What would you like to see in E3 2021 digital event?

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gtxforza

Hello

One more month until E3 2021 digital event, the game that I would personally love to see Forza Motorsport Reboot, I've heard rumors saying this game's career mode might be story-driven just like Codemasters' Toca Race Driver series, I hope Turn 10 won't ruin this game's franchise.

Unfortunately, Sony won't be attending E3 2021 and we will see if they have the intention to return by next year.

The following companies that will be attending are:

• Microsoft
  • Nintendo
  • Ubisoft
  • Square Enix
  • Many others.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Zac Efron and Snoop Dogg.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I'd like to see a good show with interesting announcements.

I doubt I will see that.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

Dates

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5 bigsocrates  Online

I just want to see a bunch of interesting looking single player games announced, preferably some of them coming by the end of the year. Don't really have specific desires as to who announces them or what IP they are etc... We're at the start of a new hardware generation so other than PSVR2 (which won't be at the show) I doubt we'll see any cool new hardware (Switch Pro is possible I guess) so I just want to see games.

And what I don't want to see is a bunch of live services/multiplayer/microtransaction platform stuff, which is what I'm afraid we're actually going to see given recent news from Ubisoft and EA.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want to see a bunch of interesting looking single player games announced, preferably some of them coming by the end of the year. Don't really have specific desires as to who announces them or what IP they are etc... We're at the start of a new hardware generation so other than PSVR2 (which won't be at the show) I doubt we'll see any cool new hardware (Switch Pro is possible I guess) so I just want to see games.

And what I don't want to see is a bunch of live services/multiplayer/microtransaction platform stuff, which is what I'm afraid we're actually going to see given recent news from Ubisoft and EA.

Sure, we will find out by next month when it happens.

For Nintendo's E3 2021, I really hope to see their new F-Zero and Excite Truck!

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bigsocrates  Online

@gtxforza: A lot of people want a new F-Zero and there's not even a hint that it's on the way. Excite Truck (why Truck specifically and not Bike or Bots or whatever?) is even less likely.

We're more likely to see that Starfox racing game that was rumored for a while but seems to have been canceled.

But honestly your best shot there may be WipeOut for PS5. I could see Sony doing a version of that to take advantage of the Dualsense, and honestly WipeOut is pretty good.

Surprised you don't want to see Fast RMX 2. That's also more likely than F-Zero.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By gtxforza

@bigsocrates said:

@gtxforza: A lot of people want a new F-Zero and there's not even a hint that it's on the way. Excite Truck (why Truck specifically and not Bike or Bots or whatever?) is even less likely.

We're more likely to see that Starfox racing game that was rumored for a while but seems to have been canceled.

But honestly your best shot there may be WipeOut for PS5. I could see Sony doing a version of that to take advantage of the Dualsense, and honestly WipeOut is pretty good.

Surprised you don't want to see Fast RMX 2. That's also more likely than F-Zero.

I nearly forgot about the Wipeout series that should come to PS5 but for me, I would prefer to see MotorStorm return on PS5, thanks for reminding me about Wipeout though.

For Fast RMX on Switch, it's a good game but not as exciting as the F-Zero series.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bigsocrates  Online

@gtxforza: You can want whatever you want, but some franchises are much more likely to get new entries than others. F-Zero is unlikely from everything Nintendo has said recently. Sony closed Evolution Studio and the team moved over to Codemasters (now part of EA) so the chances of a Motorstorm revival seem very low.

Wipeout is seen as a major PlayStation franchise and its most recent entry was only a few years ago. Shin'En has made a lot of racing games in the Fast RMX style (Fast RMX itself was an expanded version of a Wii U game) so those games seem more likely than F-Zero and Motorstorm.

That doesn't mean you have to want them more, but chances are better of you actually getting those.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By gtxforza

@bigsocrates said:

@gtxforza: You can want whatever you want, but some franchises are much more likely to get new entries than others. F-Zero is unlikely from everything Nintendo has said recently. Sony closed Evolution Studio and the team moved over to Codemasters (now part of EA) so the chances of a Motorstorm revival seem very low.

