whatcha playing?

Jim_Efantis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Aftee continously falling behind on PlayStation Plus drops I bit the bullet and bought a 500GB hard drive for my old PS3 fat. After installation I am looking forward to playing some more Borderlands and some Devil May Cry. I am also on the last challenge levels of New Super Mario Bros. U which I would like to clear. What about everybody else?

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Just recently bought COD ghosts on ps4 (Since there's not too many games out on ps4, and I was bored). The game feels and looks so fucking dated. The campaign is alright so far, but its a been there done that feeling all around. I haven't play the multiplayer yet because its still installing on my console.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By hippie_genocide

Lately I feel like I watch people play games more than I actually play them myself? Am I alone here? Been digging watching Brad play Demon's Souls and gone back to checking out Loading Our Last Souls w/ Vinny, so I've been working my way through Dark Souls PC trying to get prepped for Dark Souls 2. Also get a little practice time here and there with SSFIV:AE 2012 to stay up to date for when Ultra drops later this year. Still need to finish up ACIV. And thinking of diving back into BF4...is it still a clusterfuck of shit or have they bandaged it up enough to make it a halfway enjoyable experience?

Kem2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've lately found myself working more on hobby's than gaming (Sculpting and Cosplay work mainly). I did however buy Strike Vector last night and briefly tried it out. It's lots of fun but is taking some getting used to, mainly getting my aim down and being able to take other players down more consistently. I'd recommend it to anyone interested though. Thinking about possibly putting up a quick stream of it later.

Also have Super Mario Land 3D to continue. Got a 3DS for Christmas as a surprise and I keep forgetting I have one! Really want to get further in that as I've heard some great things about the latter parts of that game.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By ShaggE

Been playing a lot of You Don't Know Jack (the old ones) now that I don't have to set up a VM to run some of them, thanks to the re-release.

I'm also playing Arkham City for the fifth time, Dark Souls, and Civ IV.

I'm starting to get a hankering for some Myst-likes, too (Obsidian in particular). I have a major urge to play some painfully obtuse and uniquely 90s-looking puzzles.

Edit: Oh, and Rocksmith as always.

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 4

I finished Broken Age this morning. I have been working my way through Dark Souls on PC, but not really trying too hard. Slogging my way through the opening of Assassins creed 3. Might start papers, please.

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 4

I finished Broken Age this morning. I have been working my way through Dark Souls on PC, but not really trying too hard. Slogging my way through the opening of Assassins creed 3. Might start papers, please.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just played a few hours of multiplayer Civilization V with both of the recent expansions. The advisors are pretty fun to read when more than one person in the multiplayer match pick the same nation. As both me and my brother wanted to be Sweden.

And this evening will probably continue with some Dota 2 and possibly get back on the Jackdaw and sail the seas with Assassin's Creed IV.

chobobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Playing Skyrim, ordered Rayman: Legends for the PS4 so that should be coming end of Feb. I also keep having the urge to play DOTA2, download it, installing it, reading some tutorial videos and guides, uninstalling it.

Mustainium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bought DBZ: Battle of Z on the Vita because of the PS+ discount.

Not exactly a good game, but I can certainly squeeze some entertainment out of it.

savepoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Just beat Final Fantasy IV and its interlude (will probably come back in a while to do FFIV: The After Years) and I think I'll start Persona 3 Portable tonight. I'll be playing a lot of JRPGs this year from these last 2 PSN sales. Thinking about picking up Persona 2 IS and EP ($15 for both combined on PSN sale)... need to just pull the trigger... should I?

Jim_Efantis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hippie_genocide: The PC version is jacked up again thanks to the Mantle patch. Gunner seats in any vehicle will typically kick you out of the game. Sad since it ran so well before. Grr.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Zevvion

Making my way through Fire Emblem Awakening, slowly but steadily. I primairly play in bed at night sometimes or when on the train.

Otherwise, started a new XCOM Enemy Within playthrough, a new co-op game of Civilization V, occasionally still help some people in Dark Souls and am playing some The Mighty Quest For Epic Loot every now and then in short bursts.

I find even though I haven't bought a new blockbuster game in a while, I can still enjoy myself with older games that offer a lot of replay value. I've come to appreciated replay value a lot more these last couple of years. I just really like 'gamey' systems.

