What was the last game you finished and would you recommend it?

• 192 results
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By zeforgotten

Saint's Row 2 
Yup, that's fun (I like the "crazy" in that better than the I do in The Third)

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Quarters

Max Payne 3. Yeah, I guess I would. It's a solid action game. Fairly good story.

mongoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#103  Edited By mongoose

Just finished Catherine and Rayman Origins last night.

Catherine was very enjoyable and I loved the story it told, but those block puzzles got real tedious. It's weird to say that the "game" bit was the worst thing in Catherine.

Rayman was very cool too, but didn't see anything more that that - a cool, beautiful looking platformer.

Both recommended.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#104  Edited By MocBucket62

Battlefield 3. I never got too deep into the multiplayer (though I should), but the campaign was alright with a few frustrating moments. I say get it for the multiplayer and if your into modern day/futuristic shooters.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#105  Edited By Chummy8

Dark Souls and Magic the Gathering 2012.

And yes, I would recommend them both in a minute.

Tolshakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Tolshakk

I just finished Metro 2033 on the PC and really enjoyed it. Though, I could see that enjoyment really being hamstrung on a console since the DirectX 11 tech is really the reason for the season in that game.

Avatar image for live2brighteous
Live2bRighteous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Live2bRighteous

I'm not sure if this counts seeing it's a HL1 mod, but Cry of fear.

If you feel like being disturbed and cheap scared at times, go for it. It's quite long for a mod (And has a lot of content to offer, like unlockables and higher difficulties that give you new weapons and cosmetics,) and nerve recking till the very end. I wish your heart good luck.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#108  Edited By nightriff

@brownsfantb said:

@Nightriff said:

Darksiders, it's awesome, play it. It's cheap now.

That is sitting on my tv stand and once I finally take Skyrim back out, it'll be the first game I play.

Take a brake, you deserve it and spend a 1/5 of the time you spend in Skyrim and beat an awesome game that deserves to be played.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#109  Edited By Still_I_Cry

Dragons Dogma was really fun to play through. Playing through it again :)

MikeydCT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#110  Edited By MikeydCT
benefitevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By benefitevil

Resident Evil outbreak file 1, I would recommend it to any Resident Evil fan although it is different from the current Resident Evil titles, and you will want an older style PS2 so you can use a hard drive but all in all an enjoyable game.

p00rdevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By p00rdevil

@Still_I_Cry said:

Dragons Dogma was really fun to play through. Playing through it again :)

Cool, I am leaning towards picking up Dragons Dogma. Just finished Dark Souls last night. What a game! If you have patience and are looking for a game you can commit to, this is one fantastic action RPG. Among the top 10, maybe even top 5, console games I have ever played.

MorkkiTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By MorkkiTH

Mass Effect 3 (PS3) and yes I highly recommend this game! :) It's not the best game of the series but still excellent game.

Avatar image for kungfu_teddybear
Kungfu_Teddybear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Portal 2 (yes I JUST finished it yesterday despite owning it since it's release) and yes I would DEFINITELY recommend it.

Wheatley <3

ventilaator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#115  Edited By ventilaator

Bayonetta and no.

Demmetje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Demmetje

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts

Although the mechanics are pretty cool to play around with, the mission design is bland and it gets tedious before the ending.

Still, the vehicle creator is worth playing around with.

Checking out the leaderboards to see what kind of wacky solutions people have found is amazing.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By NTM

Mass Effect 3, except I'd recommend they take the long journey through the first two beforehand. I'm not sure if someone really wanted to play through the entire series when they hadn't before will be able to experience it like the rest of people, 'cause I played through the first Mass Effect more than I needed to (three times on 360, the last being the definitive, do everything run, and half way through on PC), I played through ME2 four times (three times on 360, and once on PC), and now I'm on my third play through of ME3 although that's quite unneeded.

I beat it and did everything the first time, but I wanted to do an insanity run, and one of the missions bugged out on me so I couldn't finish it, so now I'm at the end again and have everything done on the easy difficulty. Everything is upgraded, and everything is bought. So what I mean is, that's over 300 hours of Mass Effect playing, and that's what I call an experience, but one that hasn't played a Mass Effect game won't get that same experience and will probably only play through all of them once, missing important, and not so important stuff along the way. I do not approve. Still, I recommend it.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By SSully

@Commander_Crichton said:

Brutal Legend. I guess I would recommend it, it's not like there are a lot of open world/real time strategy/hack n slash hybrids. Plus it's totally METAL!!!

It's a shame this game got such a negative rep. I thought it was such a cool game. The art design alone is something to behold, because as you said, it's totally METAL!!!!

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#119  Edited By SlightConfuse

Deus ex hr is really fun and some cool stealth stuff

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By laserbolts

Diablo 3. I'm not sure if you would call a runthrough on normal finishing it but I had a ton of fun and would recommend it to anyone with a constant internet connection. It's weird but for the first time in my life I rarely play videogames anymore. I'll log in an hour or 2 of diablo since it was released but besides that I haven't played much of anything.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#121  Edited By Icemael

The last game I finished was Castlevania: Rondo of Blood, which I strongly recommend. 

The last game I finished for the first time was Nin2-Jump, which I also recommend, though not nearly as strongly.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#122  Edited By ESREVER

Monster World IV

I enjoyed it. Short and sweet with some cute sprite animations. Not especially difficult or challenging, but fun.

