What sort of cell shaded games you love to see in the near future?

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gtxforza

Hello there gamers in Giant Bomb forums!

After I looked up the announcement of WipEout Rush for mobile phones, this kind of remind me of Capcom's Auto Modellista in terms of visuals so this inspired me to make a quick thread.

The ones I would love to see are:

• A new arcade-style JDM car game as a love letter to Auto Modellista, but the gameplay should feel different compared to Inertial Drift.
  • A Girls und Panzer rhythm game to feature Love Live's gameplay and art style.
  • A new Dance Dance Revolution for arcade and home consoles to feature Love Live's art style and voice acting.
  • Next BlazBlue fighting game installment to feature Guilty Gear Strive's art style.
  • A Fire Emblem rhythm game to feature Love Live's gameplay and art style.
Geepatrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I didn't find Auto Modellista until the very beginning of the pandemic. I have always loved cell shaded games so the combo of it with racing was perfect. I remember playing a TMNT for the original XBox that was cell shaded and loving the look for something that was from cartoon origins.

I second your request for a JDM game. I wouldn't mind a very stylized 70's driving game. Almost like a truck sim, but maybe some city delivery mechanics, as well.

styx971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

honestly any. generally speaking the art in the stuff thats cell shaded is usually so good that even if the game isn't for me i want to like it more just cause of how good it looks. it also bears to mention gameplay aside cell shaded stuff seems to age better graphically making it easier to go back to visually years later. i know it seems like a non-answer but cell shading really is a cool style i just wish we seen more of vs the overly realistic stuff alot of games aim for.

RPJeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It would be great to see the kind of visual work that the Guilty Gear team has done applied to something with a vintage western comics/animation style. Their ability to 'flatten' the 3D and make the appropriate frame timing really sells that you're playing a high-action anime.

Excited to hear about whatever MDHR is up to next, if they're working on anything aside from Cuphead licensing.