What was your first Platinum Trophy?

Avatar image for deactivated-6157afb2b3c07
deactivated-6157afb2b3c07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

I remember very specifically when the trophy system was implemented into the PS3. It wasn't until now though that I got my first Platinum Trophy, which I got after finishing The Walking Dead. (I'm more of an achievements guy) Which was your first Platinum Trophy?

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By mosespippy

My first plat was the first plat available: Uncharted Drakes Fortune. I also had all the Super Stardust HD trophies, so I had all the trophies available at the time.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By RE_Player1

@mosespippy said:

My first plat was the first plat available: Uncharted Drakes Fortune. I also had all the Super Stardust HD trophies, so I had all the trophies available at the time.

I was going to plat Uncharted 1 because, like you said, it was the first plat. Unfortunately I had a save bug and the Crushing difficulty never unlocked. I have every other trophy except that one. My first plat ended up being Dead Space.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Hizang

Saints Row the Third, followed by Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown, thats all I have.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I believe it was Borderlands, and then Uncharted 2.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mosespippy: Weren't the trophies in SSHD pretty insane? I seem to remember that being a big achievement, but they then changed it didn't they?

TooSweet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TooSweet

Borderlands 2

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mosespippy

@msavo said:

@mosespippy said:

I was going to plat Uncharted 1 because, like you said, it was the first plat. Unfortunately I had a save bug and the Crushing difficulty never unlocked. I have every other trophy except that one. My first plat ended up being Dead Space.

Uncharted had the medals system before the trophy system was added so when the game came out I was going for those. Unfortunately it came out during my midterms so I got to a particularly difficult part and spent about five hours on one room of enemies. I had to stop and didn't have time to pick it up again until the trophy system came out. I had to create a new save, play through hard again and restart crushing to get trophies so I was glad the trophy system gave me a reason to try again. Then I replayed it again a couple years later after my old PS3 broke and I got a replacement. So I've played through that game a lot and I think it absolutely warrants a replay every couple of years. You should go back and try again. Just watch out for that fucking flooded room in the fortress.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sinusoidal

Lego Harry Potter...

It's also my only platinum......

I haven't the patience nor skill to platinum most games.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RE_Player1

@mosespippy: Fuck dude I remember just playing on Hard that water part in the fortress was a fucking pain in the ass. I also remember the part, either the first or second time, you get to that church like building where all the snipers were really got annoying.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mosespippy

@MrPilkington: They were pretty insane. The Bomber one especially. I don't think they changed it but I wouldn't know since I already got them. One thing they did change sometime between the 2.0 and 5.0 patches was the way that custom soundtracks are implemented and I think the game suffers because of it. The 3D implementation is baller though. Another really fucking difficult game is Pixel Junk Eden and I have 97% completion in that.

Muerthoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Muerthoz

Fallout 3 was my first platinum and Borderlands was my second. I also got all the trophies in Noby Noby Boy but there's no platinum for it.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mosespippy

@msavo: A pro tip that I picked up at some point somewhere is to stand behind objects instead of using the cover system. There seems to be different enemy AI depending on if you are in cover or not. It's particularly useful in both those places.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#14  Edited By Yummylee

Think it was Borderlands. Also fun fact: The most platinum'd game of all time is Assassin's Creed II! A product of timing no doubt, as it must have been released close to when trophies started to integrate.

@msavo said:

@mosespippy: Fuck dude I remember just playing on Hard that water part in the fortress was a fucking pain in the ass. I also remember the part, either the first or second time, you get to that church like building where all the snipers were really got annoying.

Drake's Fortune on the higher difficulties is pretty fucking tough, I agree. I've completed it Crushing mode (which I loathed playing through), but after all that I just couldn't be arsed with the collectibles, especially since they don't track how many have been collected per chapter, so I gave up on the platinum. Kudos to mosespippy in any case!

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By N7

LittlebigPlanet. Yeah, go ahead, complain about how hard Uncharted is. Go ahead, complain about how hard any video game is. It's not comparable to LBP. The Bunker is the most fucked up level in a video game and I still have nightmares about it.

That Platinum I fought tooth and nail for, and it was my first. I now have many, but I will remember that one.

Avatar image for deactivated-6510b42705eab
deactivated-6510b42705eab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

Dragon Age: Origins. I loved that game.

TepidShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#17  Edited By TepidShark

Prince of Persia 2008. Fairly easy especially if you have multiple save files along the way.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#18  Edited By Yummylee

@NapTimeSleeper said:

Dragon Age: Origins. I loved that game.

Man, I totally should have that platinum, but the trophies glitched on me. For example, I have trophy for killing like 1000 Darkspawn but not the one for killing 500... Played so much of that game and I'm a little disappointed that my trophies can't reflect that fact.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9e9473c7960
deactivated-5d9e9473c7960

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs

GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By GalacticPunt

My first platinum was Final Fantasy XIII. I neither loved nor hated putting 100 hours into that, but I had to 100% it out of some weird respect to a series I grew up with.

Followed that with Assassin's Creed II, because it was easy. Then Saints Row: The Third because it was fucking awesome. Recently platinum'ed Sly Cooper 1, which was easy and pretty fun.

@Hizang: Hate to be a wet blanket, but Virtua Fighter 5 doesn't have a platinum trophy. Fun to S-rank, but no platinum. Now the achievements on the old 360 retail version, they were totally bonkers...

