Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#52  Edited By Video_Game_King

Any list with Fire Emblem at the top is alright in my book. Unless it's Shadow Dragon (but we don't talk about that one).

I liked Shadow Dragon :(.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Where has the community fell on Splinter Cell: Conviction? Is it still a disgrace or is it totally fine or is it controversial or what? Either way, I like Conviction a ton.

I liked Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3. Though I didn't like them as much as Origins and ME2. So I don't know where that places me against the norm. Seems pretty norm. I just like those kind of games.

I thought Lost Planet 2 was... interesting. I could never recommend that game to anyone, but I played it for like 30 hours. Learned how to cheese bosses. Played the slots. I dunno.

As I get older, I realize what a formative experience Final Fantasy 8 was for 14 year old me. It's filled with these weird existential asides around progressing through life and the entire setting is filled with corrupt authority. And it requires you to think like an economist in order to exploit it.

I like Resident Evil 5 a ton. I don't care that the story is ridiculous, it's Resident Goddamn Evil Story. You shoot skinless dogs and solve crank puzzles. It's RE4 with co-op and modern stick controls.

I liked AC: Revelations. I really liked Ezio Auditore. You controlled him as a baby and as an old ass man. I like seeing the old world cities.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@coafi said:

The Legend of Dragoon, this game gets a lot of hate on the internet, there's a small minority that loves it, and the other side keeps comparing it to Final Fantasy and saying how much it sucks compared to that one.

Oh man. My friend has been trying to get me to play that game for like 3 years. Maybe Ill pick it up on PSN. I think its on there.

I actually liked Kane and Lynch. It's a textbook example of the mediocre shooter, but I enjoyed my time with it. I actually think I played it twice. I never played the second one. I kinda regret that since I always thought it looked really nice, but I heard it was like 3 hours long and not worth it.

EDIT: Also, Deus Ex: Invisible War isn't that bad, It's nothing like the original, and Human Revolution blows it out of the water, but it's still a pretty good game.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

#55  Edited By Colonel_Pockets

Assassin's Creed III, Mass Effect 3, Dead Space 3.........

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#56  Edited By crithon

jesus, manhunt 2..... ugh.... not sure how to react after reading that.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#57  Edited By LackingSaint
NeoZeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drakengard, all day, any day. Not entirely sure why I loved it so much, maybe the way your dragon buddy sounds like some kind of reptilian dominatrix when she sasses you?

I fear I've said too much...

Loved the game though, Dynasty Warriors style combat and all.

hans_maulwurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I really like the Mafia games. I think they are well made, atmospheric, fun to play story-driven action games. Yet according to Patrick it's to lowly a series that it'd be worthy of people like Rod Fergusson working on it. So apparently not really the most respected game around.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@waffles13:

I always felt that the Dead Space were more of really solid sci-fi 3rd person shooters rather than horror games. I myself enjoyed 3, but comparisons to 2 make it seem not that great (to me at least).

miko1222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty.

Yup, I said it.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

I very much enjoyed my time with Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age II, but it could be because I waited almost a year after release for the former, and about three for the latter so I might have set my expectations a little bit lower than others who were disappointed when the games first released.

Somewhat related, but I know a lot of my friends wanted nothing to do with Viewtiful Joe when it first came out because "that guy looks like a Power Ranger hurhur," and I may have felt the same way (we were 14 and "too cool" for things like that) until I played a demo for it and fell in love with it. Pre-ordered it as soon as I could after that and it became an instant classic once I had it.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3 which both get a lot of Internet-hate.

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising is my favorite tactical shooter, it isn't as hardcore as ARMA but I think it hit an excellent balance between the sim stuff and what you normally expect from most games.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

I can think of a few which I count as some of my favourites of all time that while not universally hated, weren't received as well as anticipated.

