• 82 results
RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By RedSox8933

what game most made you want to/actually throw your controller at a wall?

for me its probably N+, that game is sooo god damned hard.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Snipzor

Ghost n' Goblins, fuck that game is too damn hard, but it's so damn fun.

MCWHAMMER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By MCWHAMMER

A game that I bought and instantly regretted.  BRAID.  Thankfully everyone stopped talking about it after a month, like every other game.  I never want to hear it mentioned again, unless it wins a dumbest game award.  I didn't throw my controller, I just stopped buying Live Arcade games altogether.  It is a money-losing venture I wouldn't recommend.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Snipzor
MCWHAMMER said:
"A game that I bought and instantly regretted.  BRAID.  Thankfully everyone stopped talking about it after a month, like every other game.  I never want to hear it mentioned again, unless it wins a dumbest game award.  I didn't throw my controller, I just stopped buying Live Arcade games altogether.  It is a money-losing venture I wouldn't recommend."
Puzzles too difficult for ya?
RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RedSox8933
Snipzor said:
"MCWHAMMER said:
"A game that I bought and instantly regretted.  BRAID.  Thankfully everyone stopped talking about it after a month, like every other game.  I never want to hear it mentioned again, unless it wins a dumbest game award.  I didn't throw my controller, I just stopped buying Live Arcade games altogether.  It is a money-losing venture I wouldn't recommend."
Puzzles too difficult for ya?"
Surprisingly enough, i never got mad at Braid. I wanted to, but its so damn lovable.
Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Death_Unicorn
MCWHAMMER said:
Braid was amazing, one of the best XBLA games out there. It should win the best game ever, I voted it as my game of the year. -Continues mentioning Braid- =D
RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RedSox8933

let's get back on topic.

Mercator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mercator

Ya I dont understand hatred for Braid...the Puzzles are EXPERTLY crafted and its not the games fault if you cant figure them out.

GTA games in general frustrate me...not in a controller throwing way...I hate the missions...I hate the gameplay but would love to experience the story...listening to the GOTY Bombcast and hearing them stroke their game boners to the point of bursting over GTA had me yelling at my radio. Brad was the onlyone who understood the gameplay in those games just doesnt click for some folks but he succumbed to the ropes of digital love slapping him left right and center even though you could tell he felt strongly against it as a GOTY choice. I respect everything that game does BESIDE the gameplay...it would'nt have even been in my top ten last year.

The last time i threw a controller was NHL 09 against a buddy of mine...he would do nothing but throw the puck at the net and everything would go in...after the game and my subsequent controller throwing/screaming freakout my friend said "That was the most scared I have ever been playing a videogame" haha

As a kid Bison in Street Fighter would piss me off so bad on upper level difficulties...my SNES controller still has teeth marks in it from biting it...Seth hasnt been a problem as I am still playing on easiest to unlock all the caracters...but I am sure its going to be frustrating when I get to Medium and above.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#9  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I don't think I've ever been angry enough at a game to want to throw the controller.  I mean, they're games.  There's tons of other crap I could be getting angry about - though I have been red-hot mad when a roommate's puppy chewed through some wires for my original Xbox and its controllers, and the douche refused to pay for the damage.

Gaming-wise, I'd say the most frustrated I've been with a game is probably Mortal Kombat I or II.  The bosses could be extremely cheap.  Lately, I've been very frustrated with Seth on Street Fighter IV.  The difficulty on any level just ramps up wayyy too much when you hit Seth.

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Mushir

MEGAMAN 9!!!

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RedSox8933
Twilight said:
"MEGAMAN 9!!!"
indeed.
OneEyedNinja7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By OneEyedNinja7

Either N+ or specifically the One Shot, One Kill mission on COD4 where you have to protect MacMillan then carry him onto the helicopter. Mile High Club wasn't nearly as difficult for me.

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Warfare

Life.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By crunchUK

Halo 3

when your team CANT BLOODY PLAY WARTHOG GUNNER TO SAVE HIS LIFE.

dogbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By dogbox

Ninja Gaiden for NES/Virtual Console. Still can't get past the docks level with those stupid birds.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Karmum

Call of Duty 4 on Veteran was annoying, and getting through CSI: Hard Evidence. CSI wasn't hard, but it was just so terrible.

Galrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Galrick

I'll have to settle for N+ too. There are other, older games out there which I found very frustrating, but N+ is my new cuss factory. I -want- to like it, I really do and I must say I had some fairly enjoyable moments playing co-op with my wife, but the difficulty progression is just too out of whack. You're okay for a while and then BAM! You hit one you just can't complete in any reasonable amount of time and you just spend hours spread over weeks trying to complete it. Ugh!

