What's a game (or games) you remember being very excited for that you bounced right off of?

• 150 results
Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

In honor of No Man's Sky, a game I love to death in theory but have found myself fading from rapidly after its second week on my system, I've been thinking about other games I can recall being very very excited for that I ended up almost immediately discarding for one reason or another.

The first that springs to mind is The Witness. Turned out, my brain is not built for solving puzzles in three dimensional space. The first time I was presented with a puzzle that involved the trees in the environment, it took me four days to figure it out. Several times I came upon a puzzle set that I would breeze through two or three examples before hitting an insurmountable road block further down the chain. I scoured most of the island and, at some point, found no more "easy" level puzzles and just deleted the game from my hard drive.

Another is Tropico 5. I really had no idea what the game was but when it became a free PS+ game I was intrigued by the idea of a city/resort builder on PS4. So was my girlfriend. Unfortunately, we found the tutorial impenetrable and deleted the game within ten minutes.

Day of the Tentacle / Grim Fandango Remastered are a pair of games I had ultimate hype for, being that I'd played the DotT demo included with the Mac version of Full Throttle dozens of times and never owned a PC to play Grim Fandango on, but after an hour or two with both I felt equally satisfied with the experience and broken by the old adventure game logic. I've played a good number of adventure games but it's been a while since it was en vogue and, unless it's games I have completely memorized (probably just Full Throttle, The Dig and Monkey Island 3) I just don't think I can play them anymore. Some day when there isn't much else I'm interested in playing I'll definitely boot these up with a guide and play along to it with the commentary running. Which reminds me, I also thought I'd be really into Broken Age until, after a couple hours, I just wasn't.

Lastly, I'll mention Bioshock on PS3. Granted, by the time I'd come to it I knew all the twists and turns, themes and had seen a lot of the art in screenshots, so for me it was more of an exercise in experiencing something held to such high praise by others while knowing it wouldn't be such a revelation for me. What I didn't expect was the odd control scheme, or the weirdly difficult normal combat, or the brutal Big Daddy encounters. In two or three hours I likely died over 20 times, and resigned myself to the fact this was a game I'd likely never complete and that, for all its minor flaws, Bioshock Infinite was my preferred mode of Bioshock.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By monkeyking1969

Destiny (I gave it four or five days, but I hated the launch game.)

Metal Gear 3 (Its was just a demo, but I hated it almost from that start...I really probably just bounded off the end of MGS2.)

Resident Evil 4 (I think I was 30 min in when I said, "Nope, I'm out! This is NOT Resident Evil anymore.)

Arabes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Arabes

Far Cry 4. I really enjoyed 3 despite the white saviour bullshit and then when I got 4 I dived into and just didn't fucking care about anything that was happening at all. It took me a while to realise that regular FPS's and third person games just don't do it for me any more.

deepcovergecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By deepcovergecko

Street Fighter V

1) Launch content, we all know this part of the story

2) Netcode, it's not good and they still haven't acknowledged a glaring flaw first found in one of the first beta tests, that being one sided lag, they've also still not added region filtering, a real anti-rage quit system (that actually works properly) and the lobby system is very outdated

3) Too simplified for me, combos in V are a cakewalk compared to IV and I don't like it

4) The tournaments are boring, I thought Evo was a letdown compared to last year and I find myself lacking motivation to tune in, where as with SFIV I was always staying up to all hours of the day/night to watch big events, now I really don't care

5) Because I am in Japan I can still play SFIV easily due to all the arcade machines, it is still popular and SFV pushed me into learning how to play & enjoy Tekken, so thanks I guess?

I am not being hyperbolic when I say this is the biggest disappointment ever in gaming for me and I genuinely feel like an idiot for pre-ordering it along with the season pass.

Avatar image for deactivated-61356eb4a76c8
deactivated-61356eb4a76c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Total War: Warhammer

The fantasy setting didn't do much for me. I guess I just need history to go with my strategy.

BelowStupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anything Naughty Dog post Crash Bandicoot 3. CTR was good, but I wasn't a cart racer kid.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bigsocrates

The Warriors. I liked the movie, loved Rockstar games of that era, was super hyped for some awesome 70s New York beat 'em 'up action and then just found the whole thing super boring. No character, not much atmosphere, and repetitive clunky gameplay. A lot of people love it so I intend to go back some day and see if I can appreciate it, but I played like 45 minutes, put it down, and couldn't bring myself to pick it back up.