Brutal Legend

Devil May Cry

Bulletstorm

Supreme Commander 2

Jade Empire

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

L.A. Noire and MGS 4 ?

ozzier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ozzier

I had a lot of fun with both The Force Unleashed games. They're flawed, but I enjoyed them.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is that Hatsune Mike: Project Diva F game on the Vita not well-received here? I looked at wikipedia and on Giantbomb, but theres no reviews. I don't feel like visiting other sites, so I'll just assume it kind of went under the radar here. Anyway, that game is WAY more fun than it has any right to be. I just bought it on a whim, and I'm having a blast with it. I must have played Weekender Girl like 50 times alone, and I managed to perfect it on easy, normal, and hard. Only managed to get standard on extreme difficulty though (seriously, extreme difficulty is, well, extremely difficult!).

Other than that, my answers for this is the same as last time: There's a lot of niche JRPG's that I really like that are critically smashed here. Several of them are REALLY bad, I admit, but there's a few of em that I enjoy a lot despite the massive flaws against them.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By SlashDance
@miko1222 said:

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty.

Yup, I said it.

Right there with ya.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

@random45 said:

Is that Hatsune Mike: Project Diva F game on the Vita not well-received here? I looked at wikipedia and on Giantbomb, but theres no reviews.

I think the general opinion is, "Ew, weird weeaboo shit." At least on 50% of Giant Bomb.

natedynamic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chrono Trigger. I like it, no matter what anyone thinks.

(I kid. I know that virtually everyone else worships it too. :D)

Seriously though.

Black & Bruised. I used this game as an intro to video games for my wife, because the aesthetic caught her eye. The controls were pretty basic, and the game was pretty comical. I'll always love this rental for combining my favourite person with my favourite passtime.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@random45 said:

Is that Hatsune Mike: Project Diva F game on the Vita not well-received here? I looked at wikipedia and on Giantbomb, but theres no reviews.

I think the general opinion is, "Ew, weird weeaboo shit." At least on 50% of Giant Bomb.

Man, that's a shame. It's probably one of the best rhythm-based games I have played since Guitar Hero WAY back when. Though I will admit that I don't really care for many of the songs. Weekender Girl is the only song that I genuinely liked so far, and the rest are just meh. That being said, I still play the other levels just because I enjoy the game play.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#72  Edited By Andorski

I loved Mass Effect 3's single player up until the ending. Not sure if the hate the game got was due to the ending or the entire campaign.

JCGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#73  Edited By JCGamer

I really enjoyed Too Human when it came out. It had a lot of potential but never really followed through on what they were trying to do with story after level 1.

Avatar image for ricky_alvarez_794628
ricky_alvarez_794628

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragon Age 2--though I'm perfectly aware that it's a poorly designed, rushed, ugly game.

What I like about DA2 the most is its unique combat, which can't really be found in modern gaming outside of DA:O. There's just so many ways to play the game. I'm fond of "one character only" challenges, where I'll play as one specific character/class and completely ignore the other characters. I treat them like real players in an MMO that I can't control. It makes the game more challenging and interesting.

DA2's higher difficulties are also irresponsibly hard due to poor game design, and yet that only serves to increase the game's replayability for me.

I also like how, every time I play the game, I can change parts of the story in drastic ways.

razkazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#75  Edited By razkazz

-BioShock 2, even the multiplayer

-Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

-Clive Barker's Jericho

-AvP (2010)

-F.E.A.R. 3

-Game Of Thrones (fantastic story makes up for clumsy gameplay, most gutwrenching moral choices I've experienced in a game)

-Army Of Two: The Devil's Cartel (kind of series-ruining, but incredibly fun gameplay and best customization yet)

-Brink

-Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

-Punisher: No Mercy

-God Mode

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Splinter Cell Conviction

DmC

Army of Two(the 2nd one)

Skyrim(Its popular but it still gets a ton of grief)

360 version of BF4

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

I always answer this question with Summoner. So Summoner. Maybe even Summoner 2, though that game was weird.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#79  Edited By wrighteous86

Twisted Pixel games are always a balance of how good/bad is the gameplay with how funny it is. Comic Jumper was still overall on the "good" side of things for me.

