What is your favorite Zelda game of all time? (Question of the Day 8-17-10)

• 64 results
astrotriforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By astrotriforce
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

I've only played Ocarina of Time =(

astrotriforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By astrotriforce

Sub question, lol. Have you played ALL OF THEM? I have NOT played: Oracle of Seasons/Ages (actually I own them but only played them a bit. I got them both boxed) and I haven't played Twilight Princess. :/ Oh and I haven't played Four Sword Adventures. 

So many games . . . so little time.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Daveyo520

A Link to the Past. OoT is a close second though. They like to compete in my head on which one is better. Windwaker was also a great game. I love Zelda.

crazyleaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By crazyleaves

I've played A-F then Twilight Princess. A Link to the Past is still my favorite, i think it's a nostalgia thing though. When you get the Master Sword is fuckin epic. Ocarina was pretty badass too.

xrayzwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By xrayzwei

Link to the Past FTW
SpiralStairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By SpiralStairs

1. Majora's Mask
2. Twilight Princess
3. Ocarina of Time
4. A Link to the Past
5. Wind Waker

My top 5. Out of those though, Majora's Mask is the only one that I would place in my top 10 favorite games.

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By Kyreo
@SpiralStairs: Why?  Seriously?  the gameplay was fun and the masks were cool but HOW is it better than, at the very least, a Link to the Past?  

Wind Waker, btw.  
SpiralStairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SpiralStairs
@Kyreo:  I liked the atmosphere and the music. The world was dark and strange, and it had a pretty strange vibe.

I think it's the most unique Zelda game and also the saddest, and that's why it stand out to me as the best in the series.
RaoulDo0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By RaoulDo0k

I've always been a big fan of Majora's Mask.

CandleJakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By CandleJakk

Ages & Seasons are, in my opinion, the two of the most underrated Zelda titles. Their brilliant stories carry on from one another, and the trade items between carts after you completed each game furthered the experience in a unique way that still kept it fresh. Coupled with the dynamic dungeon alterations based on which animal companion you chose made it all the more exciting.

That said, they're probably not the best - I'd probably give Link To The Past or Ocarina Of Time the best, but it's too close to call for me. Also, Minish Cap was fucking amazing, regardless of what some people say.

EDIT: Damn my MacBook's trackpad. When I scrolled up, it decided to click on Oracle Of Season. Unintentional vote sucks. :(

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By Kyreo
@SpiralStairs said:
" @Kyreo:  I liked the atmosphere and the music. The world was dark and strange, and it had a pretty strange vibe.  I think it's the most unique Zelda game and also the saddest, and that's why it stand out to me as the best in the series. "
Alright, I concede to "strange, sad and dark" but I will not concede to "best in the series," even though it was good. 

It was also very hard.  Harder than Ocarina of Time.
fuzzyponken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By fuzzyponken

I've only played A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess. Out of those, Ocarina of Time stood out to me as a fucking magical game. 

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By GunstarRed

I clicked Ocarina and then immediately felt guilty that I didn't click A Link to the past.
ZimboDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ZimboDK

OoT, though it hasn't exactly aged gracefully. Wind Waker still looks pretty amazing today, but the parts toward the end made me not choose it. I've played all of them except Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass. And the CD-i ones.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#18  Edited By Video_Game_King

Ocarina of Time, although it's been a while since I've played any Zelda game in general.

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#19  Edited By skrutop

I've never played Ocarina of Time, for some reason.  I've played through a Link to the Past several times, and it never gets old.  Honorable mention for the Minish Cap.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b6c667dde711
deactivated-5b6c667dde711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

Ocarina of Time; have played Zelda 1, 2, LttP, OoT, WW, Minish Cap, TP and Phantom Hourglass. Hoping to try out Majora's Mask sometime in the near future.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By ProfessorEss
A Link to the Past by a wide margin.
WitchHunter_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By WitchHunter_Z

A Link to the Past is my favourite game. Ever.

I've played all of them apart from Four Swords, and the only one I haven't finished is Adventure of Link.

nickux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By nickux
Overall, I'd say Ocarina of Time is my favorite. While others might feel A Link to the Past is the superior game, nothing felt as epic as Ganon's castle in OoT. Jabu Jabu's belly, the list goes on and on. So many great places, so many good memories. Love that game.  

@astrotriforce said:

" Sub question, lol. Have you played ALL OF THEM? I have NOT played: Oracle of Seasons/Ages (actually I own them but only played them a bit. I got them both boxed) and I haven't played Twilight Princess. :/ Oh and I haven't played Four Sword Adventures.   So many games . . . so little time. "

I actually made an effort to attempt this about a year or two ago. But alas, I could not snag a copy of Link's Awakening and Four Swords before losing interest. But getting through the others was pretty satisfying. Those Capcom-made ones are pretty damn good.     
TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheFreeMan

Wind Waker for me. I loved the dungeons, graphics, combat, hell, everything about that game.

