice8367
Persona 4. No contest
kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By kindgineer

In terms of the best "game" ? Chrono Trigger. Persona 4 and Deadly Premonition will never come close to the amount of memories I have of that game. However, in terms of enjoyment and satisfaction I have gotten from all 3 of them, the order is thus:

1. Persona 4
  2. Chrono Trigger
  3. Deadly Premonition

I just liked the personality of the bombers playing Persona 4 and the zaniness of the game. It wasn't an amazing game, at least in my opinion, but what it lacked was more than made up for by the players. Chrono Trigger is just a favorite of mine and watching someone else play it for the first time and experience it makes me reflect on how I may have looked and acted on my first adventure through it. While I think Ryan and Patrick can use a little more practice with the chatter and jokes, they overall did a phenomenal job and I cannot wait for tomorrow when the live lavos fight gets archived (I missed it). Last, but not least, Deadly Premonition. What gave Persona 4 is drive was witty writing and great chatter during the game. DP really lacks from both of these. Out of the two, Vinny and Jeffy win the cup but the problem is their witty humor didn't make up for the fact that watching that game was extremely boring. I think the only thing worse could've been actually playing it and having to drive for an hour just to get to a shitty "pick this up" puzzler.

Devoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#24  Edited By Devoid

I think my answer is pretty obvious. Deadly Premonition's was pretty good, though.

And.. I'll finish watching Chrono Trigger someday. I stopped at episode 16.

devitiffany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By devitiffany

It's kind of hard to say really. I thought Persona 4 was great mostly for the constant banter between Vinny and Jeff and the constant stories they made up for the characters in the game. I thought Deadly Premonition was great because I actually REALLY enjoyed the story in the game and liked seeing the guy's reactions to the craziness. So they're kind of even for me.

InfiniteGeass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#26  Edited By InfiniteGeass

1.Persona 4.

2. Chrono Trigger

3. Deadly Premonition.

I bought Persona 4 because the early part of it's ER interested me a lot and it ended up becoming my favorite game.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#27  Edited By Phatmac

Persona 4 is the greatest thing ever and also the endurance run is nice.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By fobwashed

After watching the first few episodes of the Deadly Premonition ER, my friend and I picked up the game and began playing it for ourselves and had a blast. I watched the ER episodes as I was playing the game to see how the GB crew reacted to the insane story beats and situations we were encountering and it was extra enjoyable. The game really lends itself to great commentary since it's busted up, has a ridiculous story and I think everyone was caught by surprise at it's late game quality. Especially things like "F.K. In the coffee. Clear as day". My friend and I quoted that line over and over throughout our time with the game and were both floored by the revelation near the end. Not to mention the crazy twists that kept being revealed near the end.

I thought DP would win by a landslide but I guess I really need to go back and finish watching the P4 episodes. I stopped after around 10 or so then only watched random episodes. While Chrono Trigger is in my opinion the highest quality game of the three listed, the ER for that game is somewhat less entertaining than the others imo.

Also, I'd like to apologize again about the ambiguity of the poll question. And for excluding the Matrix, Bad Dudes and Phantasmagoria. Feel free to write them in yourselves -_-;;

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ajamafalous
@juice8367 said:
Persona 4. No contest
Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#30  Edited By Brendan

Although nostalgia will cause most people to forget the many episodes of walking through dungeon hallways and fightin' dudes, I still think that Persona 4 was the best. Jeff and Vinny were on fire so many times it was a joy to watch, and it's the only one of the three that I always watched without doing anything else at the same time.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#31  Edited By rjayb89

The one in the future. The Persona 7 one with Matt Kessler and Steve Ramirez. That one.

Edit: It's technically the seventh Persona game, but it's officially called Persona: Deadly Trigger.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32  Edited By Animasta

Phantasmagoria

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BulletproofMonk

Persona 4, but Chrono Trigger is a close second.

masterwgs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By masterwgs

I've never been so hyped watching duders play video games like I was today with the Lavos fight. It might not be the funniest, but I feel it does a great job of going from "We're goofing off and not paying attention" to "WE GOT YO NUMBAH, LAVOS!" and it feels incredibly cathartic. As someone who haphazardly plays RPGs like Ryan and Patrick did, I absolutely related to them and enjoyed every second of the run.

Really hoping for more ERs like it in the future, though, based on the poll results, the rest of you aren't.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#35  Edited By JasonR86

Persona 4.