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By Seedofpower

Most Nes games that i wasn't aloud to save in any way..... and Ghost recon games where i die out of no where with 2 shots.

oh yeah and lots of spawn camping........

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Captain_Fookup

Any Medal of Honor game, fuck that series with its bullshit AI from 1998.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By JoelTGM

I can't remember many frustrating games, but one game that is frustrating right now (in a good way though) is Gran Turismo 5: Prologue.  For one event I had to buy this crappy car and get a lap time of 1:41, and I could reach 1:42 but not below that... my brother who is better at racing sims finally gave it a shot, and after about 20 minutes he got 1:40.  Um, then the next event after that has me using a mini which has the worst understeer it's extremely frustrating... but it's fun to play more and learn the tracks and cars.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#21  Edited By natetodamax

Mirror's Edge. I've stopped playing it because of the frustration it's given me.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By crunchUK
DOUBLESHOCK said:
"I can't remember many frustrating games, but one game that is frustrating right now (in a good way though) is Gran Turismo 5: Prologue.  For one event I had to buy this crappy car and get a lap time of 1:41, and I could reach 1:42 but not below that... my brother who is better at racing sims finally gave it a shot, and after about 20 minutes he got 1:40.  Um, then the next event after that has me using a mini which has the worst understeer it's extremely frustrating... but it's fun to play more and learn the tracks and cars."
This reminds me of forza 2

You think you're up to an hour-long endurance race. You're doing great then in the last 2 minutes you FUCK UP a bend. Leaving an entire hours effort wasted and you simply blinking at the screen unbelieving

And that remind sme of pgr2 platinum cone challenges.
cryptic_code

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By cryptic_code

I'll say any fighting game with a ridiculous final boss, like gill from SF III: third strike. I think I continued somewhere between 20-30 times on medium difficulty.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Karmum
crunchUK said:
"DOUBLESHOCK said:
"I can't remember many frustrating games, but one game that is frustrating right now (in a good way though) is Gran Turismo 5: Prologue.  For one event I had to buy this crappy car and get a lap time of 1:41, and I could reach 1:42 but not below that... my brother who is better at racing sims finally gave it a shot, and after about 20 minutes he got 1:40.  Um, then the next event after that has me using a mini which has the worst understeer it's extremely frustrating... but it's fun to play more and learn the tracks and cars."
This reminds me of forza 2You think you're up to an hour-long endurance race. You're doing great then in the last 2 minutes you FUCK UP a bend. Leaving an entire hours effort wasted and you simply blinking at the screen unbelievingAnd that remind sme of pgr2 platinum cone challenges."
I went through one race that took me about an hour to complete (because there were alot of laps), and I think I only earned like 5 achievement points from that race. Truly mortifying.
silentnx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By silentnx

Hmm.. Well Prinny on Hell's FInest difficulty is currently driving me insane.  One hit and those little hell penguins go Kaboom.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By jakob187
Snipzor said:
"Ghost n' Goblins, fuck that game is too damn hard, but it's so damn fun."
You, sir, just gained an A+ in my book.  8 of the hardest fucking levels in human history!!!  I've only seen one person beat that game...and that was my mom.  I cried the day she beat it.  She, no joke, threw the controller to the ground and yelled at the top of her lungs "WHO'S THE BITCH NOW, MOTHERFUCKER?!"!!!  We couldn't stop laughing after that!!!  Granted, this is the woman that's still working on beating Solomon's Key (she's been as far as level 34 of 50)...and she also speed runs Mario and gets 99 lives without even trying!  lol

God, she pisses me off sometimes...

So yeah, GnG is definitely at the top of that list.  Don't forget Battletoads.  If you've beaten that game, congratu-fucking-lations!  Tough as nails, classic shit right there.

One game that frustrates the shit out of me is SSX3.  I am fucking pro at that game, but I'm a perfectionist on it.  Therefore, if I miss the first two or three jumps on my lines, then I'll fucking restart the level.  I'm highly competitive on that game, to a sickening fault.  One time, it took me three hours just to finish 1 halfpipe (Perpendiculous, to be precise) because I knew damn well I could get a higher score...and a lot of those restarts were near the end of the timer for the event.

