What would you like to see in Killlzone 4?

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ShadowMoses900

Killzone is one of my favorite games this gen and seeing how there are so many rumors about the PS4 I thought it would be a good time to discuss the future of the Killzone series. I have no doubt that Gurilla Games is working on a new Killzone title, they have gone "dark" so to speak and haven't shown off any new games aside from a Vita title. And seeing how Killzone 3 ended on a cliff hangar, it makes sense for Killzone 4 to be a PS4 title. Which makes perfect sense, having a strong FPS title fresh out the gate with great MP would easily ensure the game's success and would no doubt draw in new fans.

Anyway here is what I would like to see:

-Improved story line. This is a big one, the story line in Killzone is weak and forgettable, and most of the characters come across as annoying.

-New Co-Op mode WITH online support. In Killzone 1 they had four different characters, it would be great for the next Killzone game to offer a seperate side co-op based campaign with up to 4 different characters, all with their own unique abilities and skills.

-Split Screen Options. As great as Killzone's multiplayer is, the lack of being able to play it locally is a disappointment.

-More Mech/Jet Pack/Vehicle options. There are only a few maps with mechs and jet packs in Killzone 3, for the next game they should offer more of these options far more often.

-Tone down the Snipers a bit. The snipers in Killzone 3 are a bit over powered, and their cloak should not be infinite either.

What would you like to see?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Justin258

You know the dude that pretty much undid everything you just did in Killzone 2 because he couldn't hold back his trigger finger? I think his name was Rico?

Yeah, I want Kratos to descend from the heavens and rips his guts out. Freaking idiot.

EDIT: Worth mentioning: I haven't beaten Killzone 3 so I don't know if that happens in it.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#3  Edited By ShadowMoses900

@believer258 said:

You know the dude that pretty much undid everything you just did in Killzone 2 because he couldn't hold back his trigger finger? I think his name was Rico?

Yeah, I want Kratos to descend from the heavens and rips his guts out. Freaking idiot.

EDIT: Worth mentioning: I haven't beaten Killzone 3 so I don't know if that happens in it.

Oh well I won't spoil anything for you, but unfortunately Rico is still in the game. But he's not as annoying as he was in Killzone 2.

I would REALLY like them to improve the story line for the series.

Avatar image for blastprocessing
BlastProcessing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By BlastProcessing

I want a total reboot. The "story" is not worth giving a shit about, especially after the end of the third game.

Also, fuck Rico.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@BlastProcessing said:

I want a total reboot. The "story" is not worth giving a shit about, especially after the end of the third game.

Also, fuck Rico.

I concur. The premise and art design are pretty great, but they need a tighter script and more well-rounded characters to really make Killzone shine. Also, probably a better name than "Killzone."

Quick sidebar, but aside from Visari is there any other central antagonist in Killzone's fiction? He's the only one I can think of and.. well, yeah.

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By phantomzxro

I would want a more successful try at telling a more personal story kind of like resistance 3 but done better. I want them to take the time to see the world of killzone and not just the battlefields. Take the time to build some characters you care about and enemies you hate. Then move to the battlefields and have more of a care for fighting and winning.

Mr402

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Mr402

I wish many of these FPS franchises would simply chuck the SP portion of the game all together. Concentrate on a excellent multiplayer experience which is what gives the game legs and focus on that. Games like Crysis, Far Cry and BioShock that do single player justice can continue. Your CoD's, BF's and yes Killzone's SP campaigns while pretty to look at are completely redundant and needless. I can honestly say I haven't finished any of them.

Hosstile17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Hosstile17

All I want out of a new Killzone is the thing I have always wanted out of Killzone a narrative that equates to something more than a series of setpieces with little more than passing interest in storytelling.

Also, fuck Rico.

ssj4raditz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ssj4raditz

What if you played from the perspective of a Helgan soldier?

