• 169 results
Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

Mine's Battlefield 3. Nothing even comes close. I love Battlefield. I played the shit out of Battlefield 3 despite my hatred for it. Everytime I turn it on, it takes at least 10 hours of constant rage 'til I've sufficiently vented my frustration with pretty much each and every design particular of this game, so that I can somewhat enjoy it for the Battlefield game it is. But god, do I ever hate this game. So fucking much. Black tar of hatred is oozing from my soul everytime I touch it.

So what's your most hated game ever? Remember - there's no hate, if there isn't love as well.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Canteu

DotA 2

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

@seppli said:

Remember - there's no hate, if there isn't love as well.

Hate can exist without love.

Anyway, I'd list off my answer if I knew some facetious butthole wouldn't respond with "Oh, man, that's the best game ever!" or "I thought I heard somewhere that you love that game, VGK".

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Sooty

Call of Duty 4, because now every game has to have perks and a level up system that does nothing but alienate people picking the game up later on, also modern military shooter clones.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

I can't be bothered to hate a game. That gives games that I don't care for to much credit.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonr86 said:

I can't be bothered to hate a game. That gives games that I don't care for to much credit.

Games you don't care for, you don't care for. Games you hate, you care for. You can't hate, if you don't care for something in the first place.

@seppli said:

Remember - there's no hate, if there isn't love as well.

Hate can exist without love.

Anyway, I'd list off my answer if I knew some facetious butthole wouldn't respond with "Oh, man, that's the best game ever!" or "I thought I heard somewhere that you love that game, VGK".

Care to explain? Or give an example?

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

This is probably a game none of you ever heard of, but Nickelodeon Party Blast. It was a party game that had minigames featuring multiple Nicktoons. But damn I don't think I've seen such a cheap cash-in attempt in a video game (aside from Shrek Extra Large, another game I hate and none of you probably know about). The graphics looked worse than an N64 game, the controls were not responsive, and the minigames are just dull.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JasonR86
MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

Mickey Mousecapade because Minnie can't make any of the jumps and dies all the time

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

Dragon Age 2.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Seppli

@jasonr86:

Just think of games you love, and then find what you hate about those. I'm sure there's quite a few games you love for the most parts, but some aspect of 'em drives you up the wall. Just name a game you love, that rubs you the wrong way the most.
It's not that hard to hate. I'm sure you're filled with hate too. You just don't care to divulge it.

bigdaddy81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chrono Cross.

Fuck Chrono Cross.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JasonR86

@seppli:

I'm really not trying to be obtuse (though I guess I'm hanging up over semantics) but if I dislike something I try to stop experiencing it do I never get to the point where I hate it. If I were to say games that have parts that I wish were better I wish the middle of Infinite were better, I wish the story of Tomb Raider were better, and I wish the AI in Last of Us was better.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By falserelic

Siren:Blood Curse

Don't ask me why I hate it, I don't want to explain.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TyCobb

Fable.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

why the hate, brother?

My most hated game, in recent memory, would be El Shaddai.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@klei said:

@falserelic said:

why the hate, brother?

Why the hate for El Shaddai? I actually love that game, I've platinum it and everything..

magicwalnuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

World of Tanks, so much about that game is atrocious. The production ranges from unrivaled to completely amateur (mostly in the latter) The in game currency is a complete ripoff, if you want to spend 80 dollars to buy one tank, the game will gladly oblige you. Progress will take you the better part of a year unless you buy an xp booster. The gameplay isn't even complete after years of being in the wild, and was never anything special to begin with. Higher tiered gameplay requires you to buy your ammo with real money for every single match, or else be at a huge disadvantage. The UI for grouping sucks. I could go on and on forever about how WoT is at best a bad game and at worst a total scam, but that didn't stop me from pouring 100+ hours into it so I could unlock the next tank.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Lost Odyssey.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Creepy dating sim visual novel bollocks. Mostly out of principle.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Klei

@klei said:

@falserelic said:

why the hate, brother?

Why the hate for El Shaddai? I actually love that game, I've platinum it and everything..

I heavily disliked everything about it. The shitty framerate, the sub-par visuals, the weird art-style, the combat, and the nonsensical story. You have all the rights in the world to love that game, but with me, it didn't click at all. And that's coming from someone who likes art in his games.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By Ravenlight

@seppli:

I'll let somebody like @lordandrew or @ravenlight take it from here.