Wipeout is seen as a major PlayStation franchise and its most recent entry was only a few years ago. Shin'En has made a lot of racing games in the Fast RMX style (Fast RMX itself was an expanded version of a Wii U game) so those games seem more likely than F-Zero and Motorstorm.

That doesn't mean you have to want them more, but chances are better of you actually getting those.

Perhaps Sony XDev Europe should able to resurrect MotorStorm, just like how they remastered WipEout HD as WipEout Omega Collection.

For Shin'en Multimedia, they should obtain an F-Zero license from Nintendo so they can make a new F-Zero installment for Switch or its successor.

Thanks for your advice.

ALLTheDinos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Things I Would Like To See That Are Probably Unrealistic: Elden Ring gameplay footage, Starfield gameplay footage, Sony participation.

More Realistically: Games being released in summer / early fall 2021, some sort of “coming to Game Pass in the next few months” montage (preferably with dates).

Mostly though I just want to see Jeff and co. talk over the announcements, because I enjoy that way more than just the raw footage.

franzlska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Honestly, the most I'm hoping for is just a centralized event that has some amount of cohesion. Others have said it before, but last year's "everyone does their own streams we don't need E3" solution felt like almost nothing to me. Sure, the total number of announcements and """"press conferences"""" remained the same, but when spread out across three months instead of three days, it made it a lot harder to feel much of anything for the presentations that weren't Sony/Microsoft. Maybe that's something which would improve with time as companies find their footing, but I still don't think anything will replace the classic "Week of E3" for me short of a similarly structured series of presentations.

Were I to make exact predictions: some more Splatoon 3 details, probably story mode related, probably a Smash DLC character trailer, some sort of acknowledgement of Halo Infinite (but nothing substantial), and probably fairly standard conferences from Ubisoft and EA (if they're showing, I think they might have announced their own thing for that time period.) Most of Square's projects right now feel Western focused (the new LiS, Avengers, etc.), so I feel like most of their conference will be spent on those alongside maybe some Endwalker trailers, FF7R Intergrade, and some back-catalogue announcements.

And, of course, here's hoping for some good old-fashioned GB talkovers.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Starfield gameplay, Breath of the Wild 2 info, a cool new unexpected IP.

I also just want a set-in-stone 2021 release date for a game I am nominally excited about so I have something to look forward to (I’m hoping against hope for Starfield but I’m expecting Horizon 2, from whatever State of Play thing happens near E3). It’s a little thing, but it’s psychologically pleasing to have a date circled on my calendar with a big release date and 2021 is so far the first year since maybe 2014 where there isn’t currently something coming out that fits the bill. Half the time I’m tremendously disappointed by whatever it winds up being (the Outer Worlds/Cyberpunk 2019/2020 one-two punch of mediocrity was not great) but it’s a nice little carrot nonetheless.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Hi, I'm Geoff Keighley. Bombs are placed all around the auditorium and I will execute these hostages until my demands are met."

All from his living room.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For Sony, I guess that they will host their own online showcase instead.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By cikame  Online

Cool games... i don't know...
My favourite thing about E3 was GB reactions and Crowbcat making a funny video about it, but there aren't many games i'm looking forward to, so it's a perfect time for me to see stuff.
Also i want to see how they're going to ruin Perfect Dark.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I probably say this every year but no matter what, the thing I want most isn't something specific but just a general sense of actually being surprised and excited about something new.

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By AV_Gamer

I want to see Rockstar announce GTA6 with a trailer and even gameplay if possible, since its rumored that the game is already finished and put on the back burner because of how ridiculously well GTA Online is still doing. I also want to see an update on Bully 2, which I look forward to playing.

From Blizzard, I want to see what Overwatch 2 is going to be and how different it is from the original game. I loved the original even though I've fell off of it for over a year now. I also want a Diablo 4 release date. I think the game is already ready to go and Blizzard is playing games with its release like OW2.

From Sony, I want to see what the next chapter in the FFVII remake is going to be and if it will still maintain the awesome production values that the Midgar arc received, minus that horrible looking door. And will the PS5 FFVII remake release fix that damn door. And will they finally make FFXIV free to play and will there be another trailer for FFXVI

From Naughty Dog; I want to know when we are getting TLOU2 PS5 release and if it will cost extra or will it be free. Will there be addition story DLC if its not free? And will there be another Uncharted with a new protagonist?

