What kind of impression has Reach left on other Halo vetrans?

CptDanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CptDanger

I've played every Halo aside from ODST. So now after completing the Reach campaign on easy and legendary then mp. for maybe 9 hours, I don't ever what to play the game again. I haven't found anything unappealing about the game I suppose I'm just sick of Halo. 

Any one else had a similar reaction to Bungie's latest, and potentially last, Halo title?

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By BraveToaster

I don't know what a Halo "vetran" is. Could you explain?

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BraveToaster
@CptDanger said:
" It's difficult to quantify, I suppose if you have to ask that's a pretty good sign that you are not. "  
The word that you are looking for is veteran not vetran. I was poking fun at your typo. 

And yes, I've played a lot of Halo.
illmatic19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By illmatic19

I have almost 30000 kills in Halo 3 multi-player, not including my other accounts.  

I don't think I will reach (lol) 5000 in Reach (lol). I don't get that same feeling like I did in H3 and H2.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jack268

I think Halo Reach in matchmade multiplayer is definately a step up from Halo 3. Forge is a lot harder now when you have to create boundaries, but has potential for much greater things than Halo 3's. The story of Halo Reach doesn't touch me like 1-3 did, but is still a nicely told tale definately. 

It is a great sendoff by Bungie in my opinion.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By MysteriousBob
@Jack268 said:
" I think Halo Reach in matchmade multiplayer is definately a step up from Halo 3. Forge is a lot harder now when you have to create boundaries, but has potential for much greater things than Halo 3's. The story of Halo Reach doesn't touch me like 1-3 did, but is still a nicely told tale definately.  It is a great sendoff by Bungie in my opinion. "
Halo 3 had a plot? I must have missed it while I was forcing myself to play through it for the achievements. ODST is a far, far better single player game.
Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jack268
@MysteriousBob said:
" @Jack268 said:
" I think Halo Reach in matchmade multiplayer is definately a step up from Halo 3. Forge is a lot harder now when you have to create boundaries, but has potential for much greater things than Halo 3's. The story of Halo Reach doesn't touch me like 1-3 did, but is still a nicely told tale definately.  It is a great sendoff by Bungie in my opinion. "
Halo 3 had a plot? I must have missed it while I was forcing myself to play through it for the achievements. ODST is a far, far better single player game. "
I didn't play ODST. But you are right, the narrative seems a lot better in ODST. But you can't say Halo 1-3 didn't have any plot at all either.
Avatar image for deactivated-594edfbbc45ca
deactivated-594edfbbc45ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It's my favourite Halo game, and that's saying a lot seen as I've got over 30,000 kills in MM in Halo 3.

Nardak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Nardak
Personally I think that Halo Reach is the best halo game in the way that the story is formed. It is also nice to be a part of a team instead of being the lone wolf that Master chief is.

I might even participate in the pvp side of halo. I usually just play the campaign through in halo games and after that I am usually done with the game.
ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By ProfessorEss

Reach has made me appreciate the earlier games more. I've always enjoyed the games on a gameplay level and appreciated them on a technical level, but I was one of those people who felt it was a really generic affair with a ridiculously bland main character.

Playing through ODST and Reach really added some perspective and finally opened my eyes to Master Chief's true badassedness.

nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By nukesniper

Reach was very much an iterative game. Make a few things a little better, and viola! You have a new Halo game. I'm playing more of Reach than I did of ODST for sure, but at the same time, I will not be playing this much more in the future. 

I'm debating a Legendary Solo run, but beyond that, I just finished normal and am feeling OK about stuff.

Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Raymayne

MP is amazing and made me realise how utterly terrible H3 is in comparison, campaign was pretty average but I don't really care about that tbh. I'll play this game online as competitively as possible for the next couple of years I expect.

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13  Edited By aurahack

I've played all of them and I'm loving this one more than I have 2, 3 and ODST combined. Nothing will ever compare to the shellshock-like impression than Halo 1 was, but after beating the Reach campaign earlier and playing a ton of custom games and matchmaking, it's only but a hair from comparing to the original. IMO.

Senile_Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Senile_Kyle

Fucking lovin it.