FF VIII. This might stretch "bounced right off" because I did play for multiple hours, but in an RPG this long I barely scratched the surface. Hated the characters, hated the boring-ass magic drawing, hated the card game, everything about this game is a hassle. Bounced so hard off this I never played FF IX even though I loved FF VII, and didn't come back to the series until FF X, which I liked despite its flaws.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

Overwatch. It was way too frustrating as a solo experience. I wanted to stop playing immediately.

Socialone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Borderlands 2 for me. I loved the first one to death and I was very excited for the second. Like many I didn't like the starting area at all, but what killed it for me was their attempt at internet humor. It was so aggravating, I had to stop playing after a few hours.

Krabbtummen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In most recent memory, No Man's Sky. I remained helplessly excited for the launch of it, paying no mind to what the pre-release buzz was saying, and booted it up in glee. Sadly, it wasn't even remotely the game I was hoping it would be, but I did TRY to give it a chance anyway. I quit after two hours and deleted it from my PS4, I don't think I'll ever play it again. I can forgive games not being great, but when they're straight up boring I'm out.

Though I'm having problems playing any game that's NOT Witcher III after finishing Witcher III. That game hit all the right notes for me in a way that no game has done before, and I have yet to find a worthy successor.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

The Cave

There are glimmers of potential visible in an otherwise unfunny, poorly controlling, awkwardly designed, curiously patronizing, unnecessarily repetitive mess of a game, which kind of makes the whole experience that much more frustrating. It was my "Okay, I'll give Ron Gilbert another chance. Maybe DeathSpank was a weird fluke," game. I was mistaken. Why you gotta do me like this, Ron?

Needless to say, I don't have high hopes for Thimbleweed Park.

Runner-up going to Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree’s Woe and the Blight Below for being exactly what I expected and hoped for in a DQ/DW crossover, but then completely hamstrung by easily avoidable interface problems. It's "almost a great game", but not in the way that a pretty good movie is "almost a great movie." It's "almost a great game" in the way that a great car with 3 wheels is "almost a great car."

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In most recent memory, No Man's Sky. I remained helplessly excited for the launch of it, paying no mind to what the pre-release buzz was saying, and booted it up in glee. Sadly, it wasn't even remotely the game I was hoping it would be, but I did TRY to give it a chance anyway. I quit after two hours and deleted it from my PS4, I don't think I'll ever play it again. I can forgive games not being great, but when they're straight up boring I'm out.

What were you hoping the game would be? I'm curious because I have mixed feelings about it leaning negative, but I'm not 100% sure what it is that's missing for me. I think ultimately it may be what Angry Joe said, which is purpose. You're given this huge galaxy to explore but nothing to do other than explore it, and there's not that much interesting or new to see, so in a lot of ways it feels like booting up a random world generator program and generating worlds over and over, only you have to do a lot of busywork in between. There's no point to any of it, no narrative to follow, no character to build, not even very much to find.

But were you expecting something specific that wasn't there, or was it just a general "what is there to DO?" malaise?

Krabbtummen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This pretty much sums it up, yeah, and if you add that just collecting fuel resources to be able to fly around is such a chore it gets real boring real soon.

What I wanted from that game is interaction, I guess, with the aliens species beyond just giving them carbon so they can teach you one word from their language. I wanted to explore inhabited planets and cities, I wanted to maybe find temples for some alien god to explore, and I wanted what you do in the game to be meaningful. It's none of that, and frankly it's just plain boring.

Darth_Navster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Darth_Navster

For me it's got to be Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Like many, I got sucked into COD 4 in a big way, then adored the smart improvements in Modern Warfare 2, and even finally accepted Treyarch as a real COD developer with Black Ops 1. Combined, I prestiged those three games 8 or 9 times and poured hundreds of hours into the franchise. Enter MW3's launch, I go at midnight to Toronto's Yonge and Dundas Square, with seemingly hundreds of other COD fans, where they had a military chopper (!) sitting there to celebrate the game's release. I get the game, head home, pop it into my PS3, and within an hour I realized that I absolutely didn't want to play it. The formula had gotten stale and it was clear that Infinity Ward had run out of ideas. I ended up playing the game enough over the next few months to prestige it in order to "get my money's worth", but it was a terrible slog. At that point I checked out of the franchise, only picking up Advanced Warfare years later at discount to play through the campaign.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a hard time not giving games a thorough chance. I'll play a game I'm disliking for hours just trying to see if it has any merit, so I end up bouncing off very few games immediately.