Kenshinfan818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Kenshinfan818

I just finished super mario 3d land, it was fun but got repetitive and boring towards the end. I'm also really close to finishing L.A Noire which rules.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@VanderSEXXX said:

Deux Ex: Human Revolution - If its story you're after then this is what I would recommend as its by far the best story based game of this generation (for me atleast).

Recommending Deus Ex without mentioning the gameplay (which is what the game is all about - creating unique and satisfying gameplay scenarios stealthly) is just so wrong!
wigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By wigg

Metal Gear Solid.

I Play it every few years, easily the most enjoyable game i've played in a long time. One of my all time favourites.

The Story is great, Fantastic cut scenes, most notably the conversations after defeating a member of Fox-Hound.

A far simpler story than the sequels convoluted madness (mainly 2 and 4. 3 is my favourite) make it more engrossing, and although at times defying reality still a more grounded story. Probably the best way to describe it It's like the original matrix in that sense, before the sequels added loads of shite.

There's cheesy dialogue and a very over the top performance for the character Liquid Snake, but the vast majority of the codec and other story dialogue is well delivered and written.

The Combat although simple; is still playable. But its the story beats and characters you're playing for.

I could write about all the amazing things this game does with its characters and relationships, but its best to just take it all in yourself.

PLAY THIS GAME if you haven't already, and if you have play it again, time has not tarnished this gem one bit.

p.s Call everyone after anything of interest in this game, the more codec story you get the more you will love it.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#126  Edited By Giantstalker

Witcher 2 for PC. Just jaw dropping. Get it if you're into any kind of fantasy.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Chop

Alpha Protocol

I can't recommend it. It has some cool mechanics but it's just too busted in too many ways.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Levius

Persona 2: Innocent Sin, as long as random encounters aren't a complete anathema to you, unreservedly yes. Its not super hard, I only died maybe once, and the story is brilliant; it combines down to earth interpersonal stuff with your party, with absolute balls-to-the-wall crazyness.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#129  Edited By musubi

If were talking anything I'd say Max Payne 3. If were talking under the radar games only Id say Binary Domain.

kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By kermoosh

star wars battlefront (1)

played it from the disappointment of the new star wars game (cus it wasn't bf3, though still looks promising) and yeah it's in my top 5 or 10 top games of all time, with star wars battlefront 2 being my number 1 or 2

frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By frankfartmouth

Mass Effect 3. And yes.

G_Locke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By G_Locke

Xenoblade Chronicles

GOTY so far

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By HerbieBug

finished? Trials Evo I guess? Yes, recommended. Before that was probably Batman City. Also recommend that.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Seedofpower

I just S-ranked Wargame European Escalation. I recommend this game to any RTS lover. It has a lot of solid fresh ideas but feels pretty dry in terms of story and unit personality.

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By ozzdog12

@Coafi said:

The Walking Dead Episode 1, it's cheap and short with more episodes coming up.

I played it from start to finish without blinking

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#137  Edited By NoobSauceG7

Max Payne 3 and yes. Great Rockstar game! Playing Persona 4 and yes to that. Playing dragon age origins and I don't know if I would recommend, it isn't drawing me in like Mass Effect does.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

#138  Edited By me3639

Most surprising game i played in a long time. The game looks awesome, and the mp was super addictive. I paid full price and have no complaints.

No Caption Provided
Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Getz

Outland, and I would definitely recommend it even if the final boss fight is fucking crazy-making.

dietmango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

User Lists: 13

#140  Edited By dietmango

Resident Evil 5

Hell naw.

Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Aronman789

The last game I finished was The Witcher 2 about a year ago, so yes.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#142  Edited By Jeust

Catherine. I would wholeheartly recomend it to anyone loving japanese animation, puzzles and somewhat adult plots.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#143  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

Walking Dead Episode 1 and I highly recommend it.

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By WickedFather

Castlevania Lords of Shadow.  Absolutely no recommendation.  I hated it from about half an hour in and slogged my way through it over a period of weeks.  Skipping cut-scenes requires a start button then an annoying micro-wait before you can select yes (menus should respond as they're zooming in).  A horrible mechanic of not being able to get things on your first playthrough because you don't have the right abilities is annoying, not tantalising like it would be with a metroidvania or zelda game.  Get thee to ebay, you fucking awful thing.

It did have a really nice ending but it's the deathbed repenting of a serial killer and there will be no forgiveness.

dopplerganger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By dopplerganger

Dark Souls. Yeeaahhh.

blueaniman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By blueaniman93

Binary Domain and hell yeah... campaign is interesting and combat is fun. If you're not into it yet, just give it a little time.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#147  Edited By tourgen

Titan Quest: Immortal Throne

Fantastic game. It's too bad the developer went under.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#148  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

Dear Esther, and fuck no. Way too expensive, not very interesting, ridiculously linear and simple. It's gorgeous, but that's all I really cared for with that game, especially at the price you have to pay for it.

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Silver-Streak

I technically just sat down and finished Asura's Wrath (first ending) in about 5.5 hours straight today, and streamed it through twitch.

I highly recommend it if you can get it for $30. Otherwise rent it, it really must be seen, just not for $60.

Hell, I signed up for Gamefly just so I could play it, as they had a $6 for 1 month deal. I was surprised to get it 2 days after I signed up as it was listed with medium availability.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#150  Edited By JJOR64

Dragon's Dogma. It's worth checking out at a cheaper price. I don't think it's worth $60 IMO.