I'm fucking HARDCORE about SSX3.  Platinum medals all the way through the game.  Used to hold a couple world records supposedly, but I'm sure those are long gone.  I wish they'd make SSX4 already!!!  SSX On Tour was so much bullshit, and SSX Blur was MASSIVE FAILURE!!!
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By crunchUK
Karmum said:
"crunchUK said:
"DOUBLESHOCK said:
This reminds me of forza 2You think you're up to an hour-long endurance race. You're doing great then in the last 2 minutes you FUCK UP a bend. Leaving an entire hours effort wasted and you simply blinking at the screen unbelievingAnd that remind sme of pgr2 platinum cone challenges."
I went through one race that took me about an hour to complete (because there were alot of laps), and I think I only earned like 5 achievement points from that race. Truly mortifying."
at least you didnt spin out and spend a month without playing the game because you were so devastated
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Karmum
crunchUK said:
"Karmum said:
"crunchUK said:
"DOUBLESHOCK said:
I went through one race that took me about an hour to complete (because there were alot of laps), and I think I only earned like 5 achievement points from that race. Truly mortifying."
at least you didnt spin out and spend a month without playing the game because you were so devastated"
No I did not, I think I was playing on the normal setting and spent and hour in first place. It was quite tedious and meddling.
Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#30  Edited By papercut

I remember play emperors new groove when i was young and not being able to out run the panthers.....

....also megaman 9

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By crunchUK
Karmum said:
"crunchUK said:
"Karmum said:
"crunchUK said:
"DOUBLESHOCK said:
at least you didnt spin out and spend a month without playing the game because you were so devastated"
No I did not, I think I was playing on the normal setting and spent and hour in first place. It was quite tedious and meddling."
I have it on champion setting. No assists, no racing line guide, bastard AI and manual transmission is THE way to play. Seriously , it will be the hardest you have ever concentrated in a game ever.
Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

Kane & Lynch: Dead Men and Too Human.  Both of these games had me yelling at the TV in anger.  Although I was able to figure out a few things to make Too Human more palatable later.  Dead Men's odd mechanics just pissed me off & the story was utterly ridiculous.

As far as mission repeats on GTA IV, I have found that I have to repeat a mission at least once, which is annoying. However, I found a quick way to resolve the issue & reduce yelling at the TV in frustration:  take cabs.  I take cabs to every mission & that skips tons of time driving there myself.  Only when I have to do extra driving & other steps & no way to get around it, then I start getting annoyed with it. Otherwise, I've had a lot of fun with GTA IV.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#33  Edited By EpicSteve

Street FIghter IV, because I can't wrap my brain around a fighting game.

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#34  Edited By Jensonb

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.

Those awful, awful controls...

-Weeps-
E_rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By E_rock

Even though I know its somewhat of a right of passage for gamers, I'll throw it out there.  Fuck Ninja Gaiden, fuck all of them.  Seriously, that series has angered me since I was a kid, and continues to do so 15 years later.

gesi1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By gesi1223

Tomba

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Bullet_Jr

Ghosts & Goblins, the Megaman series, Halo 3 on Live and any RPG where I must scroll through 15 pages of dialogue before a boss fight, only to be destroyed.

Oh, and Water Temples, you know what I mean.

Metasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Metasin

4 words: wax on, wax off

Cazamalos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Cazamalos

ninja gaiden 2 (xbox360)  is not so hard, its just stupidly annoying

and the fracking multiplayer of gow2, so badly done.

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Bulldog19892

Max Payne tends to piss me off sometimes.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#41  Edited By Black_Rose

The Trauma Center games, fuck they're hard, but they're so damn good.

More recently I have to say Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, I thought the first one was hard but this is just ridiculous.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Snipzor
Bulldog19892 said:
"Max Payne tends to piss me off sometimes."
The first or second? Because I got through the second without taking a hit.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Linkyshinks
Snipzor said:
"Ghost n' Goblins, fuck that game is too damn hard, but it's so damn fun."

Same here, it borders on the ridiculous.

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Bullet_Jr
Snipzor said:
"Bulldog19892 said:
"Max Payne tends to piss me off sometimes."
The first or second? Because I got through the second without taking a hit."
Yeah, I found the second one to be much easier. The first Max Payne is still my favorite of the two.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#45  Edited By LordAndrew
papercut said:
"I remember play emperors new groove when i was young and not being able to out run the panthers....."
I think that might be the hardest part of the game. I hate doing those kinds of levels.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#46  Edited By AgentJ

F-Zero GX. I do everything perfect and then another racer bumps me during a jump and i fall into 30th place.

ShadowKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#47  Edited By ShadowKiller

Halo 3 when people rush in, steal your kills, kill you and then teabag you...

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By RedSox8933

also, left 4 dead. people use that glitch when you come out of the elevator on versus mode and the dumpster over the manhole glitch. i have cussed more people out than any game, although N+ is still more frustrating.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#49  Edited By Vinchenzo

Ninja Gaiden II. Way too unfair. WHY DOES A DOG HAVE AN INCENDIARY SHURIKEN?

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Karmum

As of right now, it has to be TMNT. I'm obviously doing it for the achievements, but the platforming is so ass-backwards, it isn't even funny.