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#21  Edited By TechnoSyndrome

Metal Gear Solid 3. Also my only Platinum Trophy.

Geralt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Geralt

Fallout 3 and that'll be it. No more.

devise22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By devise22

Uncharted 1 for me. I have gone on to Plat 13 games I think. Uncharted on crushing had some pretty hard moments. But the most frustrating platinum I obtained was probably Heavy Rain. Needed a full on guide for that one.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MetalBaofu
shootermcclay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By shootermcclay

Fallout 3. That was 26 platinums ago.

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

Borderlands or Fallout 3 I think or it could have been either God of War 1 or God of War 2 from the first GOW HD collection.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#27  Edited By recroulette

Virtue's Last Reward about 3 weeks ago. The Walking Dead is my second.  

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By LiquidPrince

Arkham Asylum.

cclemon36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By cclemon36

Trine 2. Getting platinums can be a lot of fun, but more often than not I'll get real close and then lose interest or patience.

talkingtoast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By talkingtoast

Jak n' Daxter HD. The Walking Dead will be second when I play through the last ep !

loiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#31  Edited By loiv

My first platinum was Tekken 6, followed that with God of War and God of War II from my 24 Platinum Trophy.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By awesomeusername

Burnout Paradise. It was the first game I had that got trophies and I loved that game to death so I had fun getting the platinum. Most recent one was The Walking Dead which I just beat like 20 minutes ago. I'm going to cry all day manana because of that game. I'm sitting at 17 platinums now. I have a couple more games I have to platinum like Enslaved, Sly Collection, Dishonored, Borderlands, Uncharted 2/3, etc....

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By VanderSEXXX

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. My 1st and only platinum.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#35  Edited By Hizang

@GalacticPunt said:

My first platinum was Final Fantasy XIII. I neither loved nor hated putting 100 hours into that, but I had to 100% it out of some weird respect to a series I grew up with.

Followed that with Assassin's Creed II, because it was easy. Then Saints Row: The Third because it was fucking awesome. Recently platinum'ed Sly Cooper 1, which was easy and pretty fun.

@Hizang: Hate to be a wet blanket, but Virtua Fighter 5 doesn't have a platinum trophy. Fun to S-rank, but no platinum. Now the achievements on the old 360 retail version, they were totally bonkers...

Oh right, ok so just one then :P

Although, about to get the Walking Dead one tonight.

civid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#36  Edited By civid

@Bucketdeth: I have those two as well. UC2 is extremely easy, I think it took me 30 hours. Borderlands took a lot of grinding though. I also have all the trophies in Machinarium.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By JZ

Fallout 3

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By thebunnyhunter

I think it was Infamous....such a fun game to do everything in, except when i only needed one more blast shard and had already scanned the city twice only to find it in the most obvious of spots

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#39  Edited By me3639

I just got Killzone HD a couple of weeks ago, wish it would get updated on the site.

Cyrus_Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Cyrus_Saren

God of War II. The first actual PS3 game I got a Platinum for was inFamous.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Kerned

My first one was last night for Walking Dead, and I feel it was well earned after the emotional meat grinder that game put me though.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Canteu

Pretty sure my first 1000/1000 was CoD 2

blueinferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By blueinferno

Infamous 2, I believe.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#44  Edited By MildMolasses

Dante's Inferno. I just wanted to have one, and that was it because it doesn't require a lot of effort

Joey_Connell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Joey_Connell

I think it was fallout 3. I don't really go for trophies/achievements but the trophies were a good way of seeing all the best side quests and hidden areas. For the same reasons i platinumed skyrim and sleeping dogs. I was thinking about going for persona 4 golden but some of them are crazy.

psykhophear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 142

#46  Edited By psykhophear
Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Lord_Xp

I got very close to getting a plat on Skyrim, but I got bored of playing the game so I didn't care anymore. I like getting trophies but not crazy about getting platinums all the time.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By mosespippy

@Yummylee said:

Think it was Borderlands. Also fun fact: The most platinum'd game of all time is Assassin's Creed II! A product of timing no doubt, as it must have been released close to when trophies started to integrate.

@msavo said:

Drake's Fortune on the higher difficulties is pretty fucking tough, I agree. I've completed it Crushing mode (which I loathed playing through), but after all that I just couldn't be arsed with the collectibles, especially since they don't track how many have been collected per chapter, so I gave up on the platinum. Kudos to mosespippy in any case!

I think what I did was get a list of all treasures and crossed them off as I found them. After going through hard and crushing there wasn't much left to find and I had the names of all the missing ones so I was able to just look up those specific ones in a guide.

Incidentally, Assassin's Creed II is my most recent platinum, which I got a week or two ago. If I recall correctly, ACII came out the same week as Uncharted 2, so that would have been holiday 2009. Trophies became mandatory for releases after Jan 1, 2009 but was already in most releases a few months before that. I would say it benefited from not having multiplayer trophies, not requiring multiple play throughs and coming out at the late stages of the steep part of the sales curve. Due to the high number of new PS3 owners it had a high chance of being someone's only PS3 game.

pjacobson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#49  Edited By pjacobson21

I only have two. First one was Borderlands. Wasn't really all that difficult save for a little bit of grinding to reach level 50.

Second one was Dark Souls. Yup, I'm that guy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@GalacticPunt: Yeah, if you are talking about S-Rank then I S-Ranked Linger in the Shadows. That weird motion-art... umm... thing... on the PSN, but there was no platinum trophy.