What would it take for you to (re)purchase a GB membership?

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By CaLe

A premium podcast where they talk about games in more depth. They often gloss over what they've been playing in the Bombcast without saying very much about the game itself.

Still, I did just re-subscribe today even though I felt I wouldn't cave in to the promotion.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Money.

andmm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Bring back random PC game

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Um,for my current subscription to run out? I don't ever plan on not subscribing.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Giantstalker

I'm not repurchasing a subscription, once this one runs out that's it.

More attention devoted to things I actually play would be nice. Less of a focus on indie releases, and a more in depth look at major titles & their DLC (BF4 springs to mind for me).

As said above, a podcast laser-focused on a single major release, only featuring two or three commentators, would be a good start. Talk about the game, keep it maybe an hour long. The Bombcast is still good, but all the non-relevant conversation which has nothing to do with gaming is getting pretty old for me. I could definitely do without it, probably with 95% of the emails also.

An endurance run would also potentially be a positive move but we all know that's not happening any time soon.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@valjean9430: It's not often they've all played and finished the same game at around the same time to do that kind of podcast, but ideally yeah, that'd be really cool. I meant just more commentary on what they've been playing in general. That's what I enjoy most about the Bombcast and they often take too long to get to it and then rush through it to get to news.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jesus_Phish

Well Jeff put up a notice on twitter about a mothers day sale so... that got me to buy a sub for a year.

AlecOfTheWest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Endurance run, random pc game; more videos focusing on certain games that aren't necessarily qls. UPFs have been somewhat fun, but I feel like I skip through most of it just to watch Vinny or Jeff play their (actually fun) games.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By monkeyking1969

I just get one, I think what they do currently is worth it.

VannaDwight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By VannaDwight

@demoskinos said:

Um,for my current subscription to run out? I don't ever plan on not subscribing.

I'll second this

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By Nux

I'm happy with the content Giantbomb provides and I happily let it auto renew every year.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

Daily Dota isn't a subscriber thing, is it? I thought it was like TNT where the stream is free but the archive is subscriber only, but you can still watch it on twitch.

Anyway... What would it take?

Money.

Dat paper.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The Mothers Day sale got me good. Real good. It's gonna be fun working through my backlog of premium content.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

If they hired me?

Otherwise I'm at least locked in for awhile, since my free time for gaming wanes but my time for editorial through informal reaction remains more flexible.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#18  Edited By Yummylee

I dunno, for them to surprise me with something a little more creative than another Lets Play series or off-topic podcast. Also, for the site to be more stable and for there to be more site investment in the wiki.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#19  Edited By Kidavenger

I'm happy with what they are doing now.

There is a danger in them doing too much as I want to watch the majority of it and I only have so much time.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like this site and the people who run it, so I'll continue to support them even if premium content sucks. I'd like to have more, but I don't think that's possible for them at the moment

Palmlykta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Although I'm currently subscribing and don't see that changing anytime soon, a while back I let it lapse (during one of the 'barren times' I guess). What bought me back was my unyeilding sense of commitment, nay loyalty, to the brave souls of GiantBomb and their evergreen office. In other words I don't remember, but I think it had something to do with RANDOM PC GAME. Specifically what springs to mind was the time when, without warning, Vinny and Dave played Daggerfall on a Sunday, so good!

I'm sorry if this constitues a 'wall of text'.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

They've got to fix the video encoding or capture. I use my subscription to watch HD videos of games so I have some idea of what they look like. I could not see ANY detail on Titanfall to be able to tell the difference between the consoles. I use the download feature, too. Neither gives me decent video quality of the games.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#24  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan
@demoskinos said:

Um, for my current subscription to run out? I don't ever plan on not subscribing.

Ditto.

savepoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

As long as they keep doing what they are doing, I will always subscribe. I love the staff and the community... 50 bucks is well worth supporting this dumb website and the hundreds of hours of content I watch and listen to every year.

MrDurden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Mothers Day sale was good enough to get me to finally subscribe for the first time.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#27 sgtsphynx  Moderator

yep, though I need to come up with the paper to re-up in September.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the constructive criticism's cool and all, but all this jumping on the negative nancy train's kinda bumming me out to be honest.

it took me a while to start subscribing, but it'd have to take a major gutting of the current staff or closing of the site to make me stop i think. i just love these guys too much, thick and thin.

Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Teoball

Been paying since it was possible to pay. I don't see anything in the near future that is going to change that.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

A $35.00 dollar coupon code for a year subscription that can only occur on mother's day.

emofratparty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@valjean9430:

1. A dedicated second monitor.

2. More one-on-one stuff with Jeff.

3. A weekly jam/play session with local studios.

4. More community events.

5. More stuff like Breaking Brad and Vinny vs. Castlevania.

I'll probably get a subscription anyway once #1 is taken care of, but I like the direction they're going.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

In reality, it would take for Jeff and Vinny to continue to be working there in order for me to keep paying for premium.

Things I would like to see:

• Random PC Game to return
  • I'd like some sort of monthly premium spoilercast or something where the group dives deep into a game every month.
  • UPF to be given a make over... it's not a good show.
  • Scrub League
  • some heavily produced show. I miss the days of TANG and Rorie's video features from Screened, I think they can do those types of videos again.
Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I don't think there's anything wrong with the amount of content subscribers are getting at the moment. If anything they should have more free stuff. I imagine we will start to get that once they get the two new duders on board.

Another Endurance Run sure would be cool though.

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

I want another ER. I just like knowing that every day I come to the site there will be a new piece of content. I would also like for them to stop going to do these stupid panels and other off site stuff. The site practically shuts down for two weeks just so we can get a couple hour long videos and it really fucking sucks. E3 in particular just seems silly to go to. I would rather the guys just sit down on the couch and comment on the live streams like they did for the PS4/X-Box 3 reveal. That way we get their knee jerk reactions to what's on screen.

GValo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't plan on not being a subscriber. But if there's one thing I want to see more of...

More "Building the bastion" type features. Sit down with a dev and discuss the road it took them to get their title out

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#38  Edited By GunstarRed

More pictures of naked ladies on the front page.

Wraxend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@demoskinos said:

Ya beat me to it.

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ervonymous

Even though I wasn't that into comics or movies I really liked Happy Hour. The segments were often cobbled together but it had structure, it was to the point and I was left wanting more. It was fun seeing the crew thrown a bit off balance, not being able to just wing it. Something akin to that, I guess.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to give Giant Bomb one last year when my subscription runs out this winter, but that's it for me.

There's a lot of things I want them to change so I can't pinpoint just one thing. More like a concept. In the abstract I just wish they'd give a shit again.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@cale said:

A premium podcast where they talk about games in more depth. They often gloss over what they've been playing in the Bombcast without saying very much about the game itself.

Still, I did just re-subscribe today even though I felt I wouldn't cave in to the promotion.

Even though this probably wouldn't work with there current content; this.

Also, I don't need to watch them play an entire game like a Let's Play, but I thought the way they did Dark Souls II was rather brilliant. They should've done that twice a week and kept going until the end. Do that stuff for more games. Thing is, I often rewatch old Quick Looks to fit the game I'm playing. For instance, I got back into The Secret World and watched the Quick Look again, but it's only showing Jeff in the starting area. If there were a couple more video's on that game, each showing the progression and different stages of the game, that would completely suit my needs.

Also, most importantly perhaps, Jar Time. When I first signed up there was Jar Time like literally every week. Beginning of last year that changed to once ever 3-4 weeks. Last half of last year there was one ever 1,5 months or so. This year there have been 2 so far, I think. I need my Jar fix.

OleMarthin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'll still pay just to support the site, it's cheap enough that i don't really feel an impact on my economy.

I do wish I love Monday and question of the week would return, but not in the recorded on the phone style.

a scrub league sort of feature once a month would be nice and a good opportunity for including gamespot and other people who work for CBSi.

some sort of gameshow like feature, one member of the staf challenges the rest to a gaming related competition or something like that could be fun.

Azurath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Azurath

TNT! TNT! TNT!

I would buy a year subscription if they announced that features would be more timely. UPF is the only "This is guaranteed each week" feature, right? Commitment to new features is a problem around these parts, and fixing that could go a long way.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would continue the sentiment that my current subscription would need to run out for me to subscribe again, but it already does it for me :D.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Ry_Ry

I would need a throne of gold, Tesla model s, and another year to pass for my subscription to lapse.

OK well maybe only the last thing.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gil

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A firm handshake from Jeffrey Gehertsmin.

NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even though I wasn't that into comics or movies I really liked Happy Hour. The segments were often cobbled together but it had structure, it was to the point and I was left wanting more. It was fun seeing the crew thrown a bit off balance, not being able to just wing it. Something akin to that, I guess.

I really do miss the Happy Hours. Along with the P4 ER, they were my favorite content this site ever did. The Screened segments with Rorie and Alex were great, and Will and Norm's Tested segments made me laughed out loud on so many occasions. Don't plan on unsubbing, but it would be awesome to see interns return to Giant Bomb.