What was your first experience of giant bomb?

AndyMc1888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By AndyMc1888

Probably been done before but thought id share mine anyway,  
basically was when 1v100 was announced was searching around looking for any previews etc of it and came across the quick look, Have not laughed as much as that in ages, Genuinely funny quick look and ever since then I have always been coming back, Anyone else got any more exciting storys ?

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ArchScabby

I found the podcast on Itunes and then listened to it at work.  Back when the site was still just a blog.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By JJOR64

What got me hooked to the Bomb was when I listened to the Ed Boon podcast.

potatomash3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By potatomash3r

First time was from iTunes when the podcast was still called Arrow Pointing Down.

Aetos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Aetos

Found the site while browsing gamespot. Someone mentioned it in a comment on one of Jeff's old reviews. Soon learned more about what happened and how the site was made. Then I started watching the videos and fell in love with the site.

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By xMP44x

What got me onto the site was through GameSpot. I give a rough idea of what happened in my mini bio here. However, my first experience on Giant Bomb was a blog post. natetodamax remembers my first blog on here... about trying to get 1000 Wiki Points :')

Zen313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Zen313

Getting harassed for posting a blog on the forums. Even though Im a new member and it was my first blog.Not to mention it was an accident. good times good times. I found out about the site from listening to the podcasts.

uberpwner93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By uberpwner93

I was a Gamespot user and I loved the podcast. When everyone was leaving I stopped listening because I love the chemistry with everyone on The Hotspot. I started following Jeff's blog and saw when he went on G4 and announced Giant Bomb. Been a listener and site user ever since.

MeetThePyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By MeetThePyro

the "Lets TAP" unboxing

AndyMc1888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AndyMc1888

Can anyone give me a link or tell me about the whole how giant bomb got created stuff ? Quite interested to read.

Lucifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lucifer

When looking for help regarding Persona 4. At first i thought it was " Just another site" but then later i learned it was runned by Jeff and the gang. I signed up immediately.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Azteck

Was lurking the internet to find out more about why Jeff had been fired (in a very non-creepy way, of course) when I stumbled upon the Giant Bomb blog.

@AndyMc1888:

You want to watch the "How To Build A Bomb" series. I'll get you started.

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By fwylo

I met the 4 of them at PAX '08. A friend of mine pointed them out and said he wanted to go say hi.  I had no idea who they were but went and said hi anyways.  I told them I didn't know who they were and they quickly explained.  But I didn't even end up coming to the site or listening to the podcast till about October '09.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By Daveyo520

I don't think The Arrow Pointing Down podcast counts. Maybe Jeff announcing it on there and G4? Or the start of the blog? I guess as soon as you want to count Giant Bomb as a thing, I was there. I'm sure it is the same for many other former Gamespoters.

deadly_polo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By deadly_polo

Former Gamespotter (and still go there for some content), knew about it with Jeff's G4 appearance and his blog - then the Arrow Pointing Down podcast.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I first heard about it from Jeff's blog, and immediately started following the blog religiously. And here I am, all this time later and I have wasted an insane amount of my time on the site.

Eazyrider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Eazyrider1

When they showed me how to build a device that relied on the exothermic mortality chemical reaction of an explosive material to provide an extremely sudden and violent release of explosion. It was pretty good.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Post-GameSpot.

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By habster3

I was reading about the Gerstmann case on wikipedia, saw that he was at Giant Bomb, and then looked it up. Around this time, they had just reviewed InFAMOUS. I didn't join for like 6 months, though.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#20  Edited By Claude

I followed Jeff's blog until Giant Bomb became a blog. I had a bad experience when I first started posting. It was Ryan's Mario Kart Wii review and I made a big stink, because I found something factually wrong in the review. He changed it, but I was brought down in flames by the other people commenting. I learned a lot that day.

teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By teptom

The 2008 GotY podcast.  It was a great way to get acquainted with the site and the staff. 

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By turboman

I followed Jeff/Ryan/Alex/Brad after the whole shindig... wound up here when the website was made.

