What I've been playing (August)

mgsolid86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 40

Edited By mgsolid86

I didn't end up playing a lot of games during the month of August, mostly due to moving my girlfriend into her apartment and spending most of my weekends there. However, during the month of August I did pick up an iPad which has since replaced my laptop as my web-browsing device of choice. I also use it for gaming while watching Netflix, which comprised most of my gaming this month:

Death Rally (iPad): To be honest, I had no idea what to expect from a car-combat game by Remedy, the developers of Alan Wake. Turns out it's one of my favorite iPad games so far. While the controls take a little while to get use to, it's extremely addictive with plenty of unlockable vehicles, weapons and achievements.

Infinity Blade (iPad): From Chair, developers of Shadow Complex, comes an action RPG-lite. It's certainly one of the best games to show off the graphics capable on the iPad. The gameplay gets a bit repetitive, but it has me coming back every now and then to level up my character and his equipment.

Peggle (iPad): Yup, it's Peggle and the iPad version controls great!

Street Fighter III: Third Strike (XBLA): 3S is still pretty much 3S. In my opinion, it's one of the most technical fighting games and I certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone who joined the Street Fighter franchise at SFIV, SSFIV or AE. I'm a fan of the micro-achievements within the game, but I'm getting destroyed online and don't have anyone near my level of play around me, so I'm not sure how much more 3S I'll play.

mgsolid86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By mgsolid86

I didn't end up playing a lot of games during the month of August, mostly due to moving my girlfriend into her apartment and spending most of my weekends there. However, during the month of August I did pick up an iPad which has since replaced my laptop as my web-browsing device of choice. I also use it for gaming while watching Netflix, which comprised most of my gaming this month:

Death Rally (iPad): To be honest, I had no idea what to expect from a car-combat game by Remedy, the developers of Alan Wake. Turns out it's one of my favorite iPad games so far. While the controls take a little while to get use to, it's extremely addictive with plenty of unlockable vehicles, weapons and achievements.

Infinity Blade (iPad): From Chair, developers of Shadow Complex, comes an action RPG-lite. It's certainly one of the best games to show off the graphics capable on the iPad. The gameplay gets a bit repetitive, but it has me coming back every now and then to level up my character and his equipment.

Peggle (iPad): Yup, it's Peggle and the iPad version controls great!

Street Fighter III: Third Strike (XBLA): 3S is still pretty much 3S. In my opinion, it's one of the most technical fighting games and I certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone who joined the Street Fighter franchise at SFIV, SSFIV or AE. I'm a fan of the micro-achievements within the game, but I'm getting destroyed online and don't have anyone near my level of play around me, so I'm not sure how much more 3S I'll play.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

Wait, you didn't play a lot of games in August, you didn't write a ton...but you posted this blog a month after it would have been relevant? How!?

mgsolid86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mgsolid86

@Video_Game_King: Haha, my intended purpose of my blog to help me keep track of what games I play, but if other people enjoy reading it, they're more than welcome.