What was the last "wait, how do I play this again?" game?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

I got done with Sekiro yesterday and had installed Bloodborne on my PS4 Pro a while back to see how it ran on there (locked 30fps despite its frame time not being perfect), and now I feel like I have to learn a lot of it all over again. It's very interesting too to see what my character looks like, and what level I am as well as what items I have. I haven't played Bloodborne since 2016, and that was in the process of playing all the Soulsborne games back-to-back (so, I'd probably feel the same for any of the Souls games). It's not so much how to defeat what's ahead of me, I got that down still I'm sure, but how all the elements work has me a bit confused, and I'm actually wondering what I was using certain items for and what have you. I also don't remember the controls all that well, so I'm finding myself pressing a bunch of buttons to see what they do, ha ha. I think I got it now. Also, it's great to be playing Bloodborne again! I'm not sure how much I'm actually going to play of it, I just wanted to dive in for a bit to see how it all ran, and Sekiro got me wanting to play it. What was your game like that?

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Enter the Gungeon for me. Went back to it to try the new update and having played few other twin stick games on the Switch since I last played it I was having a terrible time not using items, using items at the wrong time and generally blundering my way through everything. Thankfully I was terrible at the game in the first place so it wasn't such a huge step down.

Saber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Metroid Prime Trilogy. Several "oh, that's right!" moments and constant battling the Wiimote controls setup(curling up into morph ball instead of selecting visors, pulling up the map instead of options menu, etc.).

MP1 is still a spectacular game, though.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Oh I get this all the time. I jump a lot between genres. But I recently tried getting back into bullethell/danmaku stuff and OH MY GOD I have to relearn how to walk in the genre all over again. Still fun though! Just for reference I was playing Mushihimesama and trying this other game called Caladrius Blaze.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Warframe.

Moskelosk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Moskelosk

Last sunday I decided to start playing The Witcher 3 again after not having played it for 3 years. Back then I put 40 hours into the game but I never finished it, and felt like now was the time. Quickly I realised that I don't remember how to play the game and that I remembered very little from the story, or what my current task was.

I ended up starting over from scratch and chances are that the same thing will happen again. I got OCD when it comes to open world games, and feel that I have to fully explore the maps and clear everything, which often leads to me burning out on the game before finishing it.

jamesyfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God of War. I stopped playing for a while and did a lot of PC and Switch gaming.

Came back to it and I had saved just before a Valkyrie battle. I had no chance. I forgot.. EVERYTHING.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only thing I feel that really does this for me is an MMO since the gameplay loop in one of those is so regimented.

It doesn't help that the place I always leave off come back to is like 'Okay where was I oh it's a big complicated full party boss fight, fantastic.'

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NTM

@moskelosk: By finish, do you mean all side activities and the DLC? I actually played through the game twice, doing everything (which I never thought I'd do). I originally got it on base PS4 and adding the completion of doing everything and just loving the experience of being in that world, I put in around 400 hours. I got the Xbox One X last year; one of the first games I went through on there was The Witcher 3, and stripping out a lot of the wandering around, sticking mostly to the missions and all the side activities, it's a little less than 200 hours, and this was on the hardest difficulty as opposed to easy. Oh, no never mind, I didn't do any of the Gwent missions the second time around. I bought the PS4 Pro this year, and I'm kind of curious how good the game looks on there, but I know the X version is slightly superior in image quality so I probably won't play it. I'll be honest, while I still loved The Witcher 3, I don't think I liked it quite as much the second time around.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Probably Crusader Kings II. My multiplayer group moved on to GTA Online last year after finally wrapping up a 6 month CK game and going back fairly recently after a bunch of new patches and expansion packs was extremely disorienting. The same thing has happened with Europa Universalis IV and Hearts of Iron IV. While I love Paradox's games and how long they support them after launch, it's really annoying to have to climb back up that learning curve and learn a bunch of new systems every time I don't play for a few months.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Yesterday I got stoned--for the first time in a long time--and was dipping into a lot of different games. I decided I wanted to see some of The Witcher 3 DLC I never played so I started a new game with just the dlc (pretty cool feature tbh) and I really forgot all of the nuances of the controls, demonstrated by me slashing Roach's ass when I was trying to get back on him.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

At the end of last year, I decided to give Spelunky a go after not playing it for 5 or so years. That was real rough. I S-ranked it back in the day, but now all I can do is awkwardly fumble around :(

Avatar image for cursethesemetalhands
CurseTheseMetalHands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shooters on PC. I've been trying to get back into playing more games on PC and, where appropriate, as PC games, meaning with keyboard and mouse. I think the last time I played an FPS on PC was Quake II, so I'm seriously hating it and I keep wondering how I ever played this way back in the day. I mean, sure, the mouse is worlds better for aiming, but using a keyboard for everything else...fucking sucks. I fear consoles may have ruined me forever.