PimblyCharles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Burzmali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#81  Edited By Burzmali

Back in middle school, a friend and I rented Final Fantasy Mystic Quest and beat it in a weekend. We both had a blast. Then I learned that it's one of the most hated Final Fantasy games. I don't understand why people hate it so much.

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#82  Edited By NMC2008
  • Final Fantasy XIII
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2
  • Final Fantasy X-2
  • Guitar Hero 3 to Warriors of Rock
  • Lollipop Chainsaw?
  • Silent Hill Homecoming
  • Silent Hill Downpour
  • Infinite Undiscovery
  • Star Ocean 4
  • Rumble Roses XX
  • DOAX2
  • Beautiful Katamari?
  • Resident Evil 5
  • Resident Evil 6
  • Bionic Commando
  • Sonic Unleashed?
  • DmC
  • Splinter Cell Conviction
  • Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow Single Player
  • Leisure Suit Larry Magna Cum Laude
  • Bullet Witch

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Tenchu Z.

It's in the top ten of all 360 games.

Yeah I said it.

Also Knack.

VehementAbyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too Human it had some issues but I liked the idea of the Norse cyber gods warring with each other and I love all the loot.

eskimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fade to Black

Roger778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Dragon Age 2.

2. Mass Effect 3 (I love all three games)

3. Alpha Protocol.

Those are all RPG's that I love.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Dragon Age II

I really thoroughly enjoyed Dragon Age II. It's certainly flawed (particularly with the ridiculous recycled environments) and elements of the presentation certainly show the game's rushed development. That said, as a console player I enjoyed the combat a whoooole lot more than I did DA:O, and I really liked Hawke and the personal story told with his family - I even liked the way the game was set largely in the one city. I loved the characters, and really enjoyed the Mass Effect-style dialogue system. The story takes a slight nosedive towards the end, but I enjoyed it overall. Put simply, I loved the game (really enjoyed the DLC, too).

Dead Space 3

I actually like Dead Space 3 more than Dead Space 2. I thought the derelict fleet in the game's first half was super awesome and atmospheric, and I also liked the snow planet more than Dead Space 2's space station (which to me never really felt like a real place the way the Ishimura and Dead Space 3's setting did). The combat is still excellent, and I still found the game tense and exciting in spite of being showered in ammo. I also enjoyed building my own weapons, even if the system was heavily designed with microtransactions in mind (at least you can easily make fantastic weapons without spending any money). I enjoyed the story and fucking loved the insane ending. The inclusion of human enemies was an unwelcome one, but it really didn't hamper my enjoyment of the game.

Dead Space > Dead Space 3 > Dead Space 2, personally.

Assassin's Creed 3

AC3 is super flawed, but I enjoyed the changes that were made to the core mechanics and loved doing stuff in the game's wilderness. Missions varied wildly in quality, but overall I enjoyed my time with the game. I really quite enjoyed the story, and I really liked Connor and what his naivete brought to everything, it was a more serious, and I thought deeper, take on the Assassin/Templar conflict and I really liked it. ACIV is the better game, it takes everything that AC3 did well, largely improves upon it and fixes just about everything it got wrong - personally I don't think it's a better story, though (though that doesn't mean I like AC3 better, ACIV is definitely the better game regardless). I'm a sucker for Assassin's Creed, I guess.

Yup, my taste is pretty much the worst. ^_^

Avatar image for mst3k_tom_servo
MST3K_TOM_SERVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved Dragon's Dogma. When i finally moved on from that game my save file was nearing 200 hours. The game i feel guiltiest about liking is Clive Barker's Jericho. I really liked that game a lot, it is super dumb but in such a great way.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What do people feel about The Sims series? I love it to death, but I just don't know what many people think about it?