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

#23  Edited By Pepsiman

Hitting the sign up button and choosing Pepsiman because I wanted to reference hella obscure Japanese promotions like that?

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By c1337us

The standard transitioned from gamespot story. I still go there for some content though.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By Andorski

I got really pissed off at school one day.  Kept getting picked on by all the kids in my class.  I went online to see how to 'fix' this problem, but I found this site instead.  Kept on watching so many quick looks that I forgot what I was looking for in the first place...

... until now.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Zella

I knew about it for a while on Gamespot but never bothered to visit the site. Then after a while a friend showed me the Brutal Legend quick-look and I became hooked.

adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By adoggz

the whole death of the matrix MMO thing.

Dysnomia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Dysnomia

My brother told me about it and peer pressured me into joining.

HypoXenophobia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By HypoXenophobia

I listened when it was Arrow Pointing Down, had no idea who Jeff and Ryan were(not a gamespot user). Took a break from listening when my iPod died. Started listening again the ep when they were discussing spending a night playing Trash Panic. Joined GB not long after.

Avatar image for christiancastillo
ChristianCastillo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How I discovered giantbomb was by looking up Jeff Gerstman because I was wondering what he was doing after leaving gamespot. When I came across the site I really liked the design and saw that all those people I enjoyed watching at gamespot were here on this site so I immediately got hooked.

GIVEMEREPLAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By GIVEMEREPLAY

Informed by friend back when it was Arrow Pointing Down. I was here on launch day, at launch minute. 

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#32  Edited By sweep  Moderator

I made my profile on day 01 and the first thing I did was write a blog. Go figure...

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#33  Edited By sjschmidt93

I can actually recall it. 

Giancarlo Varini (sp?) was on Rebel FM and he said "I'm going to be on the Giant Bombcast next week..." or something like that and so I came hear and listened to the podcast.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Capum15

I had this site bookmarked after it became, well, a site, but I never really visited all that much.

Spent more time back on Gamespot, but all the good stuff (Tournament TV, On The Spot) started sucking after Rich left (and then pretty much everyone else I liked left soon after). One day, around episode 30 of the P4 ER, I came to the site because I was bored. Watched that, then watched every other episode, then eventually made an account.

Still visit Gamespot, but only the pages for specific games (Guides, forums, etc). The forums move pretty fast (possibly the main reason I visit them) and they don't seem to have more or less trolls than anywhere else. But yeah, I think the "Nail in the coffin" for me watching Gamespot's stuff was when both TTV and On The Spot went on a long hiatus. OTS never really got back to the old "goodness" it was, and TTV never came back before I left.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I followed Jeff's blog after Gamespot and was there when they first revealed the name and logo and everything. Been here ever since. God help me.

Mono_Listo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Mono_Listo

I was in my lawyers waiting room along with a young sailor woman (is there a specific term for a female sailor?), and she was listening to it. She apologized because her iPhone earphones broke and she didn't have any others, but I didn't mind, I eventually went and sat next to her so I could hear the entire thing clearly. Turns out we were both there for the same type of citation. She gave me Bombcast, I ended up giving her something else.

Thanks Bombcast!

ShaunassNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ShaunassNZ

Got told to go to the site by a friend, made an account, tried using the search bar, got pissed off and left, came back and made a new account with my new email address (this my second address and prolly my last) like a few months later.

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Lunar_Aura

At the time I registered here, I don't remember why I did. I started watching the DP Endurance Runs and wanted to sign up. Lo and behold, I already signed up nearly 2 years ago. Yes, I totally forgot I registered.
Domdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Domdog

A friend told me about Perseona  sent me to the P4 endurace run episode where Funky Student made an appearance. I bookmarked Giant Bomb and ordered P4 that same day.

solidlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By solidlife

Loved the Gamespot podcast, followed over to GB

harrypmgaga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By harrypmgaga

Watching the "How to Build a Bomb Series"...again...and again...and again. 

Then again, all that watching helped me when I moved into the business.