What would you play from this stack?

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By sombre

Poll What would you play from this stack? (169 votes)

Breath of the Wild 47%
Shadow Tactics- Blades of the Shogun 2%
Pillars of Eternity 5%
Assassin's Creed: Origins 12%
Hollow Knight 9%
Iconoclasts 1%
Grim Dawn 2%
Planet Coaster 5%
Battle Chef Brigade 4%
Divinity: Original Sin 2 14%

Hey friends,

Lately, I've ended up picking up an absolute STACK of games. But I've got that typical "choice paralysis" that you get from having too many games!

If you were me, what game/games would you play? I'll just wait for a few people to reply to the poll, and play it in that order!

If you could explain why you chose what you did, that would be super too! I started Zelda and AC: Origins but they didn't really click immediately. I'm sure I'll enjoy them, but the initial few hours didn't really make me wanna carry on immediately!

• 
FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Pillars of Eternity because its awesome! :D

The_Greg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pillars of Eternity. I really like that game a lot. Still not finished it, though.

mcbisquick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say Shadow Tactics. It probably won't be a popular pick because of the stiff competition on that list, but I absolutely adore that game. There's a fair bit of ability-synchronizing to manage which can seem a little daunting at first, but the quicksave/quickload stuff will let you get the hang of its mechanics without too much pressure. It also gives you the freedom to try any "crazy enough to work" idea that pops into your head which was half the fun for me. With plenty of variety to mission goals and approaches, Shadow Tactics might be my favorite stealth game to date.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm holding off until the new edition of Divinity is released then I'm jumping on that monster.

MattGiersoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By MattGiersoni

Everything, because all of them are awesome. If I really had to choose one it'd be between Breath of the Wild and Divinity Original Sin 2, depending on what you want right now. A very very light rpg focused on exploration (BotW) or something more complex (don't let that scare you, you don't have to delve deep into anything, make it as complex as you want), but with good exploration and a great branching story with plenty of choices, good sidequests and varied character creation. If you played OS1 and didn't like the atmosphere then don't worry, it's much darker and serious in OS2 but still with humor here and there, a good mix.

As of today i'd probably go with BotW unless you're willing to wait until 31st of august when Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition comes out with 1000+ changes, improvements and lots of new content! It's also free for existing owners and a separate library entry (if you're on PC that is, otherwise it's also the console release)

Darknorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grim Dawn is the best Diablo. Just saying.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Battle Chef Brigade is short and not very intense. When I was in a state of choice paralysis (where whenever I did try and play something, I just burnt out) it was a great game to rebuild my motivation. After I finished Battle Chef Brigade, I found it much easier to hold my attention with longer games.

The_Greg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darknorth: You sure it's not Victor Vran, The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing, Path of Exile, Titan Quest, Torchlight, Vikings Wolves of Midgard, Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance, Dungeon Siege, Dungeon Hunter, Eternium, Sacred or Marvel Heroes?

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Pillars.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_greg: I can’t comment on all of them, but it sure as shit ain’t Van Helsing.

The_Greg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nutter: I uninstalled that after about an hour of playing.

I personally think that Diablo 3 is the best Diablo-like. I like how easy it is. Perfect for mindlessly destroying baddies and listening to podcasts or music.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Half the list is in my own backlog, but of the ones I've played I'd pick Grim Dawn. In many aspects it's sort of the "worst" one (as far as production value etc), but as far as delivering a long satisfying experience it's the best. Breath of the Wild was largely disappointing for me, and AC you sorta know what you're in for. Hollow Knight is probably the closest contender for me, but I can't think of any reason to pick it over Grim Dawn (other than personal taste ofc) while Grim Dawn has the edge of being deeper. It's sorta hard beating 250ish hours played of Grim Dawn and having enjoyed every single moment of it.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Zelda was my GOTY 2017, so that.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

I am waiting until the end of the month when the D:OS2 Definitive Edition Update is released. I only got 20 hours into it originally, and part of that was a re-roll. It just didn't click with me when it came out, but I think I'm in a better headspace now to get back into it. If you want to play right now, Pillars of Eternity is pretty good.

Sintes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd go for Breath of the Wild, it's a wonderful game even if you're not a huge Zelda fan. Consider Divinity: Original Sin 2 and AC: Origins as well.

Newfangled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hollow Knight, until the patch for Divinity hits at the end of this month.

Avatar image for extremenoisedan
extremenoisedan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hollow Knight, until the patch for Divinity hits at the end of this month.

I'd go with that too

Moskelosk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally I would choose BotW, Grim Dawn or Shadow Tactics, but I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

You probably should play BOTW first, but I'm an AC Origins evangelist and you should really, really play that game at some point. One of the most fully realized open worlds I've ever seen (which, coming from Ubisoft, they of the "paint by numbers" open world design philosophy, is a pretty astounding feat).

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_greg: I’m just not into distraction gaming, personally.

I listen to all the Giant Bomb and GFB stuff while mowing, driving, or otherwise working on manual labor around the house/yard. Same for music (plus working out, I can’t laugh at something when pushing weight and trying to hold form).

So all my games are dedicated attention or distraction while chatting with friends, in-game (Diablo 3 and Crackdown are great BS and play games).

I liked Diablo 2 a lot more, for that reason. I felt it required more attention.