I will get Jazzpunk though. It looks like a fun experience.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Just beat Final Fantasy IV and its interlude (will probably come back in a while to do FFIV: The After Years) and I think I'll start Persona 3 Portable tonight. I'll be playing a lot of JRPGs this year from these last 2 PSN sales. Thinking about picking up Persona 2 IS and EP ($15 for both combined on PSN sale)... need to just pull the trigger... should I?

I'm actually playing through FFIV right now! And I've played some Persona 3 Portable! Though, I've completed Persona 3 FES, so if Portable needs to go on the backburner... well...

The main games I'm playing right now are Final Fantasy IV and Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga. I think I'm getting close to the home stretch of DDS1, but it has a direct sequel. I'm starting the sequel as soon as I finish the first one.

bmccann42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By bmccann42

I have found myself extremely bored by the next gen titles available, not sure why but AC4 and Dead Rising 3 lost me over time. Was loving Starbound, but have taken a step back till it fully comes out so as to avoid fatigue.

Bought a condo with my girlfriend, so not as much disposable income, so basically just waiting out on Titanfall and Destiny.

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By thatdutchguy

I've been playing Dark Souls and not much else, I think i should play some more Okami HD, i've only played a couple of hours of it.

Jim_Efantis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion: my wife got into the beta for mighty loot after Ubisofts e3 presentation. She loved it and I totally forgot about it until now. Maybe I will hook her up for Valentine’s Day. What a romancer I am...

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Canteu

Finishing up Far Cry 3 on my new pc, with Metal Gear Rising (that game is great) on the side. Moving onto either AC4 or Metro 2033/Last Light next.

Oh, and Tales of the Abyss on 3DS. I love it.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20  Edited By Seppli

Finished FF:T War of the Lions recently. Currently playing Guacamelee and Outlast and Soul Sacrifice in small installments. Still turn on Valkyria Chronicles 2 every now and then, to finish up the post-ending missions (which are the best in the game really). A daily dose of BF4 of course - depending on how it goes and if there's any server-side lag, I play a lot of it. I'll be starting Disgaea after typing this.

It's untypical for me to play so many things at once, but most singleplayer games are really enjoyed best in smaller installments, rather than powering through them, so I guess I'm changing my habits a bit to accommodate for the fact that I've got so damn many games to play, from PS+ and PSN Sales mostly.

CoinMatze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I just finished Banner Saga. I pre-ordered it but needed some time in between those bummer moments, that's why it took me so long. They should call it Bummer Saga. And now I'm going back to making Pokeymans. Only 20 more to get that full Pokedex.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22  Edited By Seppli

@hippie_genocide:

On PS4 at least, it's a joy to play most of the time. Most severe bugs are fixed. The netcode has been improved a bit. Server-side lag is gone, except for the weekends.

Play it during weeknights, and it's pretty much perfect, as far as these things go. It still needs a layer of polish or two, but it's definitely already in a very enjoyable state most of the time.

PatODay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm doing an Insanity run in Mass Effect 3, killing time before I buy an Xbox One and Titanfall.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've started learning Dota 2. Pray for me.

Jim_Efantis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudymusic: I am still LOLing right now but will try DOTA2 soon. Good luck!

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Isn't there already a thread for this?

miko1222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jim_efantis: I'm playing a couple of games right now: Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (First Time), Batman Arkham Origins (Second Time) and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (4th or 5th time). Sons of Liberty is a rather great game, with smart writing and loveable characters. You should check it out, Jim.

cyberbloke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By cyberbloke

I'm playing AC4, Killzone SF, Knack and Skylanders Swap Force, all on the PS4.

I'm finding the PS4 a joy to play, even the two kids' games I got for my son look amazing and are worth playing to me for the graphics alone.

Jim_Efantis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@miko1222: I loved Sons of Liberty! Solid Snake has always been one of my favorites, but Raiden grew on me, too. I won't give away anything because I'm not sure how far you are, but some of those boss battles were pretty rough.

miko1222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jim_efantis: I completed Sons of Liberty yesterday. The ending was rather emotional, and it's probably the only game EVER that really had me on the verge of crying. I've begun Snake Eater, and that one, despite the ridiculous cut scene/gameplay ratio, is a blast.

However, i'm afraid the series will take a turn after Hideo stops leading. He did direct, write, produce and was the game designer for Snake Eater, and that one's a great game. He'll also write, direct, produce and will be the game designer for Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain. I'd like for him to write the movie.