That said: Far Cry 4. I played and loved FC 3, and I even think the story is good (you're all missing the point!), but by the end of it I was totally done with ever playing that game again, and FC 4 was just too similar. Drove around in a jeep and killed a few elephants after finishing an hour of story missions while not caring about a single character. Uninstalled it from Steam.

brownsfantb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 30

The SSX reboot. I played the hell out of Tricky and SSX 3 and I was really excited for the reboot. But I lasted about an hour with it.

iwanecky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fallout 4 I remember being hyped by trailers only to find out that I have to minecraft and won't know what my character will say. I was never so disappointed with a video game.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

The SSX reboot. I played the hell out of Tricky and SSX 3 and I was really excited for the reboot. But I lasted about an hour with it.

Ah, this. It was a PS+ game, wasn't it? Either that or had a major discount. The girl I was dating at the time was a huge fan of Tricky as well so we both were really excited to get the game but I'd forgotten there was no split screen multiplayer and, while it had the general feel of SSX, something was just missing. There were too many systems and the maps just weren't as fun to board. At this point I'd love to see them re-release SSX 3 and see if the continuous mountain gimmick holds up today, that's the one thing I think would be awesome to see done on the scale current systems can handle.

bluefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Recently? Dirt Rally.

Played the first race six or seven times to get my time up and figure things out while it installed and... never played it again. I still mean to, but time is a harsh mistress.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Undertale

Writing and music was nice but playing it was am absolute chore.

CcFfBb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I suppose Fallout 3 is mine. I thought I would like the combat system and the exploration more than I actually did. I think Sonic Unleashed had a really impressive demo, but the controls in the game that were not part of the demo made the game hard to play, so I didn't stick with that one. Most recently I'd have to say Monster Hunter Generations. I think what I've realized is that Monster Hunter is a franchise that I want to enjoy, but I don't really enjoy playing as much as the game requires to really get into it. But that's on me, not the franchise.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fallout 4. Man, what a letdown after how much I loved 3 and NV.

I do want to go back to it soon, though. Now that my expectations have been tempered and mods are out on consoles (hopefully an encumbrance mod first and foremost), I hope I can warm up to it.

But my biggest one, and I've talked about it here before, was Maabus. This was the game that gave me a hard lesson on hype and advertising. Suffice it to say, the advertising overhyped the game in a way that makes No Man's Sky's marketing look downright modest. And being 9 at the time, I bought into it, hard.

When I finally played it... well... look. We're at a point where even bad games aren't THAT bad (usually). True dumpster fires are increasingly rare. This game was a dumpster fire. The kindest thing I can say about it is that the box was cool, and the trailer was exquisite 90s cheese. (seriously, go watch it)

mgalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In recent memory, it'd definitely be Necropolis. I really like the game's art style, and was very excited to have a Dark Souls-esque game I could actually play with my friends. When I finally played it on release, the combat and feedback felt very unsatisfying and the gameplay loop was pretty boring and lost my interest quickly. First time I steam-refunded, because the game just flat-out doesn't feel finished. The developers have said they plan to try their best to improve it, and I'd really like to hope that it works out eventually, but for now, it still stands as a huge bummer for me.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ACIV: Black Flag. I didn't care a ton about ACIII but it had good moments and I finished it. IV looked great in theory. When I only heard great thing about it I was pretty sold on it (on top of me just really liking AC as a franchise). But I just found the boat traversal to become tedious over time to the point where going to start a mission felt like a chore. And I sort of realized I enjoyed AC the most when it's somewhat self-serious and in big cities. I still rank it above III, but not by a lot.

Tyrrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in a similar boat as OP with Bioshock. I actually played it for free at my friend's house on his PC, and I was expecting to love it. I had seen him play it several times, and it looked fun. When I was in the driver's seat though, it just didn't click for me. I just wasn't having fun and quit after maybe an hour or so.

One of the biggest disappointments of my gaming life has to be Prince of Persia: Warrior Within. I loved The Sands of Time. In fact, the only game I've played through more times is Resident Evil 4. However, Warrior Within was an absolute train wreck. I tried to play it for maybe a couple hours, but it just wasn't fun. I actually tried to force myself to play it several times, but I eventually left it and didn't look back. The hype was real for me on this one. I even preordered it which was quite rare for me even then.

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Recently, No Man's Sky. I'd managed to keep my expectations in check, but even then I was expecting a hell of a lot more.

A few years ago, Mass Effect 3 (I know, I know). It wasn't the ending for me so much as a lot of the surrounding game. I thought the shooting felt worse than it did in ME2, they'd taken out the film grain filter which only succeeded in making you realize how ugly everything was (and the game still ran like crap even without it). It was the beginning of dumb auto-dialogue shit that didn't give players any agency and when you did have conversational choices they'd removed the middle of the road option, which meant even less choice. The "war asset" planet scanning shit worked on unclear rules and ended up not logically tying into the end of the game very well. It just felt like BioWare had knowingly phoned in the game on the premise that "whatever, people will buy it anyway."

