What's a game (or games) you remember being very excited for that you bounced right off of?

• 150 results
KyleRisu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Bloodborne, for me. I absolutely loved Dark Souls 2, so of course I immediately bought Bloodborne at release. Probably put about 2-3 hours into it before deciding I had absolutely no interest in progressing through the game. I don't know what it was that threw me off, because I was so eager to play for the first 10 minutes, but almost immediately after those initial minutes I couldn't find any interest to continue playing, as much as I tried to push through.

I still consider the idea of playing it again, but there's so much more to play now that I really don't care for it - Especially after Dark Souls 3.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I've been playing games for so long now that i don't get that excited about releases anymore, except Tekken 7, so i have to modify the question a bit to "games the world went crazy for which bounced off of me".
Every Halo game after the first, with every Halo release comes a huge surge of excitement from a whole lot of people, then at release they are met with amazing critical acclaim, so i felt a need to keep checking out the games especially after really enjoying the first one, i followed the series up to Reach disliking things about every release, at which point i decided to ignore the hype in the future and haven't invested in the series since.
Every PS3 Naughty Dog game, at this point i should note that i don't really stop playing a game even if they annoy me, i tend to see everything through, so i've played through Uncharted 2, 3 and The Last of Us and despite those games having great cutscenes and dialog, i absolutely hate their input lag, it's something i never learned to deal with and ruined everything about controlling those games.
The Tomb Raider reboot games, apparently Crystal Dynamics kept their super bad animator from Underworld because i can feel his nasty claws infecting every animation in the games since, stop him, please. Having Camilla Luddington do the voice also kills me, she was born in the UK but has lived pretty much the rest of her life in America and i can hear the accent creep in all the time, but what's worse than that is her breathing, why is she breathing all the time, why is she breathing in my ears? All the time?
I guess i do have one game which actually fits the topic, Rocksmith 2014, i play the guitar so this game sounded super interesting, mechanically it works really well but every time i booted it up i'd scroll through the song list and not want to play any of them, i have a specific taste in music and while i could buy DLC to add some of the songs i do like, the fact that i didn't like any of the 66 tracks it came with didn't convince me to spend more money on it.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

Recently, I'd have to say Trails of Cold Steel. I thought it looked like a modern Persona game, but set during a magical industrial revolution. But it... wasn't.

The characters were all very one-note, and combat felt pretty conservative for a JRPG. If I had less going on at the time, I might have been able to play through the entire thing, but it would have been the strength of translation and setting that would have done it for me.

Sometime soon I'm going to have to revisit Trails in the Sky. Maybe that one will stick.

officer_falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Easily Hellgate: London. On paper is sounded good, ex-Blizzard devs who worked on Diablo making a new one of those games. After playing it on the release day I'm pretty sure I never picked it up again.