Deadly Premonition was kind of boring and Chrono Trigger was really boring (I stopped watching around episode 30).

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#36  Edited By dagas

Persona no question, but I'm looking forward towards Will and Norms Star Wars Lego endurence run on Tested. That is Star Wars Lego not Lego Star Wars so they build Lego not play the video game.

@Animasta said:

Phantasmagoria

Awarded for best hair checking simulation.(how come none of the screens from the game has her checking her hair in a mirror? I think the screens grossly misrepresents the game)

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#37  Edited By musubi

Deadly Premonition was great. I'm still going through the B&R episodes but the V&J run was amazing. Vinny and Jeff need to team up on more things. Vinny's OCD need to complete everything colliding with Jeff's absolute hatred of that is comedy gold.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By dagas

@MasterWGS said:

I've never been so hyped watching duders play video games like I was today with the Lavos fight. It might not be the funniest, but I feel it does a great job of going from "We're goofing off and not paying attention" to "WE GOT YO NUMBAH, LAVOS!" and it feels incredibly cathartic. As someone who haphazardly plays RPGs like Ryan and Patrick did, I absolutely related to them and enjoyed every second of the run.

Really hoping for more ERs like it in the future, though, based on the poll results, the rest of you aren't.

Dude what? The last episode I can find is 41 from Jan 23rd and there is no Lavos fight there as far as I can see. Or are you talking about the time when they fought Lavos and got their asses kicked all those episodes ago? Or is the Jan 24 episode not turning up for me for some reason?

MisterMouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39  Edited By MisterMouse

For some reason Chrono Trigger didn't stick with me, with about 7 episodes left I just couldn't watch any more. That has nothing to do with the game, which is probably an enjoyable one and I am planning to play soon enough, but I just don't think it was ideal for an Endurance Run. I enjoyed the dual nature of Deadly Premonition and the kind of competition that rose up out of it, but I enjoyed the characters and the reactions to them in Persona 4

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Cold_Wolven

Deadly Premonition, man that game was so wacky and charming even if the game play was dull.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#41  Edited By musubi

@dagas: They did a livestreaming episode today took them about 3hrs but they finished the rest of the game in one sitting.

StingerMK2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#42  Edited By StingerMK2

CT is the only one i felt the desire to watch on a daily basis and the one i found most consistently entertaining so i picked that, truth of the matter is that all 4 of the runs are really entertaining pieces of content, i do think some people have rose tinted glasses over some aspects of the older ERs though, alot of dungeon crawling on both games. however i will say the CT one did lack the sense of discovery for the community that the DP and P4 ones had, i tend to read a few comments at the end of each episode and the CT comments started becoming unbearable, but never having played CT myself there was still a huge sense of discovery for me at least

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Dan_CiTi

Both my favorite ER and favorite game that has been an ER is Persona 4.

NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By NathHaw

Persona 4 ER is so far my favorite. For those who weren't there for it as it was happening for seven months or whatever it was, you'll never understand.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#45  Edited By spazmaster666

Persona 4 because it was the first and original endurance run (and at 155 episodes, a TRUE endurance run) and also because I love Persona 4. The Deadly Premonition ER was pretty good as well but not quite as good as its predecessor. As for the Chrono Trigger ER, I've only seen about half the episodes but it's definitely my least favorite ER out of the three.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Persona 4, this is a no-brainer. It is not only the best Endurance Run, the truest of all of the Endurance Runs in that it actually took time and endurance, but it is also my favorite game of the three. 

I sadly just fell off of the CT ER after about 10 episodes. So much dead air, much less entertaining stuff going on in the game, and Patrick and Ryan just straight-up don't have the rapport to keep the episodes moving at an entertaining pace. I'll finish it at some point, but, it's sad that I've recognized there's better content on the site than the most recent ER, as the ER has always stood far above the others in terms of content excellence.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#47  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

DP, so says Mr. Stewart.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadly Premonition - I found it is the most entertaining.

I though the Persona 4 ER, while hilarious at times, had too much downtime and some boring-ass parts with only fusing or combat.

Isn't that right, Zach.

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By asurastrike

I chose Deadly Premonition because its the only game of the three that I hadn't already played, which made it more entertaining.

Simplexity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Simplexity

P4 ER was like a larger then life event, was really bummed out when it ended, like I had no idea what to do with my life after they were done. So it wins easily.