There are many things I want to see, but this post is getting long.

The real question is, will GB post the trailers on their website or completely ignore doing so?

Mopopolis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want to see games announced with reasonable release dates attached to them, please no more "Announce game then go silent for 2+ years" stuff for the love of god.

Oh and announce Mad Max 2, Sleepy Dogs 2 and Alan Wake 2 you cowards.

Kemuri07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone holding out hope for GTA 6 is going to be waiting for...never. Considering the billions Rockstar is making off of online or simply re-releasing GTA V, plus that many of the lead creatives that had an active hand in Rockstar's singleplayer games have left, it's hard to see Rockstar ever making a GTA 6, much less another singleplayer title.

If they do GTAVI, it will most likely have Online be a heavy presence in the game.

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

From MS/Bethesda:

• Unannounced stuff from some of their studios - particularly Compulsion Games
  • A new look at Halo Infinite that impresses the audience
  • Starfield gameplay and a hopefully not-so-distant release date/window
  • Hopefully some exciting exclusive that launches this year that isn't Halo Infinite

From Sony:

• More details on Horizon and God of War
  • Hopefully confirmation on Last of Us 2 multiplayer
  • Maybe details on PSVR2 and potentially Half Life Alyx or some other big Valve VR game (Gabe hinted at 'steam games on console'...whatever that means)
  • The ever hopeful but highly unlikely announcement of Bloodborne 2

From others:

• Breath of the Wild 2 release date/window
  • Far Cry 6 Gameplay
  • Battlefield 6 Gameplay (will most likely appear at EA Live)

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

@av_gamer: Not sure if this is enough for you, but this just got announced a couple of hours ago:

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/05/19/the-last-of-us-part-ii-performance-patch-for-ps5/

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@big_denim: It is, good looking out. Now to wait and see if any future DLC will be announced during E3.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@av_gamer: Not sure if this is enough for you, but this just got announced a couple of hours ago:

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/05/19/the-last-of-us-part-ii-performance-patch-for-ps5/

I thought Naughty Dog wouldn't even care about The Last Of Us Part II since it flopped, due to an unsatisfying plot.

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AV_Gamer

@gtxforza: The Last of Us Part II didn't flop. It was one of the most successful selling games in the history of the Playstation consoles. Also majority of people both critics and fans liked the game. Its the ones who didn't like the game that were the most loud in voicing so. And it won tons of awards and was the second or third most voted game in the GB 2020 GOTY community voting results, with Hades being number one.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Hayt

Hoping for Battlfield 6 to be fully unveiled by their EA show in soon July as the trailer seems to be leaking out all over the net. I'd love to see more of Obsidian's next gen stuff like Avowed. Same with Weird West from Raph "Dishonored/Prey" Colantonio's new team.

I wouldn't mind seeing more of the Hogwarts game but maybe they're going to sneak that one out due to the ongoing shitstorm. I'd like to find out anything about the Massive (dev) Star Wars game but I feel like that's a long way off, oh and maybe Respawn will admit they're making Fallen Order 2.

More than anything I want to see new shit that I'm not expecting that looks cool. That's always the best.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hayt: We will find out how Battlefield 6 going to turn out once it get released by 2022.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By gtxforza

@big_denim said:

From MS/Bethesda:

• Unannounced stuff from some of their studios - particularly Compulsion Games
  • A new look at Halo Infinite that impresses the audience
  • Starfield gameplay and a hopefully not-so-distant release date/window
  • Hopefully some exciting exclusive that launches this year that isn't Halo Infinite

From Sony:

• More details on Horizon and God of War
  • Hopefully confirmation on Last of Us 2 multiplayer
  • Maybe details on PSVR2 and potentially Half Life Alyx or some other big Valve VR game (Gabe hinted at 'steam games on console'...whatever that means)
  • The ever hopeful but highly unlikely announcement of Bloodborne 2

From others:

• Breath of the Wild 2 release date/window
  • Far Cry 6 Gameplay
  • Battlefield 6 Gameplay (will most likely appear at EA Live)

I hope Microsoft and Sony's 1st party studios will do well for their game developments in the next gen!

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

Hoping for something Banjo-Kazooie related but not holding my breath.