What's your holiday game this year?

• 81 results
Cake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Seeing as everyone will have some time off coming up, what game(s) are you gonna play during your break?

I started my break yesterday, and currently sitting here and trying to decide between GTA V and Dragon Age: Inquisition...

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Last year around Christmas I played Demons' Souls and loved the hell out of it. Thinking of doing the same with Dark Souls this time around. If not I'll probably knock a few smaller games off my backlog (Transistor, Blood Dragon, Telltale games, maybe this is the year I FINALLY play Braid and Fez).

We shall see.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Corevi

Metal Gear Rising for the 6th (maybe 7th) time.

It's basically the pinnacle of video games.

bigmess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Probably Far Cry 4. Killing all those helpless elephants just seems so jolly.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My game will be "ten days in Thailand relaxing in a bungalow". Wait... that's not a game! That's not my whole vacation though. (Being a teacher this time of year, I get all the time off!) The rest will likely be filled with Dragon's Dogma which I'm already quite a ways into but plan on going all the way with. After DD, I'll probably play the new Borderlands since it's eyeballing me from the top of the pile and I'm feeling a hankering for grinding some procedurally generated loot guns! There's also a new expansion for Sentinels of the Multiverse (card game, not a video game, though there's a mobile version now) that friends and I will likely be playing. It's also fun solo. Then there's our semi-regular Pathfinder sessions... All this recreation is exhausting!!

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish I had a holiday break. Outside of the string of days after Christmas and two days around New Years, I'm working as usual. So I guess I'll continue playing the Dragon Age: Inquisition campaign and the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare multiplayer whenever there's time.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

I was gonna play through Arkham Origins again, but I've been pretty busy. I'll at least fire it up before the months over though.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I can't believe I'm saying this in 2014 but World of Warcraft.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm going to see if I can blast through The Wolf Among Us and The Walking Dead Season 2. Also I'm like 90% through Pikmin 3, so I'll try to finish that off.

Then maybe I'll get back to Bravely Default which I kinda stopped playing back in April.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

Replaying FF13. Want to get all the achievements in the PC version before moving to the (wildly better) sequel. Probably some more Warlords of Draenor to pass the time.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12  Edited By Zevvion

Destiny. A whole lot of Destiny.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

Zelda Wind Waker HD is top of the list for sure. What else I hope to get around to we'll see that has priority though.

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My original plan was to play Dragon Age Inquisition, but Elite Dangerous may have trumped it.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

I'll only get Christmas day off I think, but I'll either be playing some more Tales of Xillia 2, Valiant Hearts, maybe a bit of Destiny on the side and whatever games I may get as gifts.

peacebrother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@bigmess said:

But you can ride them. Elephants are your friend!

bigmess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@melvargh said:

@bigmess said:

But you can ride them. Elephants are your friend!

Can I kill other elephants while riding an elephant?

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probly gonna finish Rogue Legacy finally. I love the game so much I've found myself just going on constant money runs just to try and max out my stats..instead of finishing the game. I know the newgame plus stuff is great since it stacks...but I'm just weird I suppose hahahaha. That and what ever game my husband got me for Christmas. I have some clues as to what it is, but I don't wanna spoil the surprise for myself.

peacebrother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm taking the PS3 home this year, and I think I'm gonna try to play through Metal Gear Solid 3 since I've never played that one.

jaycrockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I found out I'm getting an Atari flashback, so Yar's Revenge. If my 35 year old paddle controllers work maybe some sweet 4-way pong.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most likely Far Cry 4 and/or GTAV. But my time off with an available game console doesn't start until after New Year's, so I'll be waiting for a bit longer.

Avatar image for giantlizardking
GiantLizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm finishing dark souls 2 and will finish South Park after that hopefully. All while playing Smash and MK8.