I still need to play Oracle of Ages/Seasons.

x_XJules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By x_XJules

A Link to the Past! I've beaten that game so many times! I used to play it on an emulator when I worked as a receptionist. 

George_Hukas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By George_Hukas

A Link to the Past and Link's Awakening ..but then again I really don't like anything after Ocarina

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27  Edited By Willy105

The Wind Waker, of course.

Avatar image for whitebrightknight
WhiteBrightKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I actually loved wind waker, but ocarina's gotta be #1
Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Franstone

I've played most Zelda games, think Ocarina was the most memorable seeing how it was so different from all the others up to that point.

Still remember I had like 8 people in the room drinking and watching me play... 
ahhh High School...
Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30  Edited By Rockdalf

I'll have to say my favorite is Majora's Mask.  OoT is probably the perfect Zelda experience, but my favorite is Majora's Mask for a number of reasons.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#31  Edited By spankingaddict

I've went through 11 of em, and my personal favorite is WW...

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By benjaebe

Majora's Mask probably. I didn't understand much of it when I was younger and played, but looking back on it now and playing through it you realize it was a pretty messed up game.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#33  Edited By BeachThunder

I'd actually have to say Link's Awakening. Inception!

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By CL60

A Link to the Past.

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jasta

Ocarina of time was my first and most memorable of the ones that I have played.

bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#36  Edited By bonbolapti

this is a hard question to answer.. it's between wind waker and link's awakening.

NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By NathHaw

OoT

PS3RG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By PS3RG

I have only played Ocarina of Time and Link to the Past. Out of those two, I enjoyed Link to the Past more.

Avatar image for i_love_eva_braun
I_love_Eva_Braun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#39  Edited By I_love_Eva_Braun

A link to the past for me.I love that game

Blueman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Blueman

Very tough question. Never finished Links Awakening, the two DS title's are poor by the series' standards, i couldn't get into Majoras Mask, Wind Waker was amazing but the sailing parts were boring, Twilight Princess would be my favourite if it was a few hours shorter. So i guess i'll be boring and say Ocarina.

NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By NekuCTR

LttP, played it over 100 times.

mau64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42  Edited By mau64

A link to the past is mine. That game is so damn good and holds up as the best one in the series still today.

ohno88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ohno88

Ocarina of Time is my favorite simply because it took me so long to beat when I played it and I loved every minute of it. Wind Waker is a close second though its too short.
astrotriforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By astrotriforce
@TinoEzio said:
" I picked Wind Waker, even though Ocarina of Time is actually my favorite. It's just that I played through Wind Waker 17 times. I enjoyed it a lot. I haven't played all of them either. "
Wow 17 times! I kinda of am in the same boat as you. I WANTED to pick both Ocarina or Link to the Past, but I went with Wind Waker cause I've arguably played it the most and I LOVE the style and music in that game. As well as the story. Whereas, I've kinda played Ocarina TOO much to where I'm somewhat tired of it I guess. That game is amazing the first time you play it but when you've played it a lot it's not quite as amazing.... yet Wind Waker I still LOVE all aspects. Except the end fetch quest of course. 

@ZimboDK said:
" OoT, though it hasn't exactly aged gracefully. Wind Waker still looks pretty amazing today, but the parts toward the end made me not choose it. I've played all of them except Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass. And the CD-i ones. "
Oh come on. lol. The CDi games don't count and either do the other spin-offs like Link's Crossbow Training. I did include Four Sword Adventures because it was so unique and really added something fresh. Therefore, some people could potentially pick it as their favorite even though it's doubtful. But no one would ever pick the CDi games as their favorites :P

@marioncobretti said:
" I clicked Ocarina and then immediately felt guilty that I didn't click A Link to the past. "
Hahahaha, awesome! I kinda did the same, cause I was REALLY inching towards picking Link to the Past as my favorite, but then I re-thought about it and remembered how much I love Wind Waker. I've played Link to the Past too many times. Doesn't have the same impact.

@Kyreo said:
" @SpiralStairs said:
" @Kyreo:  I liked the atmosphere and the music. The world was dark and strange, and it had a pretty strange vibe.  I think it's the most unique Zelda game and also the saddest, and that's why it stand out to me as the best in the series. "
Alright, I concede to "strange, sad and dark" but I will not concede to "best in the series," even though it was good.  It was also very hard.  Harder than Ocarina of Time. "
I agree. Majora's Mask was great but I couldn't see it as the favorite or best. Although I CAN understand people choosing it as one because it is so different. I beat that game ONCE and have never touched it again though. I agree it's hard as hell. And it's so weird . . . That is part of it's charm though. And the music is FANTASTIC. Also.... Tingle. His debut. Man fairy-ism. Drugs.