@bigsocrates said:

@krabbtummen said:

What were you hoping the game would be? I'm curious because I have mixed feelings about it leaning negative, but I'm not 100% sure what it is that's missing for me. I think ultimately it may be what Angry Joe said, which is purpose. You're given this huge galaxy to explore but nothing to do other than explore it, and there's not that much interesting or new to see, so in a lot of ways it feels like booting up a random world generator program and generating worlds over and over, only you have to do a lot of busywork in between. There's no point to any of it, no narrative to follow, no character to build, not even very much to find.

But were you expecting something specific that wasn't there, or was it just a general "what is there to DO?" malaise?

For me, I wanted a chill exploration and discovery game. The problem is that Hello Games so fundamentally failed to understand the very concepts of exploration and discovery. You want to discover something because you don't know what's there. For example, "what's in that little town? I don't know, so I'm going to go explore it." If I already knew what was in the little town, there'd be no reason to explore.

And that's the problem with No Man's Sky. Despite there being 18 quintillion planets or whatever, I can tell you exactly what's on every single one without ever going there. Each and every planet is going to have:

1. a "craggy" topography
  2. plutonium, which will always be in red crystal formations
  3. exactly one of three or four rare mineral types always contained in lumpy pillars
  4. it will be populated exclusively by one of three alien species who will always ask you for the same things, regradless of which race is asking.
  5. three or four building types, which mostly look alike regardless of which race controls the planet
  6. some alien plaques
  7. some monoliths
  8. Heridium, which is always contained in pillars
  9. if the planet has copper, it will always be in inexplicably floaty asteroids
  10. Drop pods, trading posts, etc.

After 40 hours, I had yet to encounter anything different. There were no planets so hostile I couldn't land. No gas giants. No planets with nothing on them at all. No planets that were all plains or all oceans. There was absolutely no sense of the unknown and consequently, no reason to go exploring.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Lords of the Fallen is the last one I can remember. I wasn't expecting it to be a great game, but I was expecting it to be a more story driven way for me to begin to understand the Dark Souls phenomenon. Instead, I ended up feeling like Jeff. I fought like 5 monsters and the combat felt like complete garbage and I returned it.

betaband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Total War: Warhammer

The fantasy setting didn't do much for me. I guess I just need history to go with my strategy.

Same

OnionKnight14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to LOVE Assassin's Creed. AC 2 and AC:B were probably two of my favorite games of last gen. I bought and played AC:R all the way through, but could feel the quality was just not on par with the previous ones. After seeing the E3 demos, videos, and reading up on AC3 before it came out I thought it would be an amazing return to form. They had been working on a new engine, it was in development even during AC:B (I think), and it was in Boston!

After that horrendously long tutorial, the terrible characters, and seemingly even more repetitive tasks, I put the game down. I never bought another AC game again.

Krabbtummen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lawgamer said:

After 40 hours, I had yet to encounter anything different. There were no planets so hostile I couldn't land. No gas giants. No planets with nothing on them at all. No planets that were all plains or all oceans. There was absolutely no sense of the unknown and consequently, no reason to go exploring.

Yeah man, exactly. Such a bummer, too, it seemed to have so much potential.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Oh man, there's been a fair few. Some of the most blatant ones are my stubborn attempts to get back into Jrpgs. Final Fantasy was such a huge part of my gaming life as a teen, I haven't yet been able to let go of the genre, even though I almost never get into one when I play nowadays.

Darksiders bummed me the fuck out. I should love that game, but I'm so indifferent when I play it just straight up hurts.

Metro 2033 is a bad one too. Every time I see something out of that game I want to go back and give it a chance. And every time I do I realise I don't enjoy it all over again.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mirrors Edge Catylist. It's extra weird though because I really like that game. I'll just have to start over at some point, it's been too long now.

bill_mcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kingdoms of Amalur. Played the demo like a fiend and bought it day-one. When I stared actually playing it I got really bored and just put it away. Can't explain it either, maybe I just couldn't get into the story.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

No Man's Sky lasted over a week for you? More like two hours for me.

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paulmako said:

Undertale

Writing and music was nice but playing it was am absolute chore.

The same for me. Granted I was going for a "no kill" run the first time playing the game, but the bullet-hell nature of the fights just frustrated me. Probably would enjoy it more if the gameplay was more traditional RPG-styled.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fallout 4

Far Cry 4

Civilization: Beyond Earth

XCOM 2

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Rayman Legends. It's a great game, got great reviews and has those awesome music levels.

But after a few hours of platforming i rather played something else than to look for my uplay icon.