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

Destiny, Bayonetta 2, Mordor, Far Cry 4. Some blend of those as I aim to finish them as much as possible before the year ends. Otherwise, I'll be away for a few days so I'll either be on Isaac Rebirth or the Ratchet & Clank Trilogy on my Vita, or on Pokémon ORAS on 3DS.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

So much Advanced Warfare. And Half Life. And Metal Gear Solid 3.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to try to become acceptably mediocre at Guilty Gear

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

All Xrd. All the time.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GTA V, Smash, Donkey Kong, Diablo III, and Bayonetta 2 will all be in the rotation.

Avatar image for militantfreudian
militantfreudian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By militantfreudian

I kind of have stuff to do until the new year's, so I don't think I'll be able to play until then. Anyway, I'm hoping to finish The Last of Us, and hopefully by then, my Dragon Age: Inquisition copy would've arrived.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since I recently bought a Wii U I've been diving into the Wii catalog every now and then, this christmas it's time to tackle the real heavy hitters:

Mario. Galaxy. 2!

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Inquisition, and I'll be playing Alien: Isolation in time for GOTY.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By BaneFireLord

I'll be playing a lot of Inquisition once I get back to school and my desktop during January interterm...over Christmas and New Years, I'll probably play a lot of Divinity: OS on my laptop. While listening to the GOTY podcasts, I'll probably play Skyrim or something else where I've seen the story a bajillion times already.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I downloaded a game called Dota 2, it's free, will try it out for a bit during the holidays. I've only spent 1670 hours on it so far, but it seems cool.

Also, after Dragon Age, I'm dying to play something smaller, possibly Shovel Knight, Electric Super Joy or Trine 2, possibly all three.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All the numbered Suikodens. ALL OF THEM.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

bluefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just finished munching through Far Cry 4 so I think I'll get back to cleaning up some older games I want to revisit from years past. I've been doing it all year. I also have to get back to Persona 4 Golden.

Also just started Freedom Wars which seems pretty solid so far. So I'll chip away at that here and there.

Zeds_Dead_Baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With a 5 month old at home I don't get much game time any more. I started DA:I last month and might get to finish it before the end of Winter.

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I'm really wanting to get to play the witcher 2

InstantRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some DA: Origins and Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker.

Probably throw in some Hyrule Warriors adventure mode here and there as well

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

I made a new oath to finish a game before moving on, so now I'm trying to make my way through Alien: Isolation. But since it is the holiday break, I am installing the Mass Effect series and am gonna work on that.

P.S. Never make yourself beat every game you start, because you'll end up playing The Evil Within like me.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You lucky so-and-so's. I'll probably be so busy with travel and family bullshit that I'll not be playing anything until after the New Year.

Mainwaring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm finally getting started with Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes now that it's been released on the PC, so far I'm enjoying it a heck of a lot more than I expected to! The story mission was about as short as I expected, but considering the price and the extra missions I definitely feel like I'm getting my money's worth.

I will also be finishing off the last few threads of Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward and then starting Rune Factory 4 (we finally got it in Europe!) Anything else will probably depend on if I get too tempted by the Steam sales.

baka_shinji17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I'm switching between Okami and The Witcher 2. But when I just want to chill and listen to a Bombcast, I play Borderlands.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm taking some time off around Christmas so I'll be dipping my toes in the FFXIV waters, playing a little GTAV and Dragon Age, and trying out the new trials modes in USF4. After my little staycation is over, I'll probably hate myself for all the time I've wasted.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I wanna play more Dark Souls 2 but I have to wait for the DLC to go on sale.

Joemotycki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Joemotycki

@bisonhero: What do you think of pikmin 3? I REALLY enjoyed my time with that game. The days felt a little short but other than that i think that game is cool (except for the last boss fight thing, screw that).

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

There's a few games that came out this year that I'd still like to play. Dragon Age: Inquisiton, LittleBigPlanet 3, Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil Edition. Might have a go at a few of them.

NmareBfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Talos Principle is amazing for a sedate curl up in front of the fire sorta game. Cuppa hot chocolate, snow outside, blanket over the shoulders, solving laser puzzles. Nothing could be sweeter.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I've been playing a lot of Morrowind and recently went back to Ni No Kuni hoping to finally beat it this time.