What system are you playing the most this gen?

• 55 results
NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll What system are you playing the most this gen? (509 votes)

Xbox One 7%
PS4 33%
Switch 9%
PC 44%
I play more on handhelds (Vita, 3DS [as opposed to Switch]) than the others. 1%
About equally with some of the above. 5%

I wasn't sure if I should add the Wii U because technically it's the same generation as Xbox One and PS4, but I'll skip to the Switch. As for me, I play the Xbox One and PS4 about the same. I don't play the Switch much; it's been a while since I last played it. I think it was in December when the Zelda DLC came out. My PC isn't very good, so while I keep Steam on my PC I don't play on it much. I rarely, rarely play anything on the Vita or 3DS. The last time I played anything on one of those was when I went through Uncharted: Golden Abyss the day Uncharted 4 came out. So yeah, for me it's mostly Xbox One and PS4.

• 
MostlySquares

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS4 exclusively because of PSVR.

Shoeblazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I am 27, and I've been playing on consoles since the SNES/N64 days, keeping with Nintendo until switching from GameCube to Xbox, upgrading to a 360 and logging thousands of matches of Halo from 2 through Reach. I don't have a decent PC; next time I've got $1200 and no other priorities I'll jump right in that.

2013 hit, and I wasn't compelled to purchase either a PS4 or Xbox One. If my girlfriend didn't already have an Xbox One when we got together in early 2017, I doubt I'd have one still. There are just not enough games I'm interested on either system that would justify the cost. I haven't found a game that I've wanted to put much time into for it. I tried Halo: Master Chief Collection, Titanfall 2, Sunset Overdrive, and even bounced off of DOOM.

The Switch, however, was immediately appealing and just seemed like fun. Forgive me, but something about the Sony and Microsoft approach this generation that has this utilitarian, suit-and-tie feel.

So, I use the Switch at least 9 out of 10 gaming hours. Nintendo's game design approach hasn't moved into the Games-as-a-Service/lootbox/microtransaction/shameful-use-of-powerful-technology model that the rest of the AAA industry is basically doing, and their games are more pleasant for it.

I also find that the encouraging nature of the system (I don't need to hog the TV in a house of 5 to play) makes me more willing, perhaps more able, to focus on games and to try ones I didn't like years ago. I fell in love with The Elder Scrolls V on Switch after totally not understanding Oblivion on 360 those years ago. I have never played a tactical strategy game, but I had to check out Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle. I can't really explain why, but I bought and enjoyed DOOM way more on Switch.

I have nearly 200 hours in the Switch version of Rocket League, which I knew I would love, but I avoided playing on Xbox One because of the need for an active Xbox Live Gold Subscription, plus the lack of portability.

I'd like to get a good PC for a few reasons, but the "big boy" consoles are simply not... fun. I can't express how much I hate turning the Xbox One on and seeing all the ads and promotions are on the front page, prominently displayed, even if you pay them their subscription fee. It's gross and unacceptable for a product you purchase for your home.

If I bought a car stereo and it played ads for companies that the manufacturer made deals with every time I started my car, I'd be pretty fucking dissatisfied.

I realize the PS4 doesn't really have this issue, but we aren't switching anytime soon because of that.

GamersQuarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Has been primarily PC since my college days. Nothing against the consoles they have something to offer as well.

t3lancer2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By t3lancer2007

I was on PC primarily till mine was stolen. Now I'm almost exclusively on my Xbox. I have a switch, but I question why I got it all of the time since I never use it.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Recently it's mostly been Into the Breach, so PC, but I think that the Switch is gonna win this one, considering I've already sunk 100+ hours in two separate RPGs on the system.

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

very surprised to see how low the xbox one stats were. The backwards compatability plus the game pass is honestly fantastic, i have 100 games installed right now, and the X runs really well. I always feel like my ps4 chugs, even Horizon cant maintain a locked 30 even. And no backwards compatability is the real dealbreaker for me. My PC is in storage while i relocate though so maybe id have picked PC instead.