HellBrendy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

GTA 4. They removed everything fun about San Andreas and made a dead city with a story I didn't click with, a really annoying cell phone mechanic and it was just nothing for me there anymore. I tried and tried to enjoy it but by the time I realized I should be having fun I was just bored. Brucie couldn't save it.

TheWildCard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Hmm yeah that's a good one. Bought it, played it once, realized "oh that's right I was never very good at SSX", never booted it up again.

While I might return to it yet Invisible, Inc. didn't do much for me, despite seemingly being my kind of thing.

There's a couple more I quite think of at the moment.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#41  Edited By BoOzak

I'm one of those whiners that complained about the Titanfall 2 tech test if that counts. I love the first game and was really hyped for the second one.

But i've been pretty lucky with other big divisive sequels like MGS 5 and Fallout 4. (played that one fairly recently, I dont really understand the hate)

Halo 5? I actually enjoyed Halo 4 despite it being codified in some aspects I preferred it to ODST and Reach. 5 though? Played the campaign thought it was dumb fun but nothing i'd want to replay by myself. (the friendly AI was terrible and certain enemies require teamwork) But Warzone was a mess of ideas designed around microtransactions and the rest of the game modes seemed like failed attempts to appeal to the e-sports crowd not helped by the boring maps.

I did like the traversal stuff though. Ramming through shit was fun.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By cloudymusic

Star Wars: Force Commander. The idea of "like Warcraft or C&C except Star Wars" sounded so awesome, but man...what a huge disappointment that thing was.

Star Wars Galaxies was similar, actually; I was excited for that game for probably the whole year running up to it, got into a closed beta, the whole thing. I played it once on launch day and felt no urge to touch it again, though. It wasn't terrible or anything, but it definitely didn't do anything to grab me or make me want to play more of it.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Evolve

NMS

BrainScratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Borderlands 2 for me. I loved the first one to death and I was very excited for the second. Like many I didn't like the starting area at all, but what killed it for me was their attempt at internet humor. It was so aggravating, I had to stop playing after a few hours.

The exact same thing happened to me with Borderlands 2. Got it on PS Plus, heard everyone talking good about it, got really interested in the intro video and then the more I played it the more annoyed by it I got.

Also, every Bioshock game. I like the concept but every time I try to play them I get uninterested rather quickly.

meteora3255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. I got really into to MH3U on Wii U because a friend really took me under his wing and opened my eyes. I didn't get the same rush of excitement playing 4. Almost feels a bit like the old Mario Kart adage, your first Monster Hunter is your favorite Monster Hunter.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marcsman said:

Evolve

This is a good one. I was excited for the game and enjoyed the Beta, bought the "Deluxe" version with...almost 10% of the DLC included for only an extra $40, and played like 4 hours total, and having to force myself to do so. The game just doesn't work if you're not in a group and playing the monster felt, to me, like getting ganged up on and not at all fun, mostly because the controls were stiff with lengthy animations (at least on the goliath.)

It's now getting a humans Vs AI mode which seems more appealing to me, but who knows if it's ever going to reach consoles. What a mess that game was.

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

Oblivion (Elders Scrolls 4) Was super hyped for it after thousands hours with previous games. I even have bought the collectors edition and then the game was just ok.

Someone above reminded me about SSX and the disappointment with that game. Loved the series since the demo that came with PS2 and this was just like the gritty reboot that lost all its charm.

haxdax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really thought Two Worlds was going to be a great game. I persuaded friends to get it with me. Boy I was wrong. That was probably the largest disparity between me excited for a game and then completely disappointed by it.

The worst part is... I want to go back and try it again because I remember liking a small portion of it.

Ericjasonwade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Warriors. I liked the movie, loved Rockstar games of that era, was super hyped for some awesome 70s New York beat 'em 'up action and then just found the whole thing super boring. No character, not much atmosphere, and repetitive clunky gameplay. A lot of people love it so I intend to go back some day and see if I can appreciate it, but I played like 45 minutes, put it down, and couldn't bring myself to pick it back up.

What? That game is a goddamn gem.

I was super pumped for Fallout 4. I got it day one and I think I may have even taken the day off and it was heavily disappointing. I don't necessarily think it was the games fault and more my own hypometer was probably due for calibration. I should've expected that Bethesda would make a Bethesda game. Also it probably wasn't fair that I played the Witcher 3 prior so the bar had been set only to be rolled under.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#50  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I bounced off of Far Cry 4 super hard when I tried to play it last year, despite really loving Far Cry 3. Somewhere around the 900th tower it all broke for me and now I can't stand that Ubisoft style of open world game.