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By mosespippy

I want a Killzone RTS. The universe has lots of established units that lend themselves to such a game. Spider mines, dogs, jet packs units, turrets, attack drones, arc towers, those stupid carrier ships, space frigates, capture soldiers, mechs, and on and on. If there is a touch pad on the Orbis controller like the rumours suggest then an RTS game could work.

If it's just another shooter then I basically want Killzone 2 multiplayer with two changes. First, maps large enough for the number of players that the game supports. In KZ2 only Pyrrhus Rise was large enough for 32 players. Every other map was basically big enough for 6v6 except one that was large enough for 10v10. Secondly, Tactician smoke grenades should be for blocking sight rather than as spawn points. As spawn points they made it obvious where teams could spawn camp, especially after they removed spawn protection. They also were never used tactically. You would just throw them as close to the target location as possible and brute force the objective with massive numbers of respawns. If you could spawn on any Tactician rather than on smoke grenades then tacticians would have to play tactically to stay alive near objectives.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Quarters

I just want a continuation of 3, which I thought was underappreciated. And a Luger/Hakha cameo wouldn't hurt.

gogosox82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By gogosox82

I just recently finished killzone 2. I like everything about it expect the charcters and the story. They are both pretty bad to horrible in some spots (especially rico at the end of killzone 2. seriously fuck that guy.) So if they make a game with a better story and characters. I think i'd like it a whole lot more since everything else about it is damn near perfect imo.

DaMisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DaMisterChief

No more killzone

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By TheHBK

Sev shoots Rico in the head on accident, then a chestburster comes out of sev and drags his body away. Then we get an actually good game. Lets bullet sponge enemies and if you want a weighty gun handling model, then make the game realistic. I still have not gotten over how bad the 2nd game was and the bad taste it left in my mouth.

Maybe it was that it was the game that got me to buy a PS3 and I felt like I got tricked. I looked gorgeous, I thought the rotating multiplayer mode thing was genius. But the weighty controls while enemies absorb bullets like nothing and the stupid story and characters killed it for me. Why the fuck would you launch soldiers on flying beds? Why is it that you have a superior force in the sky and yet when it is all obliterated, the Helgan are unable to stop your ragtag remnants from invading your capital and having just one dude kill your leader?

Alekss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Alekss

bewbs

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By colourful_hippie

@BlastProcessing said:

Also, fuck Rico.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By pr1mus

An ending that is not complete garbage would be great. Or just an ending for that matter.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By audiosnow

Do we need Killzone 4? I'm sick enough of trilogies, I really don't need tetralogies.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By BisonHero

I know I'm being a dick to the OP, but I'd like Killzone 4 to have different characters, different gameplay, different story, and a different name. So yeah, I'd prefer the Killzone team just work on a new project. Even if it's another shooter, just go and write a more interesting universe and cast of characters than Killzone has, which shouldn't be very hard.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Ghostiet

I'd like them to hire a writer. But you know, an actual writer. Who can write a fucking script. I don't really give that much of a fuck about the plot in most shooters, but Killzone's not only super dumb, it's also dumb in a way that makes it harder to write a continuation. Whoever is penning the script is the master of writing himself into a corner and completely wasting every single narrative opportunity to achieve nothing instead.

Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jace

@ssj4raditz said:

What if you played from the perspective of a Helgan soldier?

Yes.

@mosespippy said:

I want a Killzone RTS. The universe has lots of established units that lend themselves to such a game. Spider mines, dogs, jet packs units, turrets, attack drones, arc towers, those stupid carrier ships, space frigates, capture soldiers, mechs, and on and on. If there is a touch pad on the Orbis controller like the rumours suggest then an RTS game could work.

That means it'd have to be on PC, and I don't think Sony would do that. Especially with the weight of SC, CoH 2, and the warhammer rts coming very soon. Oh, and Rome 2.

It's a dominated market and I don't think enough people care about the Killzone universe that are also likely to buy a RTS.

BUT ALL OF THAT BEING SAID- That would be fucking awesome. Especially if they did space/sky battles with it.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't like a Killzone 4.