What to Buy

srslywtfd00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By srslywtfd00d

I don't have a whole lot of money to be spending on games, but i do want at least one new game to play. Call of Duty and Bioshock are fun, but I'd like a fresh game.  
The 3 games that I have been looking at are Bulletstorm, Homefront, and Fallout: New Vegas. I've played Fallout 3 and enjoyed it and demo'ed Bulletstorm, but Homefront just looks really good. 

Any suggestions on which game would be most enjoyable? I know it's a preference type of thing, but in your opinion (if you've played any of them) which would be worth the $40-$60?

sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By sameeeeam

I'd personally go with New Vegas, but I have a bias towards RPGs so take this with a grain of salt.

srslywtfd00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By srslywtfd00d

Crud, I forgot Portal 2 is coming out as well. So, that's on the list now too. Oy vey.    

WatanabeKazuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By WatanabeKazuma

I'd say New Vegas if you enjoy that sort of game, you will definitely get value from it. I've not played Bulletstorm myself but it sounds a little on the short side. Homefront looks derivative of COD and considering you already have Black Ops it might be a too similar. 

All things considered, Fallout wins!

Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Sayishere

bang for your buck?

fallout new vegas

inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By inkerman

No, fuck that, Portal 2 all the way!

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By crusader8463

If you are getting it on the PC then I would go with New Vegas, but from what I have seen of it on consoles it looks terrible.

I would go with new vegas if you want the most hours for your gaming. Portal is going to be good, but once you figure out all the puzzles once it's not going to have much replay value. 

If you can swing it though I would suggest going back and picking up 3-4 $20 games from the past year or two you never got around to playing. If you are honestly looking for your best money to time ratio anyway.

srslywtfd00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By srslywtfd00d

I would get Portal 2 on the computer if I went with that, but I don't even know if my mac could handle it or not. The other games are all Xbox 360 games without a doubt. Im garbage at playing RPG's and FPS's on PC.

Avatar image for the_philosopher
The_Philosopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By The_Philosopher
@srslywtfd00d: Wait for the reviews/quicklooks of Portal 2 and Homefront. They both look neat but it's always better to wait and weigh out all your options.