You haven't seen the shit that I've seen. Have you even played Homefront, man? That game changes a person. It's like the every cent wasted on that game was spent with the express purpose of making me hate video games and myself for playing them. That's what Homefront does. It twists your love for video games onto burning, seething hatred and when that burns itself out, you're left empty inside. A dead husk of your former self. That's what Homefront is about.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pokemon
Any other Japanese game / anime game / cartoon game.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Zeik

The only game I've ever come close to hating was FFXI, and that was for reasons that had little to nothing to do with the game, and have long since become irrelevant.

Hate is too strong of a feeling to have toward a game. I reserve that feeling for people. Like that person who said they hate Chrono Cross.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By morningstar

Final Fantasy 12 and Fable 2.

Tussler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any of the Fifa games. Tried to get into it since i have alot of frieds who play it, but i just cant stand it.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@klei said:

@falserelic said:

@klei said:

@falserelic said:

why the hate, brother?

I heavily disliked everything about it. The shitty framerate, the sub-par visuals, the weird art-style, the combat, and the nonsensical story. You have all the rights in the world to love that game, but with me, it didn't click at all. And that's coming from someone who likes art in his games.

When it comes to Siren: Blood Curse. I was expecting a fun survival-horror game, instead I ended up getting a very annoying Survival-Horror experience.

1. I found the characters to be unlikable.

2. Repetitive Levels, and I wasn't digging the game's design choices.

3. Missions felt like Trial and Error, and ended up feeling like a chore

4. The grainy filter made it even more hard to see. When the game was already dark as it is.

5. The enemies were annoying and always came back to like.

6. The story was beyond awful. Everytime I think about the story it makes me sick, I had one of the best headaches for a game in my life. All because of the nonsensical story of Siren. I tried piecing the puzzles together and it wouldn't fit. The story was like a bad Twilight Zone episode.

If it wasn't for a friend that motivated me to keep playing. I would have never bothered with completing the game. As a fan of the Survival-Horror genre I ain't fucking with that game anymore. It makes my blood cold thinking it. You can put a gun to my head and I still won't play it again.

Tortoise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hated Littlebigplanet's gameplay. The creative stuff is cool and the style is cute but actually playing it made me want to smash my controller and any other nearby bit of breakable equipment.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@tortoise said:

I hated Littlebigplanet's gameplay. The creative stuff is cool and the style is cute but actually playing it made me want to smash my controller and any other nearby bit of breakable equipment.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You haven't seen the shit that I've seen.

I'VE SEEN SOME SHIT.
I'VE SEEN SOME SHIT.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Street Fighter x Tekken, i think. For what it is, for what it isn't, and for what it could have been in better development hands. :/

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By phrosnite

Devil May Cry 4

@canteu said:

DotA 2

There is no such game.

Zlimness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mass Effect 2. I know it's a good game. I played through it twice. It's better than ME1 in many ways. But only because the first game was so good and the fact that this game is even better, makes me hate it even more because of how it ruined Mass Effect and Bioware. They turned "dark" and "gritty" with ME2 and I just couldn't stand that. They had something awesome going with the first game and it's style. I loved naive, starry-eyed sci-fi feel of the first game. How sci-fi used to be before Alien and space truckers. But ME2 turned into another Finish The Fight-Halo/Gears of War/whatever. Didn't give A FUCK about Mass Effect 3 after 2.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I have a pretty deep and irrational hatred for Borderlands 2. The breaking point for me in that game was Tiny Tina. And I dont really "hate" it but more I think it gets way way too much credit and that is the mass effect series.

Avatar image for randomcharachter
randomcharachter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By randomcharachter

Skyrim

It took my life from me (More than 300 hours play)

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seppli: Wut. With all the bf3 threads you started back when the game was released I thought you were the biggest bf3 fan ever. What the hell is going on.

@tycobb said:

Fable.

This comes really close for me. I hate hate it. No love at all. I think Fable 3 is even higher up on my shitlist. But there has to be a game I hate more... but I have to think.

sdharrison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By sdharrison

A few games consistently raise my ire:

*LA Noire's projector reveal that makes you feel like an idiot for caring

*Hitman Absolution being a masterclass in how to quietly destroy a franchise. Every single design decision that deviated from past games was straight up wrong.