@CandleJakk said:
" Ages & Seasons are, in my opinion, the two of the most underrated Zelda titles. Their brilliant stories carry on from one another, and the trade items between carts after you completed each game furthered the experience in a unique way that still kept it fresh. Coupled with the dynamic dungeon alterations based on which animal companion you chose made it all the more exciting.  That said, they're probably not the best - I'd probably give Link To The Past or Ocarina Of Time the best, but it's too close to call for me. Also, Minish Cap was fucking amazing, regardless of what some people say.  EDIT: Damn my MacBook's trackpad. When I scrolled up, it decided to click on Oracle Of Season. Unintentional vote sucks. :( "
That SUUUUCKS dude! Wrong vote is crappy. :( Oh well, you did say you loved the games! Sadly I have NOT been able to play them much at all. The two times I tried playing Ages I for some reason was bored out of my mind. lol. I don't know what happened there. I chock it up to just for some reason not being able to get into it. Have you ever bought an album or whatnot and not liked it the first time? Or maybe even the second or third times? I had that happen with Haste the Day's Dreamer. I not only had listened to the album like 4 times all the way through trying to like it, but I also saw them in concert twice (my friends are big fans). Anyway, one day I listened to it AGAIN and it just all clicked. Now I love the album. lol. But I"ve heard so much good things about the games and Link's Awakening is one of my favorite games ever. So I know they are great and there's no reason I wouldn't like them.  Btw, my bro just got done beating Link's Awakening. SO AWESOME. I mean I've loved it since I was a kid, but I was amazed how well it holds up. I think I'm going to play it and review it sometime soon. Then again I also wanna review Wind Waker. >_< 
astrotriforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By astrotriforce
@BeachThunder said:

" I'd actually have to say Link's Awakening. Inception! "

Woot woot! Link's Awakening is an INCREDIBLE game. If any of you haven't played it, GO GET IT! It's a crime that that game has never been re-released or updated for modern times (post Game Boy Color :P). I think they need to remake it. AND re-release it on 3DS as a Game Boy Virtual Console game! That game is brilliant. I'm gonna replay it soon. :)

@benjaebe said:

" Majora's Mask probably. I didn't understand much of it when I was younger and played, but looking back on it now and playing through it you realize it was a pretty messed up game. "

All this Majora's Mask talk is making me feel like going and playing it again. I should bust out my N64 Gold Holograph copy and play it!

@Rockdalf said:

" I'll have to say my favorite is Majora's Mask.  OoT is probably the perfect Zelda experience, but my favorite is Majora's Mask for a number of reasons. "

Interesting take! I think I'd have to agree that Ocarina is a "perfect" Zelda experience but Wind Waker and Majora have more "style" or "charm" in the latter's case. More "character" maybe too . . . And Link's Awakening has the most "whimsy!"  

@nickux said:

" Overall, I'd say Ocarina of Time is my favorite. While others might feel A Link to the Past is the superior game, nothing felt as epic as Ganon's castle in OoT. Jabu Jabu's belly, the list goes on and on. So many great places, so many good memories. Love that game.  

@astrotriforce said:

" Sub question, lol. Have you played ALL OF THEM? I have NOT played: Oracle of Seasons/Ages (actually I own them but only played them a bit. I got them both boxed) and I haven't played Twilight Princess. :/ Oh and I haven't played Four Sword Adventures.   So many games . . . so little time. "

I actually made an effort to attempt this about a year or two ago. But alas, I could not snag a copy of Link's Awakening and Four Swords before losing interest. But getting through the others was pretty satisfying. Those Capcom-made ones are pretty damn good.      "
Wow awesome! Question, before you attempted this, which Zelda's had you played? I couldn't imagine playing them all in a row, but I DEFINITELY have every intention of playing Twilight Princess, Four Swords Adventures and the Oracle titles sometime soon. Then I'll have beat them all. 

Btw, no one has mentioned Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks AT ALL. Anyone have them as a favorite?
SpiralStairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By SpiralStairs
@astrotriforce: Spirit Tracks doesn't even feel like a Zelda game to me. I thought riding the train was dull, and the dungeons are way too easy.
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By LiquidPrince

Oracle of Seasons and then Oracle of Ages.

THRICE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By THRICE

Ocarina of Time, nothing else has ever come close to it as far as Zelda goes for me. With the exceptions of the Oracle games, Twilight Princess, and Spirit Tracks I've at least put a few hours into or beaten every other title in the series and nothing has recaptured the the magic OoT had for me. I've pretty much given up though if the remake/upgrade for 3DS is a launch titles that system will be day one for me.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By toowalrus

I chose wind waker, because it's the best Zelda game, but Oracle of Ages is awesome, so it OoT. The Adventure of Link, not so much.

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50  Edited By sagesebas

Wind Waker is fucking PIMP