*Fable 3 was a tech demo from 10 years ago that got sold as a full product on the promises of being a "King Simulator". That feature ended up being *spoilers* a series of about 5 either or questions at the end of the game. It was the last stand of Peter Molyneux, and I was shocked at how willing he was to torch his name for good. It was one of the few times I've genuinely felt emotionally betrayed as a consumer in a really direct way.

MOST HATED though? World of Warcraft. I played Vanilla WoW and raided for a year of my life in college, and deeply regret that period of time. The expansion came out and trivialized months of work with 40 man raids and pvp, but fortunately served as a wake up call. That game has served as the basis for an extended generation of abusively designed games that are actively hostile to the human experience.

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By shinjin977

Halo and Gears

They pave way for the age of FPS and bald space marines. I feel creativity in the Fps genre died with that.

FFXiii

I actually don't hate the game but what it stood for. This game convince a lot of people I know in the industry that Jrpg is dead.

Daneian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

I don't quite hate it, but I have a real venomous reaction to the thought of GTA 4. The bullshit cynicism has always felt so manufactured and tries to masquerade as honesty. Feel like it also sacrifices some of its gameplay for the sake of realism and scripted missions.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't say i hate any game I've ever played.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I've played some shitty NES game back in the day, but I can't truly hate them, even some as awful as Bart vs. the Space Mutants or Friday the 13th.

My award goes to the steaming pile of excrement known as Black & White.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@seppli said:

Mine's Battlefield 3. Nothing even comes close. I love Battlefield. I played the shit out of Battlefield 3 despite my hatred for it. Everytime I turn it on, it takes at least 10 hours of constant rage 'til I've sufficiently vented my frustration with pretty much each and every design particular of this game, so that I can somewhat enjoy it for the Battlefield game it is. But god, do I ever hate this game. So fucking much. Black tar of hatred is oozing from my soul everytime I touch it.

So what's your most hated game ever? Remember - there's no hate, if there isn't love as well.

Why the hatred? Just curious what your reasons are. I love the shit out of that game. THE SHIT.... OUT OF...

And I don't hate any game. Hate is a pretty powerful word. And I don't spend much time with a game I don't like enough to build up hate.

But I think Saints Row The Third is well overrated (every mission feels like a tutorial, and it was weird hearing the GB crews say that... now... years after calling it near perfect.).

Lost Odyssey was super boring (I tried for about 10-12 hours... and nothing. Not one fucking thing did I like). Assassin's Creed bored me for 19 or the 20 hours I played. Twilight Princess was a fucking disappointment and I stopped at the 60-ish hour mark. I even tried to finish off my old save... fuck people complain about find the triforce pieces in Wind Waker, this game is filled with shit quests! At least in that I had a boat! And that new Hyrule field was atrocious.

But how can anyone HATE a game?

sdharrison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seppli said:

Why the hatred? Just curious what your reasons are. I love the shit out of that game. THE SHIT.... OUT OF...

And I don't hate any game. Hate is a pretty powerful word. And I don't spend much time with a game I don't like enough to build up hate.

But I think Saints Row The Third is well overrated (every mission feels like a tutorial, and it was weird hearing the GB crews say that... now... years after calling it near perfect.).

Lost Odyssey was super boring (I tried for about 10-12 hours... and nothing. Not one fucking thing did I like). Assassin's Creed bored me for 19 or the 20 hours I played. Twilight Princess was a fucking disappointment and I stopped at the 60-ish hour mark. I even tried to finish off my old save... fuck people complain about find the triforce pieces in Wind Waker, this game is filled with shit quests! At least in that I had a boat! And that new Hyrule field was atrocious.

But how can anyone HATE a game?

Agreed SO much on Saints Row the Third. I played it start to finish on PC, and thought it was an extremely shallow experience. Weak mechanics, very few engaging missions, and a collection of madcap open world side activities. I got caught up in the zeitgeist when it came out, but it really doesn't hold up. I have no idea why GB crew is so into it.

ShaolinSpade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ShaolinSpade

I really didn't like Bioshock. I don't think I hate it at all but it's a bummer that the reload button is the same as the kill little girl button. Also I thought the twist was derivative and everything after the twist was pointless. Oh and shooting wasn't fun and having no death penalty wasn't fun either.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Grissefar

Pain - what a suck

Crysis 3 - fuck a stinker

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shinjin977: None of the main characters in either of those games are bald.